Trent will be a good QB again

nodnarb

First off, I know, I know...nothing is carved in stone, it's just a pecking order because one has to exist.

But our QB is going to be Trent. Recall how he played when he first started playing for us. Remember how impressive he was. Recall how his teammates were rallying around him, with some saying that he will be in the same discussion with some of the best in the game today. Then he got his noggin bashed in, teams picked the lock of our offense, and our offensive coaches were never able to readjust and catch anybody by surprise anymore.

Last year everyone had had enough of Trent because our offense was just horrid - no matter who pulled the trigger. Trent's regression was due to a colossal failure of COACHING and preparation. Nobody would have fared well with the young, inexperienced line in front of him and a first-time coordinator running a simple bastardization of his own version of Turk's offense, which was his modified version of Fairchild's version of Martz' offense.

Last year was an absolute joke offensively. A desperate HC cuts his LT and OC a week before the games begin and gives the responsibility to a first-year QB coach? And then DOES NOT HIRE A QB COACH to keep an eye on Trent's mechanics. Unbelievable. The only team in the NFL with no QB coach. Read between the lines with the comments Trent made this year comparing last year to this year. It was a horrid operation and no player had a realistic chance to be productive.

We finally have an offensive HC, and a wise one with lots of experience. We might not be a playoff team but we're going to be fun to watch again because we're going to participate in high scoring games and not those 6-3 snoozefests that were a constant exercise in futility.

Trent is going to shine - he'll have his best year this year. Actually, I think any one of these guys would have their best year under Gailey. But Trent will earn back the respect people gave him in his early days.

Besides, when it comes to release, nobody on the roster comes close to Trent. He has an exceptional release and a much better deep arm than he's given credit for.

Betcha

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, I know, I know...nothing is carved in stone, it's just a pecking order because one has to exist.

But our QB is going to be Trent. Recall how he played when he first started playing for us. Remember how impressive he was. Recall how his teammates were rallying around him, with some saying that he will be in the same discussion with some of the best in the game today. Then he got his noggin bashed in, teams picked the lock of our offense, and our offensive coaches were never able to readjust and catch anybody by surprise anymore.

Last year everyone had had enough of Trent because our offense was just horrid - no matter who pulled the trigger. Trent's regression was due to a colossal failure of COACHING and preparation. Nobody would have fared well with the young, inexperienced line in front of him and a first-time coordinator running a simple bastardization of his own version of Turk's offense, which was his modified version of Fairchild's version of Martz' offense.

Last year was an absolute joke offensively. A desperate HC cuts his LT and OC a week before the games begin and gives the responsibility to a first-year QB coach? And then DOES NOT HIRE A QB COACH to keep an eye on Trent's mechanics. Unbelievable. The only team in the NFL with no QB coach. Read between the lines with the comments Trent made this year comparing last year to this year. It was a horrid operation and no player had a realistic chance to be productive.

We finally have an offensive HC, and a wise one with lots of experience. We might not be a playoff team but we're going to be fun to watch again because we're going to participate in high scoring games and not those 6-3 snoozefests that were a constant exercise in futility.

Trent is going to shine - he'll have his best year this year. Actually, I think any one of these guys would have their best year under Gailey. But Trent will earn back the respect people gave him in his early days.

Besides, when it comes to release, nobody on the roster comes close to Trent. He has an exceptional release and a much better deep arm than he's given credit for.

Betcha

:beer: I hope your right nodnarb, I hope your right....

Betcha

that's funny. i just put him on my "he sucks" list.

the first time he came in and showed confidence, shined, had teamates rally, WE LOST! (his first monday night game)

ps. i think trent will look great. make great throws in camp and maybe even preseason. BUT WHEN THE REAL FUN BEGINS, he will shake in his boots. like he always does. dont believe it. he is a scary ass player.

Betcha

:beer: I like what you wrote ... I remember my Jets' fan friends, and Dolphin fan friends, and Eagles' fan friends all saying how impressed they were with Trent ... Jauron messed up a lot of things with his 'play not to lose' philosophy and I am sure he messed with Trent's head after the Arizona game.

I still hope that Brohm has an upside but right now I want to see the Trent we saw first time around with a coach who wants to win big and aggressively ... good things are around the corner ... GO BILLS!!! :D

its definately possible and i hope it happens, but this has to be his last chance. if he fails again, its time for someone else to lead this team. id like to see what brohm could do and i dont have that much of a problem with fitzpatrick. almost wish we would have kept losman. believe it or not hes been the best since flutie.

Betcha

Nice post. Its hard to argue any point you made here. I really hope youre right, and Trent steps up in a big way.

But, I just dont think he will. I think he just doesnt have the proverbial "IT" from what ive seen. Hes not gutsy, or a gunslinger, or a vocal leader (at least doesnt seem it) and these things are hard to teach. I really hope he does, but my gut tells me we will be drafting a QB in round 1 come April. :beer:

Nice post. Its hard to argue any point you made here. I really hope youre right, and Trent steps up in a big way.

But, I just dont think he will. I think he just doesnt have the proverbial "IT" from what ive seen. Hes not gutsy, or a gunslinger, or a vocal leader (at least doesnt seem it) and these things are hard to teach. I really hope he does, but my gut tells me we will be drafting a QB in round 1 come April. :beer:

O.A.R on Saturday....Hoping for Mr. Brown

Betcha

Hope you're right, think you're wrong.

But hey, this is the NFL, I suppose anything can happen. Captain Checkdown could certainly turn out to be the next coming of Joe Montana. Why not, right?

Betcha

People seem to lose sight of the fact that Trent was rated in the top 5 QB's after the first 5 games in 2008. Then all hell broke loose and as you mentioned, last season was a bad SyFy pilot. This will be Trent's chance to live up to the potential that he showed. He doesn't have the best of scenarios to work with considering the WR and OL questions, but I'm hopeful that Gailey will be able to get more out of him and the team than Jauron did.

I certainly want to see Trent do well.

Betcha

darthice will **** on our parade in 3.....2.....1....

Betcha

Like somone else said, it's hard to argue with a lot of your facts; But I'll give you another fact-- TRENT HAS A GLASS JAW. Face it, even if he can regain his early '08 season luster, he's always a hit away from going down. Shite, if he gets his brain scrambled again, he might be done in the NFL. And then where does that leave us. . . WITHOUT A QB!

It's gotta be Brohm with Trent as a backup.