People predicting the Bills record this year

3. Injuries. Nix & Gailey hired 2 strength & conditioning coordinators, one for the linemen, the other for WR's & DB's. In the first OTA, Bills players came in and saw all 12 TV's were gone and the players were expected to come in and work. With the players being more physically prepared to start the season, there will be less injuries on the team.

This will be huge. Great point, and great overall post except:

-Our schedule is harder this year, esp. on the road. We could see tons of improvement and still be 8-8.

-Lynch is a better RB than Freddie, and with certainly a better future

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills can win 6-7 games under numbnut Jauron, then they should be able to win 8-9 under Gailey. This team already looks ten times better. Barring a rash of injuries, I predict 9-7.

PTR

I'll reserve that "stamp" until I watch them in a game situation or two. It does seem almost impossible for us to be any worse on offense though IMO. The defense has some solid players in key positions and I think they will be good, if not excellent, especially if the offense can sustain some drives to give them a rest at times. First chance to watch the Bills? This Friday versus the Redskins. I'm thankful because everything that involves Washington is shown on local channels. :unsure:

This will be huge. Great point, and great overall post except:

-Our schedule is harder this year, esp. on the road. We could see tons of improvement and still be 8-8.

-Lynch is a better RB than Freddie, and with certainly a better future

IMO, Jackson is a better elusive running back, while Lynch is the better power back. In between the 20's, give it to Jackson more. In the red zone, give it to Lynch.

This must be the thread where everyone wears rose colored glasses :unsure: ahhh hope springs eternal before every season starts.

Honestly guys I wish I could share your optimism... but I just can't. Let me just say that should the 2010 Buffalo Bills win more games then last seasons Rams or Lions did, then they will have exceeded my expectations :lol:

These prediction threads are getting very repetitive.

Allow me to summarize:

1) Some people think the Bills will be very good this year, 11-5 or better. Mainly due to the coaching change and the acquisition of Spiller. Whoever does not agree with this prediction is a doom & gloomer, needs to sober up, or my personal favorite ... not a "real fan".

2) Some people think the Bills will have a very bad record this season. 4-12 or worse. Mainly due to minimal personal changes and a more difficult schedule than last year. Whoever does not agree with this prediction is drinking koolaid or a homer with his head in the sand.

3) The rest tend to believe the record will be not that different that last year. In the 8-8 ballpark. Most people can't find a reason to hate on these predictions too much.

Thank God the season will be starting soon so these prediction threads can stop.

too new everywhere; too many new positions; too few qb skillz

four wins

Those "too few QB skillz" you speak of were good enough to get us 6 wins last year and probably should have been 8-8.

I really think the people who are predicting 4 or less wins this year are the ones with ESPN colored glasses on. Ive been watching this whole offseason and keeping quiet about what i think. I think after watching a few camp practices its completely obvious this team CANNOT be any worse than last year.

Save the schedule argument because it just doesnt fly with me. Im not sold on the jets or the dolphins yet, the steelers could have a slip up this year.........point is LOTS of things could happen and this schedule could turn out to be pretty easy you never know. Its happened before, remember our really hard schedule in 08'? Thats right.... turned out that the 5 teams we beat in the beginning of the year ended up bottom of the barrel that year

dont be surprised if this team doesnt end up last in the division.

This team won six games despite Jauron and that grease fire we called a season last year.

I think we'll go 9-7, with the last game of the season being the clincher, with the playoffs on the line.

These prediction threads are getting very repetitive.

Allow me to summarize:

1) Some people think the Bills will be very good this year, 11-5 or better. Mainly due to the coaching change and the acquisition of Spiller. Whoever does not agree with this prediction is a doom & gloomer, needs to sober up, or my personal favorite ... not a "real fan".

2) Some people think the Bills will have a very bad record this season. 4-12 or worse. Mainly due to minimal personal changes and a more difficult schedule than last year. Whoever does not agree with this prediction is drinking koolaid or a homer with his head in the sand.

3) The rest tend to believe the record will be not that different that last year. In the 8-8 ballpark. Most people can't find a reason to hate on these predictions too much.

Thank God the season will be starting soon so these prediction threads can stop.

Time to call the Whaambulance: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

I think the Bills will be better then last year, so my high bar is 8-8. I highly doubt we'll pull a playoff berth, but I believe this will be the year we get that elusive W against Cleveland. Nothing has been more disheartening then losing to the lowly Browns two years in a row while witnessing some of the worst football ever played at a pro level.

too new everywhere; too many new positions; too few qb skillz

four wins

Exactly what he said without spelling it skillz. I would LOVE to see the 11-5 that someone put out there but I just don't see it happening this year. I think they have somewhat of a plan but it is not a one year plan. It is more realistically a 3 year plan and I hate to say it but you normally need to bottom out to come back on top. And in related news I got Sunday Ticket for $179 when I said "this is the year I'm not going to get it!!"

Than last year's training camp?

