Steve Johnson Lining Up Opposite Evans

H2o

Why not Johnson? He's our most experienced WR after Evans right now.

PTR

No reason at all PTR. I thought he played well at Kentucky and hope he does develope, but some people took their opinions of him to an extreme. Like he was a perenial All-Pro already. It sounded a little over zealous to me. :beer:

Guest dog14787
Why not Johnson? He's our most experienced WR after Evans right now.

PTR

Folks forget about Roscoe Parish,

cuz the little rascal's so small I suppose :beer:

No reason at all PTR. I thought he played well at Kentucky and hope he does develope, but some people took their opinions of him to an extreme. Like he was a perenial All-Pro already. It sounded a little over zealous to me. :flirt:

On these boards, any given opinion is sure to be taken to an extreme by someone!

In past years, Steve Johnson has played well in the preseason and in practice. I'd like to see him get the chance to show what he can do in regular season NFL games.

The same coaching staff which kept Johnson on the bench was also responsible for keeping Fred Jackson off the field in favor of an aging and inept Anthony Thomas. So there isn't necessarily merit to the argument that Johnson would have seen the field had he deserved to do so.

I wonder where/how James Hardy will fit into this offense. What a waste it would be if he were cut before the regular season.

Minus Desean Jackson and Eddie Royal, the WR's from that draft haven't been much. Look at the highly touted Malcom Kelly and Devin Thomas selected by the Redskins in the 2nd as well. There is talk of Kelly being cut and Thomas can't stay healthy, quit partying like a rockstar, or put it together on the field.

Minus Desean Jackson and Eddie Royal, the WR's from that draft haven't been much. Look at the highly touted Malcom Kelly and Devin Thomas selected by the Redskins in the 2nd as well. There is talk of Kelly being cut and Thomas can't stay healthy, quit partying like a rockstar, or put it together on the field.

I actually think Thomas will have a break out year this year...keep an eye on him as a late round pick or wavier wire pick up in your fantasy leagues...

Bazinga...ya' got me there, pardner. More because he rarely got to play WR the last few years.

PTR

A small size and lack of opportunity are not reasons he is not considered a legitimate WR. He has had a tough time gaining separation/getting open and also hasn't shown an ability to fight for the ball. If he starts performing as a WR, it will be for the first time in his career.

Well, yeah, but the third year is typically the one where young WRs break out. I expect at least one or two or three to grow up and start producing this year. Could be wrong, obviously, but if things go as normal, this is what to expect.

I think Stevie is an interesting choice. You couldn't really call it a surprise, but it's interesting. Maybe it will give Hardy a kick in the butt too. That's a crucial area this year, like I'm telling any of you something you don't know, and one of these guys had better take a major step up. Include Easley in that, too, though he's probably going to require another year or two in the oven before he's ready.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast

I know all the Steve Johnson lovers are ready to break out the "I told you so" routine, but it is just the beginning of camp. If he lines up there for week one, good for him. :flirt:

An I told you so related to SJ is not going to be appropriate until he presents some tangible evidence that he has reversed the statistical regression he suffered from his rookie year as he took in fewer receptions has less yardage and forced his way to more PT his second year than in his rookie year.

I think it was pretty expected he would be the #2 WR if only because the alternatives (Hardy, Parrish, Easley) were even more unlikely candidates to be real #2s than the regressed Johnson.

I for one am excited for him, I think SJ's times has come. I agree that DJ couldn't see talent when he had it and the offence as a whole regressed last year. Look at J. Grier, Fred Jackson.. I am sure there are more.....Sitting behind ppl until they got hurt was the only way the good players used to advance in the past.