schobel to houston?

If Schobel is so bad why the interest from Houston, Seattle and the Patriots?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/431610-...andful-of-teams

And if we knew he didn't fit in with the Bills so many months ago, don't you think we could have gotten something for him back then?

I suspect wherever he goes he's going to get a lot of playing time.

And if we knew he didn't fit in with the Bills so many months ago, don't you think we could have gotten something for him back then?

It was never a question of skill. If you are the GM of another team, what would you give in return for a guy who has said he wants to retire and has given every indication that he's serious, and now after being released still hasn't made up his mind to play? And if he does play, he wants concessions to spend as much time with his family as possible. Oh, and it's definitely his last year from what he's said. Yeah, I'd trade the world for him, too. There's no down side to talking to him or picking him up now.

Aside from the late round pick that the Bills may have been able to get for him, they lose nothing by parting ways with an older player who would have taken reps from a younger guy so that he could have switched positions to play one last year, leaving them in the same situation next year.

He didn't want to play in Buffalo and his contract was constrictive in regards to trading him and also in regards to keeping a player on the team who didn't want to be here.

Schobel is not bad!

However as JW said he is n a different time schedule than most and the bills got tired of waiting and when it came to a head they cut em....

I wish he would have wanted to plaly a few months ago during OTA' but time too move on...

Aaron Schobel doesn't want to be traded or to retire he wants to be cut so he can make his own deal- probably with a 4-3 team in the South- what do the Texans play?

If Schobel plays for NE, or Seattle then the whole "I'm doing it for my family" thing was a complete sham- if Schobel had been ultra cooperative in the salary department we probably could have traded him for a low draft pick 5th-7th but that would have cost him as much as a 1/2 to 2 million dollars depending how many seasons he plays 1-3. BTW I'm not mad at Schobel because the truth is unless he was significantly better than our other OLB candidates he would have been cut or a least asked to take a large pay cut.

I don't hate Shcobel, but honestly, I don't think his presence on the Bills in 2010 would have led to any more wins...this team is rebuilding...might as well see what we have. I don't think there is any other Bills "great" that I have felt more indifference toward.

Trading for him also means taking on his contract and giving up somthing for him. There was no interest in him until he was a FA where you don't have to give up a draft pick and he can be signed for the veteran minimum or a little more.

If Schobel plays for NE, or Seattle then the whole "I'm doing it for my family" thing was a complete sham- if Schobel had been ultra cooperative in the salary department we probably could have traded him for a low draft pick 5th-7th but that would have cost him as much as a 1/2 to 2 million dollars depending how many seasons he plays 1-3. BTW I'm not mad at Schobel because the truth is unless he was significantly better than our other OLB candidates he would have been cut or a least asked to take a large pay cut.

Exactly, he says he wants to retire or be closer to home in Texas. The Bills weren't going to allow him to just show up on game days and spend the rest of the time in Texas with his family. He still isn't 100% sure he will play this year, and the Texans are only interested because he is free to negotiate a smaller deal for only one more year. It would have been nice to get something in return for him, but he put the Bills in a bind cause he has been flip-floping on weither he wants to play next year or not. He has shown interest in possibly playing for the Texans, why wouldn't they atleast want to discuss working out a deal for next season if he wants to come back?

The only way he will go to Seattle or NE (if he was serious in what he told the media and the Bills) is if either team signs him and allows him to spend most of the weeks during the season to go back home and bee with his wife and kids

He's not bad, in fact he's pretty good, but he was overpaid. Dollars given to him over his value are dollars that can't be used to strengthen another area of the team. I think that's what most fans had issues with...

If he is signed by another team it will be interesting to see for how much.

Really? Inheriting a big contract for an aging player who didn't want to play in Buffalo, and he told the Bills he was contemplating retirement. Do you think teams were salivating over him months ago. He was being advised by his agent to back the Bills into a corner, most likely. I don't think he'll get much playing except maybe third downs.

Hasn't it been known that Houston wanted him (needed a DE) and if he were going to play he wanted to be closer to home in Houston?

No surprise if he goes there. Or if he retires. I still have respect for the man, he played some great ball in Buffalo even if the team was not that great.

Hasn't it been known that Houston wanted him (needed a DE) and if he were going to play he wanted to be closer to home in Houston?

No surprise if he goes there. Or if he retires. I still have respect for the man, he played some great ball in Buffalo even if the team was not that great.

Houston makes sense from every angle, except that they haven't made the playoffs (but players think they can be the one to put a team over the hump). Considering he hasn't signed with them yet and he was released 5 days ago, I truly believe he planned on retiring, but got the itch to play late, and is still conflicted.

If Schobel plays for NE, or Seattle then the whole "I'm doing it for my family" thing was a complete sham

You mean kinda like Roger Clemens when he said he wanted to leave Boston to be closer to family and signed with Toronto instead of Texas?

Gee, I hope not. I still have some respect for Aaron Schobel.

I think Schobel intended to play for a few more years, but the 3-4 was what broke the camel's back and made leaving inevitable. The Texans have a leg up, but I'm expecting other teams to make a play for him. In the final analysis its probably the Benjamins and a 4-3 situation that will call the shots.

I think Schobel intended to play for a few more years, but the 3-4 was what broke the camel's back and made leaving inevitable. The Texans have a leg up, but I'm expecting other teams to make a play for him. In the final analysis its probably the Benjamins and a 4-3 situation that will call the shots.

I think that if he wanted to play, he would have threatened to rejoin the team much earlier than he did. As it stands, he'll probably miss the first pre-season game with the Texans and that does no one any good.