No matter what happened under Jauron, the Bills don't get "spotted" those 6-7 wins and simply add to them because CG is coach. Anything can happen.

I say 8-8.

Agreed. That's why they call them predictions. I am starting out with the team that ended 2009 6-10, looking at was is different at this point in 2010, and feel confident they are improved. Two big veteran losses (Schobel & T.O.) but much better coaching, better camp, and some exciting prospects in the rookie class. O-line not great but has to be better than grabbing guys off the street like last year. QB's no worse than last year. I'll stick to 9-7 but 8-8 is more realistic.

PTR

Exactly what he said without spelling it skillz. I would LOVE to see the 11-5 that someone put out there but I just don't see it happening this year. I think they have somewhat of a plan but it is not a one year plan. It is more realistically a 3 year plan and I hate to say it but you normally need to bottom out to come back on top. And in related news I got Sunday Ticket for $179 when I said "this is the year I'm not going to get it!!"

Do you have any money left after buying Sunday Ticket to PM me and put your money behind your pessimism? I will take the over on the "four wins" that you agree with "exactly".

(P.S. Disclaimer: Koufax may or may not be just blowing hot air himself, and may or may not do any real football gambling since losing $20 on the fourth straight Super Bowl some years back. He does not officially condone any sports gambling nor view TSW as a place to conduct such wagering, unless someone will really let him take the over on four wins.)

I think the Bills are going to surprise a lot of people this year - THIS is the year we make the playoffs!

- New coach - that last guy was a total moron - Gregg Williams Mike Mularkey Dick Jauron Chan Gailey is just the coach this team needs - he's a REAL coach who will get the most out of this team! Although he has yet to do anything, I LOVE him!

- Front office changes - we have a new guy (OK, he was part of the old regime, but he's got the top job now). Although he's done nothing yet, I LOVE him - he's got this organization on the right track!

- I know our past drafts have been pretty weak and we've not really gotten any serious impact players, but Donte Whitner Marshawn Lynch Leodis McKelvin James Hardy Aaron maybin C.J. Spiller is the REAL DEAL - he's a game changer that's going to be a perennial Prow Bowl player!

- Injuries - I know we had a lot of injuries last year, but this year's going to be different! We can completely control injuries and by hiring a new strength and conditioning coach and taking the TVs out of the weight room - we should have at least 8 fewer guys on IR this season!

- Free agents - did you see who we brought in this year! Everyone says he's at the end of his career and has no place left to go, but we got a steal - that guy's gonna be a monster playing for us

- Offensive line - I know we've had real problems at the offensive line, but all we need are a few games together and this unit is going to gel big-time. Everyone who says we have one of the worst o-lines in the NFL is buying into that "lower round draftees are better than rookie free agents crap" - hey, anyone ever hear of Jason Peters? We have 5 Pro Bowl offensive linemen nobody knows about yet!

- Division opponents - we've had trouble beating the Fins, Jets and Pats in the last few seasons, but they really aren't that good. On paper they've added players that evryone says make them much better, but I don't buy that media hype. I haven't seen them play, but I know they're not going to be all that great. On the other hand, the Bills haven't shown anything yet but I really believe they're going 12-4 this year!

- The defensive changes we made are finally going to suit our personnel - what a concept! I think that alone gives us 5 more wins than last season, even with new coaches and guys playing positions they never played before.....

- The Bills are flying under the radar this year. Nobody but nobody in the media is paying any attention to this team and I love that - we're going to sneak up on teams and destroy them, mainly because other organizations get all their Bills information from folks like Peter King. I can't wait to competely stun Bill Belichick because he was looking for us in Monday Morning Quarterback and didn't read anything about us - that's gonna be sweet!

[feel free to cut and paste and post this next year - it'll save you the trouble of making the same "THIS is the Bills year" arguments you've made for the past decade]

I think a lot of this season wins and losses will come down to how our defense can handle the switch to 3-4 and stopping the first half scoring slaughter we faced last year and against the run. In a close game that comes down to how we handle the 4th qtr, I would hope we can pull it out with Trent under center. He's done okay with clock pressure despite DJ's poor game management abilities. optimistically predicting 9-7.

I think a lot of this season wins and losses will come down to how our defense can handle the switch to 3-4 and stopping the first half scoring slaughter we faced last year and against the run. In a close game that comes down to how we handle the 4th qtr, I would hope we can pull it out with Trent under center. He's done okay with clock pressure despite DJ's poor game management abilities. optimistically predicting 9-7.

Heres to more blind optimism :unsure:

Guest dog14787
Agreed. That's why they call them predictions. I am starting out with the team that ended 2009 6-10, looking at was is different at this point in 2010, and feel confident they are improved. Two big veteran losses (Schobel & T.O.) but much better coaching, better camp, and some exciting prospects in the rookie class. O-line not great but has to be better than grabbing guys off the street like last year. QB's no worse than last year. I'll stick to 9-7 but 8-8 is more realistic.

PTR

I'm with you PTR, 9-7