I am now a fan of Rex Ryan and...

DarthICE

I love the way their owner is handling the Revis situation. It is about the GROUP, the TEAM, not one friggin player.

I hope they hold thier position and let revis sit all season. If all owners would handle things this way, the cap and salaries wouldn't be out of hand.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the way their owner is handling the Revis situation. It is about the GROUP, the TEAM, not one friggin player.

I hope they hold thier position and let revis sit all season. If all owners would handle things this way, the cap and salaries wouldn't be out of hand.

I also think they should let Revis sit.

As for Rex: He's a blowhard and a douche. Braggarts like that deserve to get their asses kicked, IMO. His father and brother are punks, so it's no surprise he is also a punk.

But I am NOT surprised you really like a blowhard punk. Nope, that makes perfect sense.

He should get something, but man, as many have stated on this board, I am baffled at the money dolled out to DBs in this league.

I heard a scenario i really liked. Though there is a .000046% chance of this ever happening.

Let him sit out this year, untill he decides to come back. When he does suspend him for the rest of the year.

If he does it again next year(sits out and decides to come back) suspend him again for the rest of the year.

He will have wasted 2 years of his career being a spoiled B*%!% while making very little money.

Then see how hard it would be for him to get a huge contract after not playing a single down for 2 years.

Same goes for the issue in San Diego, except i could actually see AJ smith doing that.

BTW, the Jets position with Revis is not coming from Rex. I'm sure Rex wants the team to get the Revis deal done. This is a FO move.

Now, if Revis was a Bill, I would be all for the team re-doing his deal now. But since he plays for the Jets, screw him!

Revis isn't negotiating with Rex Ryan.

Beat me to it.

Hmmmm. Who is the douche in this conversation so far?

Hmmm. I going to say "YOU!"

Did I get it right?

No. But thanks for playing.

I was just playing with you, CM. No offense intended.

I know my remarks might seem harsh to you. But you haven't been around long enough to know what I (and many of the old timers here) know.

I was just playing with you, CM. No offense intended.

I know my remarks might seem harsh to you. But you haven't been around long enough to know what I (and many of the old timers here) know.

None taken.

I have been around long enough to know why the OP tends to inspire hostility.

He just didn't in this thread so far was all.

But then again, liking Rex Ryan ... :)

None taken.

I have been around long enough to know why the OP tends to inspire hostility.

He just didn't in this thread so far was all.

Oh, no question my comment was an complete cheap shot.

This is yet another example of how the Raiders screw the whole league up. They gave Asamugah 16 million a year which is 3 mil a year more than any other DB in the league. Now Revis wants to be the highest paid. How do you give a corner 17 million a year? What is he- Peyton freaking Manning?

Incidentallu, the Raiders almost screwed us over by giving the guy they picked ahead of Spiller an outrageous out of line contract. Once again proving there is an owner in the league more senile than our very own Ralph.

This is yet another example of how the Raiders screw the whole league up. They gave Asamugah 16 million a year which is 3 mil a year more than any other DB in the league. Now Revis wants to be the highest paid. How do you give a corner 17 million a year? What is he- Peyton freaking Manning?

I agree. But the case you site is just a symptom of a much larger disease.

Take these salaries and divide by 16 (number of regular season games in a season) to get salary on a per game basis. The result is staggering.