[closed]Wood Says "Give them some money back!"

drewfla

Per PFT:

Teammate tells Aaron Maybin to earn his money

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 30, 2010 2:53 PM ET

Bills 2009 first-round pick Aaron Maybin held out of training camp last year and never made much of an impact as a rookie. Now playing outside linebacker in Buffalo's new 3-4 scheme, Maybin opened camp as a backup behind journeyman Reggie Torbor.

His first noteworthy moment in camp, according to ESPN's Tim Graham, came when he shoved running back Fred Jackson to the ground from behind at the end of a play, with Jackson yelling, "Come on man" as he fell.

Maybin and an offensive lineman did the usual camp grappling, and got back to work. But Bills guard Eric Wood, a fellow 2009 first-rounder, remained unhappy a few snaps later.

"Give back some of that money you ain't [expletive] earned!" Wood screamed at Maybin.

It's not a huge story, and Wood's defense of his running back is to be expected. But Wood's words serve as a good reminder.

Maybin really does need to start earning his money soon.

Per PFT:

Teammate tells Aaron Maybin to earn his money

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 30, 2010 2:53 PM ET

Bills 2009 first-round pick Aaron Maybin held out of training camp last year and never made much of an impact as a rookie. Now playing outside linebacker in Buffalo's new 3-4 scheme, Maybin opened camp as a backup behind journeyman Reggie Torbor.

His first noteworthy moment in camp, according to ESPN's Tim Graham, came when he shoved running back Fred Jackson to the ground from behind at the end of a play, with Jackson yelling, "Come on man" as he fell.

Maybin and an offensive lineman did the usual camp grappling, and got back to work. But Bills guard Eric Wood, a fellow 2009 first-rounder, remained unhappy a few snaps later.

"Give back some of that money you ain't [expletive] earned!" Wood screamed at Maybin.

It's not a huge story, and Wood's defense of his running back is to be expected. But Wood's words serve as a good reminder.

Maybin really does need to start earning his money soon.

8th times a charm. . . :)

This is the first I have heard of this incident.

Why did we sign maybin? It must have been clear he was a boy among men when we brought him in for practice before we signed him.

i have a "source" who says his sources told him that everyone hates maybin. this quote must mean it's true. :)

Yea, because this is really the story you want making headlines with your team during TC. Really positive stuff. Jesus.

In addition: I know trash talking happens. I know the getting pissed off at each other happens. But, leaders don't say that. And the leaders of the locker room will let him know. This is great for fans to laugh at and obviously makes E. Wood a favorite with Buffalo fans who appreciate humility, toughness and the exact opposite of asking for money. But, I'm not sure where I see the benefit of this.

And btw, Eric Wood isn't like Robin Hood or something. Dude is making some good money. And sure, he has been more productive than Maybin. But, lets see him in the playoffs or in the Pro Bowl before he starts running his mouth about performance. He's had his own share of bad games, despite Buffalo fans not wanting to acknowledge it.

Unless your J. Byrd or F. Jackson, IMO, don't talk about performance.

Oh so you are the expert on how leaders act? Leaders aren't afraid to stand up to tough issues. Any whimp can just roll his eyes and say "man I'm setting the example by saying nothing at all".

Hey I'd follow a quite leader in to battle who never says anything about anything. Oh wait that was the Juraon leadership style.

And btw, Eric Wood isn't like Robin Hood or something. Dude is making some good money. And sure, he has been more productive than Maybin. But, lets see him in the playoffs or in the Pro Bowl before he starts running his mouth about performance. He's had his own share of bad games, despite Buffalo fans not wanting to acknowledge it.

Who should be talking, then? By this theory, nobody.

Someone's gotta speak up and take charge. To me, one player getting in another's face is more effective than a coach doing it.

Who should be talking, then? By this theory, nobody.

Someone's gotta speak up and take charge. To me, one player getting in another's face is more effective than a coach doing it.

marshawn made the probowl

and schobel

theres always moorman i suppose.... sigh....

:)

Methinks Eric Wood is now the undisputed fan favorite. Love it.

Not to mention that he's dead-straight-on with that comment. Maybin should be a badass during an actual game for a change. He had exactly 9 tackles, 7 assists and ZERO sacks in 2009.

Oh so you are the expert on how leaders act? Leaders aren't afraid to stand up to tough issues. Any whimp can just roll his eyes and say "man I'm setting the example by saying nothing at all".

Hey I'd follow a quite leader in to battle who never says anything about anything. Oh wait that was the Juraon leadership style.

Agree 100%. Leaders aren't afraid to say what everyone else is thinking. It's a way to try and motivate Maybin, good for him...

Don't disagree with your sense of leadership - I'll speak up for that

Can't stand that you need to turn it into a personal attack on another TBD member -- guess you'd want me to speak up about that, too!

Yea, because this is really the story you want making headlines with your team during TC. Really positive stuff. Jesus.

In addition: I know trash talking happens. I know the getting pissed off at each other happens. But, leaders don't say that. And the leaders of the locker room will let him know. This is great for fans to laugh at and obviously makes E. Wood a favorite with Buffalo fans who appreciate humility, toughness and the exact opposite of asking for money. But, I'm not sure where I see the benefit of this.

his leg broke in half on the job and he rushed back to help the team, thats true leadership. he can say whatever he wants, he is a true leader.

bull ****. Compare Wood vs. Maybin and tell me who is better. Wood speaks the truth, and there's something to be said for that. Maybin is a useless POS at this point, and Wood started 8 games and played pretty well.

Maybin? He made a tackle once, right? Wood has every right to question the performance of Maybin, especially after the moron cheapshots one of our best players.

I am sure that some players were irked by his lack of contributions last year and the paycheck he pulled. I don't often agree with Mike Schopp, who said "things that you really think about but would be hesistant to say tend to come out in the heat of the moment." I bet a lot of Bills were tired of his act considering he made zero impact, but acted as if he had (ex. Mayhem shaved into the side of his dome). He best remember that this regime has few ties to Maybin and he could become trade bait or bolted to the bench very easily.

i have a "source" who says his sources told him that everyone hates maybin. this quote must mean it's true. :)