Don't piss off Weiner.

I actually worked 2 blocks from the WTC at the time so I'm very familiar with the clean up process. And where is the mention that most of those guys were likely already covered by some free union medical plan that we are all paying for in the first place? Certainly all the cops and firemen were.

Maybe I'm jaded by all the stories in the NY papers about 40 year old firemen on full disability retirement who now run marathons and the like. Sorry, but this is another multi billion dollar boondoggle.

It is funny how the locals have a different perspective on things like this & the Muslim center, than the general talking babble.

Having been around the hole for a while, I can say with a high degree of confidence that the only people who likely have serious health side effects are the ones who were on site during the collapse and the ones who were there 1-2 days afterward. Those are the people who should be taken care of. There's no way there were 50,000 of those affected individuals.

It is funny how the locals have a different perspective on things like this & the Muslim center, than the general talking babble.

You mean the 'hallowed ground' that was the Burlington Coat Factory on Park Place? That block was such a center of activity pre-9/11. :doh:

Having been around the hole for a while, I can say with a high degree of confidence that the only people who likely have serious health side effects are the ones who were on site during the collapse and the ones who were there 1-2 days afterward. Those are the people who should be taken care of. There's no way there were 50,000 of those affected individuals.

If they are going to claim anyone near the clean up was affected, than they better up the estimate by at least 10X. Most companies had moved back into our building before the end of October (we waited until mid December).

Hey GG, maybe we qualify for free health benefits for life!

You mean the 'hallowed ground' that was the Burlington Coat Factory on Park Place? That block was such a center of activity pre-9/11. :doh:

You mean the building that's been boarded up for 5 yrs before 9/11? Certainly looked like a historic site with unparalleled architectural lineage to me.

If they are going to claim anyone near the clean up was affected, than they better up the estimate by at least 10X. Most companies had moved back into our building before the end of October (we waited until mid December).

Hey GG, maybe we qualify for free health benefits for life!

We were back by Sept 20 (three blocks away). Had to wear a mask the first two days at work. Where do I sign up?

You mean the building that's been boarded up for 5 yrs before 9/11? Certainly looked like a historic site with unparalleled architectural lineage to me.

That's not why it's historical. It's historical because it was in the WTC debris field.

(That was the actual argument presented, yes. :doh:)

That's not why it's historical. It's historical because it was in the WTC debris field.

(That was the actual argument presented, yes. :doh:)

... as were about a dozen buildings in the perimeter area that have since been demolished to make way for condos & hotels ...

(That was the actual argument presented, yes. :doh: )

The debris field?!?!? There was friggin debris in New Jersey!

My office was 15 stories up and faced the opposite direction and was covered in dust because I left the window open about 3" that morning. The government probably should have paid to test it for DNA.

That thing will never be built. The theory that OC floated is starting to gain traction for real. Theres real buzz that construction hacks wont lift a finger and may even get organized to refuse to do the work. And HEAVEN forbid the Cordoba people try to bring in non-Union people, there will be an all out war. Unions like Local 3 (electricians) and the the Steamfitters who all have "never forget" blazed on their hard hats more of less RUN downtown NYC and go nuts when a non-union guy even LOOKS at a job site. You tie a 9/11 angle into that?

Forget it.

That thing will never be built. The theory that OC floated is starting to gain traction for real. Theres real buzz that construction hacks wont lift a finger and may even get organized to refuse to do the work. And HEAVEN forbid the Cordoba people try to bring in non-Union people, there will be an all out war. Unions like Local 3 (electricians) and the the Steamfitters who all have "never forget" blazed on their hard hats more of less RUN downtown NYC and go nuts when a non-union guy even LOOKS at a job site. You tie a 9/11 angle into that?

Forget it.

Oh goody, can't wait to see the multi story rats popping up again in the neighborhood.

The debris field?!?!? There was friggin debris in New Jersey!

Retarded, i'n't it? :doh: I want my old apartment declared a historical landmark, since I and many other people watched a plane hit the Pentagon from there.

My office was 15 stories up and faced the opposite direction and was covered in dust because I left the window open about 3" that morning. The government probably should have paid to test it for DNA.

Congratulations on working in a historical landmark.

Anthony Weiner Erupts at Republicans for Rejecting 9/11 Responders Health Bill

Most House Republicans on Thursday voted against a bill to provide $7.4 billion in aid to 9/11 first responders who became sick after the attacks. They complained that Democrats opted to bypass voting on amendments, opting instead for a process that sped up the vote but required a two-thirds majority.

Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner blew a fuse on the House floor when he heard his GOP colleagues complaining about procedure yesterday. In a dramatic one-and-a-half minute speech, Weiner hollered that Republicans were being cowardly by opposing the bill based on procedure.

I love the people who voted against the bill. :D

I love the people who voted against the bill. :D

....says one of the 'tards who no doubt threw a hissy fit every time Bush and Republicans used 9-11 as a cover for some thinly disguised payoff to their political buddies.

Oh goody, can't wait to see the multi story rats popping up again in the neighborhood.

I once told a Teamster meathead who was interruping a community board meeting with his pro-union bullshyt to "Go blow up a rat somewhere."

He was not amused.

Normally I dont walk in step with those clowns. This time, I do.

• 1 month later...