Woman run over, killed by police cruiser

thebug

It's similar to a story here in SF. A cabbie was taking a couple to the city from the airport to their hotel. He smelled something buring while he was on the freeway bud didn't pull over. On the exit ramp his brakes failed and he hit a bridge abutment and the car burst into flames. The couple were trapped in the back and died. I see it every day (the charred abutment with flowers placed there) seeing it's the exit I take coming home from work. Very sad for all involved seeing the cabbie is screwed because he didn't pull over when he first smelled the smoke.

Nah, he's a dumbass cop, probably meant to run her over. :flirt:

Reporter said he worked that area a lot and was known for handing out citations for open booze. I hope he wasn't cutting accross the grass just to give someone a ticket. :)

Why was he off the road in a cruiser...?? Cars belong on the road. Anybody else would have gotten a ticket doing what he did. Just becasue he is a cop doesn't give him the right to break the law. Shouldn't that (what he did) be what police bicycles are used for?

"...I don't think most citizens would make this mistake..."

Totally right... Citizens usually don't break the law by driving off the designated road.

He was probably trying to sneak up and surprise the people that he thought had open containers... Again... That is what a bike rack on the back of the cruiser is for.

Yeah, out for a nice relaxing afternoon at the park. :flirt:

The more I think about it, the more it infuriates me. Some of you guys may be familiar with Mendon Ponds Park in the Rochester burbs. I grew up literally right across the street from it, and one of my favorite things to do in the summer was head over with some friends and throw around the football, or take my girl over there and chill out on some blankets under the sun. The MINUTE a car left the road, it would be a certainty that you'd hit/run over someone....I just can't believe a cop would be so stupid as to drive up on the grass. Then to think that she appeared 'OK' after being run over, only to crash and not survive the trip to the hospital? That is really sad.

Yeah, out for a nice relaxing afternoon at the park. :flirt:

I guess the cop just ran over her legs... She sat up briefly and was talking and then dies later... Man what a way to go... The cop has to feel bad over that boneheaded judgement call! That is why roads are for cars and grassy parks are for people.

The more I think about it, the more it infuriates me. Some of you guys may be familiar with Mendon Ponds Park in the Rochester burbs. I grew up literally right across the street from it, and one of my favorite things to do in the summer was head over with some friends and throw around the football, or take my girl over there and chill out on some blankets under the sun. The MINUTE a car left the road, it would be a certainty that you'd hit/run over someone....I just can't believe a cop would be so stupid as to drive up on the grass. Then to think that she appeared 'OK' after being run over, only to crash and not survive the trip to the hospital? That is really sad.

I totally agree... Wow, this has negligent law suit all over it. What do you think done her in on the ride to the hospital? A blod clot travelling up from the legs/point of injury?... It didn't sound like there was too much "open" wounds...

This is even dumber than the taser/gun move in Oakland. :flirt:

I totally agree... Wow, this has negligent law suit all over it. What do you think done her in on the ride to the hospital? A blod clot travelling up from the legs/point of injury?... It didn't sound like there was too much "open" wounds...

This is even dumber than the taser/gun move in Oakland. :censored:

Yep, could have easily been something like a fat embolism, which can happen with any break or crushing injury of a bone...could be a variety of things though, I suppose :lol:

Geesh....just unreal. I'm not saying this applies to this particular cop, but I know down here in the south there tend to be these "hot shot" police people who think their stojan doesn't stink. I appreciate the fact that they have a high risk job that doesn't make them rich, but that's just no excuse for haphazzardly placing peoples' lives at risk by being a pompous idiot.

I have a feeling he may have driven the car to the area he was heading to (instead of walking) for protection. What if the person he was driving to had some kind of weapon? He would most likely taken the cop out. He still should not have driven over the blanket though. Looks like there was plenty of room on the other side of the trees. Still a sad story though.