Spiller deal could be completed in a week or less-Per Allen Wilson of

Bills | C.J. Spiller remains unsigned

Mon, 02 Aug 2010 18:50:43 -0400

Buffalo Bills RB C.J. Spiller, the team's first-round draft choice, remains unsigned. During an interview on ESPNews, Allen Wilson, of The Buffalo News, said he believes a deal could be completed toward the end of the week or by early next week. He said the two sides have moved forward in negotiations, but they still are not where they need to be.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

End of this week or early next week still is a ways off, especially considering all but three are signed.

Yep, and the Bills upper management need to look beyond the cost of signing spiller as he is one of the few Bills players that may entice fans like me to buy season or individual tickets. The Bills have little star power and I am waivering on rather I want to spend my money buying tickets when the product is lacking to begin with. I'm on the fence and Spiller not in camp is just one more reason that I am slowly debating if I'll buy seasons. I was very interested in Spiller besides Jairus Byrd, and Fred Jackson..and he may be one of only a handful of players that I am looking forward to watching...Anyways, long story short is get'em in here!!!!!

Yep, and the Bills upper management need to look beyond the cost of signing spiller as he is one of the few Bills players that may entice fans like me to buy season or individual tickets. The Bills have little star power and I am waivering on rather I want to spend my money buying tickets when the product is lacking to begin with.

considering that they have strong sales so far, I'm guessing they aren't concerned about your purchase based off getting spiller signed. Football > Marketing.

I wonder what "a week away" means in terms of something like this. Imminent seems to mean that they both realize that there are no significant issues, and they just need to write it all out and double check everything. Far apart could mean anything. Is there just a really complicated document in production that's going to take days of work, or are they guessing how long the bluffs will last?

Same FO (Mr. Ralph and Brandon with Nix added to supplement demonstrated lack of football production rather than contract expertise) produces the same outcome of nickel and diming over biggest contract til the last minute.

The NFL is a business as well as a sport. Its CJ and his agent's job to make sure he gets the best deal he can. This is not a Dez Bryant situation where a top notch talent fell because of some possible character flaws. CJ was the first RB taken, regarded as the most electrifying playmaker in the draft, and seems to be one of the better people out of the bunch character wise. Pay him like you want him on the team and get him into camp.