Haynesworth fails conditioning test

Two 300 yard "shuttle" runs? In July with near record heat. A 300 lb.+ man.

I'm surprised his aorta didn't explode out of his chest.

Please, even at 300 LBs, this should be a walk in the park for a supposedly highly conditioned athelete.

Yes, I would be sweating heavily, but there is no doubt that I could do this, I don't think that there is a

time limit or anything.

Please, even at 300 LBs, this should be a walk in the park for a supposedly highly conditioned athelete.

Yes, I would be sweating heavily, but there is no doubt that I could do this, I don't think that there is a

time limit or anything.

According to the cited post, if you read it:

..."Then, after completing the first 300-yard run and following a five-minute rest period, the athlete must do it again."...

time limit or anything.

Highly conditioned, multi-millionaire athlete.

We don't know the test parameters however. I think it must have been timed.

Apparently it was two parts…he passed the first part with flying colors.

During the second part he had to take a bathroom break.

When he returned he either couldn't finish in time or couldn't finish, period.

I agree with LynchMob's take that Shanahan may have done this to humble Haynesworth, but this had been speculated on in the last few days and Haynesworth should have been ready for this.

He may go on to have a great season but still, shame on him.

And to think of how many people on this board wanted us to make a play for him in free agency.

And to think of how many people on this board wanted us to make a play for him in free agency.

..and every other player that is a free agent...or just int he NFL...sometimes, not even a Football player. People want everyone who isn't already on the team.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. Is every lineman required to run this test?

I do not think it is unreasonable to expect an athlete to be able to do six fifty yard sprints, wait five minutes, and repeat it. Nobody said he had to look like Carl Lewis. He just had to complete them.

And yet this hunk of suet is paid like the best player at his position.

Not to defend this fat tub of goo, but running two consecutive 300 yard circuits has about zero to do with playing his position. It doesn't even approximate the kind of conditioning he needs for that position, as far as I can tell.

He couldn't finish because his candy melted in his pocket. What did he already get from Washington? $32 million or something insane like that? I wouldn't show up in any sort of shape either. Football is hard and it's really hot out there. Already paid, don't want to play in that defense so sit around and eat for a few months. Show up at 500 lbs. and way out of shape. A professional athlete can't do two, untimed 300 yard runs? That's really sad. Redskins deserve whatever they get from this guy.

Not to defend this fat tub of goo, but running two consecutive 300 yard circuits has about zero to do with playing his position. It doesn't even approximate the kind of conditioning he needs for that position, as far as I can tell.

That was our conditioning test. If you spent a summer slacking, it was the ultimate tell. You just can't fake that test. It can be brutal.

And since Haynesworth stepped on the guy's head, I have zero respect for him. I wish him the worst and I'm glad Washington is getting screwed by a guy who only showed up in his contract year.

That was our conditioning test. If you spent a summer slacking, it was the ultimate tell. You just can't fake that test. It can be brutal.

And since Haynesworth stepped on the guy's head, I have zero respect for him. I wish him the worst and I'm glad Washington is getting screwed by a guy who only showed up in his contract year.

I played football, too. I know what the drill is. I also know this means very little in the big picture and has nothing to do with playing on the interior defensive line.

EDIT: Do you think Ted Washington was asked to run this drill on day one of TC? Do you really think he finished it?

I don't like this guy much either, and it will be great if he remains out of condition and doesn't deliver on his contract. My point is, this means squat.

I played football, too. I know what the drill is. I also know this means very little in the big picture and has nothing to do with playing on the interior defensive line.

EDIT: Do you think Ted Washington was asked to run this drill on day one of TC? Do you really think he finished it?

I don't like this guy much either, and it will be great if he remains out of condition and doesn't deliver on his contract. My point is, this means squat.

Agree overall. I just dislike the guy. And I know he is a DT, but as a fan, it won't bother you a bit that the highest paid defensive player ever couldn't at least show up in decent shape?

I read that he had to run two shuttle drills with a 7 minute break in between. He finished the first with alot of room to spare. He then went to the bathroom. When he came back he was told he took to much time and had to start all over. He failed on the 3rd shuttle run.

I read that he had to run two shuttle drills with a 7 minute break in between. He finished the first with alot of room to spare. He then went to the bathroom. When he came back he was told he took to much time and had to start all over. He failed on the 3rd shuttle run.

Yeah, it normally a 5 min break and there are much different times for linemen than skill palyers.

the article on PFT did not make much sense

6 25 yard sprints= 150 YDS... then a 5 minute break, then do it again... no mention of time limit to complete the sprints

Bottom line: if you cannot run 300 yds, then rest for 5 minutes, then do it again, you are not a conditioned athlete. Most regular weekend warrior types could do that for crying out loud.

300 yds is a bunch, but it is not really that far when it comes to running.