WTF! Colts DE Gill found drunk in a ditch

Maybe he wasn't really drunk. Maybe he is a victim of "overtraining." I think Brian Cushing and the Texans' training staff are onto something here. It could be that Gill trained so hard during camp that his endorphins went wild on his day off and he ended up appearing to be drunk in a ditch.

Maybe he wasn't really drunk. Maybe he is a victim of "overtraining." I think Brian Cushing and the Texans' training staff are onto something here. It could be that Gill trained so hard during camp that his endorphins went wild on his day off and he ended up appearing to be drunk in a ditch.

It coulda been any number of factors. Maybe he was on certain meds that were not to be mixed with drinks. Maybe he tried a new hard alcohol that didn't take well with his system. Maybe he's just a plain drunk.

It's all speculation. We'll find out eventually when the facts roll in.

It happens. But in training camp? He made a serious mistake on his night out.

I can't be one to judge too much tho. My buddy and i were out this saturday night and if there was a ditch nearby we woulda been in it too.

You and your buddy sound pretty close. Imagine that, the two of you finding the same ditch on a Saturday night!

...& it looks like that's where Gill's NFL career ends....barefoot in a ditch!

John Gill

I dunno...if that were the case why not just cut him now? Could the Colts be giving him a chance to get his chit together rather than outright releasing him?

I'm not saying he'll be with them next season, but this appears to be a move with the player's best interests at heart.

(or they don't want to give him an opportunity to sign elsewhere as if nothing happened [and get nothing in return which is the Bills mode of operation])

I have a feeling that if his name was Dwight Freeney he wouldn't be out for the season, but getting him help is the biggest priority.

You and your buddy sound pretty close. Imagine that, the two of you finding the same ditch on a Saturday night!

Is somebody with the name "PushthePile" making gay jokes about others?! <_<

:D