The Haynesworth saga continues

The bottom line, I think is that both Hanesworth and Shanny are justified in their actions. Shanny for wanting to inflict punishment for Hanesworth's "me first" attitude, and Hanesworth for not wanting to play a position that he is ill suited for.

That being said, Hanesworth shouldn't have accepted the 21 mil, and Shanny (like one of you just said) needs to realize that he is in a pissing contest that he cant win.

Both need to grow up

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, he just up and quit.

He and his agent had all weekend to think of an excuse, and now he is saying his knee hurts. I'm sure trying to turn it around on the team that they are abusing their star player... next will be a grievance filed with the union.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...tory?id=5429787

what a ego-maniacal pansy. especially in light of Ross Tucker's recent article linked in this thread:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=116403

Shanahan believes him. Why wouldn't you?

In fact, running this test as a 350-pounder is somewhat likely to lead to physical problems.

Not that I like Haynesworth in all this, but Tucker's article says basically that a lot of big guys never actually make it, that most times the second day when the guy is running alone, the coaches use a "slow watch," to pass him even though he wasn't actually successful. Tucker also said that if these huge guys actually lost the weight they'd need to lose to be successful at this test, it would render them unable to be successful at the position they were hired to play.

running 50 yards back and forth 6 times is no joke and to do it again 3 and a half minutes later is brutal. I would love to see most posters on this board try and do that. My guess is less then 5% of this board could pass that test. Hell- try a straight 100 yard sprint. The test is almost pointless for a DT. I think Shanahan is busting Haynesworths balls. So please try and run those 300 yard sprints and let me know how that went

That test is not nearly as brutal as reading some of the posts from you fairies.

running 50 yards back and forth 6 times is no joke and to do it again 3 and a half minutes later is brutal. I would love to see most posters on this board try and do that. My guess is less then 5% of this board could pass that test. Hell- try a straight 100 yard sprint. The test is almost pointless for a DT. I think Shanahan is busting Haynesworths balls. So please try and run those 300 yard sprints and let me know how that went

Did you see Mike Golic complete the test on the video at the original link (although he did get a "slow watch" as he finished the second in 73 seconds.) I could do that in my sleep. However ... I'm not 350 pounds. It's an extremely tough test for these guys. Not so much for normal people in any kind of physical shape.

tis. Try sprinting all out for 100 yards. When is the last time you tried that?

Again, go to the link in the OP, watch the news story about Haynesworth and keep watching. Golic comes close to passing and he isn't even vaguely slightly close to an all-out sprint. More like a slow jog.

The bottom line, I think is that both Hanesworth and Shanny are justified in their actions. Shanny for wanting to inflict punishment for Hanesworth's "me first" attitude, and Hanesworth for not wanting to play a position that he is ill suited for.

That being said, Hanesworth shouldn't have accepted the 21 mil, and Shanny (like one of you just said) needs to realize that he is in a pissing contest that he cant win.

Both need to grow up

Right on.

Why does this suprise anyone? I called 'injury' after he failed the first one.

Look here it is again....he isn't an NT and doesn't want to play NT and Idon't blame him. He is one of the best DT's to play the game in years and that is what he is. He is a gap penetrating, disruptive DT that they want to sit in the middle and just hold up the Center. Bull ****.

It would be like asking a 6'4 225lb WR with 4.4 speed to come to a new team, then a year later tell him he has to gain 20lbs and play TE when this guy has been a several time WR and one of the best currently in the game. sorry NO!

He was paid 100 mill to play DT, not NT, DT and there is a HUGE difference between the two positions. Washington apperantly had plans to make the switch to a 3-4 before signing him and I guess just thought he would go along with it.

Now some say 'well he is getting paid 100mill play where the coach wants you to play' I again say bull ****. He is a DT, has always been one and that is what you signed him to do. Now if you decide to make a change then ship the guy outta there and get you an NT.

the only thing he did wrong imho is take the 21 mill bonus in April. He should have said no and then flat told them he isn't reporting ever again and he would have been traded by now.

As for as this bull **** conditioning test is concerned, he is going to intentionally fail it EVERY time. Why? Two reasons. First is a !@#$ you to Shanahan, second is he doesn't have to practice and still gets paid as long as he cant pass it. Now you have him saying he is having knee issues. Wanna bet he says the conditioning test is what caused it?

Look washington isn't going to win this. All he has to do is drag ass for the rest of this season and they can't get back that 21 million bonus they paid him and he can then retire to force their hand in a trade when they eat the escilated portion of that 100 mill contract.

Moral of the story? Dont EVER pay that much money to any player.

nailed it

Why does this suprise anyone? I called 'injury' after he failed the first one.

Look here it is again....he isn't an NT and doesn't want to play NT and Idon't blame him. He is one of the best DT's to play the game in years and that is what he is. He is a gap penetrating, disruptive DT that they want to sit in the middle and just hold up the Center. Bull ****.

It would be like asking a 6'4 225lb WR with 4.4 speed to come to a new team, then a year later tell him he has to gain 20lbs and play TE when this guy has been a several time WR and one of the best currently in the game. sorry NO!

He was paid 100 mill to play DT, not NT, DT and there is a HUGE difference between the two positions. Washington apperantly had plans to make the switch to a 3-4 before signing him and I guess just thought he would go along with it.

Now some say 'well he is getting paid 100mill play where the coach wants you to play' I again say bull ****. He is a DT, has always been one and that is what you signed him to do. Now if you decide to make a change then ship the guy outta there and get you an NT.

the only thing he did wrong imho is take the 21 mill bonus in April. He should have said no and then flat told them he isn't reporting ever again and he would have been traded by now.

As for as this bull **** conditioning test is concerned, he is going to intentionally fail it EVERY time. Why? Two reasons. First is a !@#$ you to Shanahan, second is he doesn't have to practice and still gets paid as long as he cant pass it. Now you have him saying he is having knee issues. Wanna bet he says the conditioning test is what caused it?

Look washington isn't going to win this. All he has to do is drag ass for the rest of this season and they can't get back that 21 million bonus they paid him and he can then retire to force their hand in a trade when they eat the escilated portion of that 100 mill contract.

Moral of the story? Dont EVER pay that much money to any player.

within taking that money he made a choice to play NT. The rumors in April when the payment was made are that he was given an opportunity to leave the team or collect the money AFTER he was informed of the switch and he stayed. he also will play a rotation of NT and DE. if you tell the wide receiver that he can walk or take the money and do some blocking too, and they stay i think its totally fair to put them on the line some plays.

i do agree its the redskins fault for the contract and seems to be karma for the likely tampering they did to get him out of tenessee.

within taking that money he made a choice to play NT. The rumors in April when the payment was made are that he was given an opportunity to leave the team or collect the money AFTER he was informed of the switch and he stayed. he also will play a rotation of NT and DE. if you tell the wide receiver that he can walk or take the money and do some blocking too, and they stay i think its totally fair to put them on the line some plays.

i do agree its the redskins fault for the contract and seems to be karma for the likely tampering they did to get him out of tenessee.

LMAO I forgot the tampering that everyone knows happened but Snider got away with like normal. I love seeing the foreskins get it stuck to them. Only Dallas deserves it more.

tis. Try sprinting all out for 100 yards. When is the last time you tried that?

This fitness test would not be difficult for me at all, and all I do is walk my dog. I just dont think this test is hard for anyone who has been putting the work in of any size. I have seen 330 lb guys do this easily. At one time, I may have been able to do it on one leg.

I got a test for you all: when I was preparing for the basketball season, I would run 16 100 yd sprints. Sprint the 100 yds and your rest period is the walk back to the starting position. Needless to say, around the 12th sprint, that walk back would take oh so long :lol: