Here is a hint Trent is the starter

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although we will know the answer in minutes ... I think that Nelson showed his sense of humor and his intelligence because it is the Louisville Cardinals but Stanford is known as the Cardinals even if that is not their official name.

So, with that clue it would be either Brohm or Edwards ... looks like Fitzy didn't do what he needed to do to impress the Coach so far ...

Actually Stanford is Cardinal (as in color not bird) Louisville is in fact Cardinals (the Bird) and oh bye the way The Harvard color is Scarlet which is Cardinal"ish" in color ...... the only clever Tweet I have ever seen

Actually Stanford is Cardinal (as in color not bird) Louisville is in fact Cardinals (the Bird) and oh bye the way The Harvard color is Scarlet which is Cardinal"ish" in color ...... the only clever Tweet I have ever seen

"Cardinal" is not a bird or a color, it is a tree. Look at the Stanford logo.

Wow, I don;t know how true this is, but I just saw someone post on the Buffalo News site that ESPN said Fitz took the 2nd team snaps.

If Brohm couldn't get ahead of Fitz on the depth chart, even with the extra work he got early in OTA's, this says alot about what the coaches think of him.

I had high hopes for him (but then again being a Bills' fan is all about high hopes)

Trent is taking the snaps with the first string.

And, suddenly, the idea that we really are the 31st team in the NFL, which I disputed in a post only days ago, seems very real.

Losing all confidence in this staff rather quickly...

I guess I'm a bit shocked that people still believe that the outcome of this little contest really matters. These guys are tackling dummies until we finish building a real o-line or find a QB that can execute under heavy pressure.

Per ESPN

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...camp-as-no-1-qb

""Trent Edwards took the first snaps of camp behind a starting line of left tackle Demetrius Bell, left guard Andy Levitre, center Geoff Hangartner, right guard Eric Wood and right tackle Cornell Green. Fred Jackson was the running back.

About 10 minutes into the workout at St. John Fisher College, Ryan Fitzpatrick quarterbacked the second unit, leaving Brian Brohm with the third string. ""

commence bitching....

And, suddenly, the idea that we really are the 31st team in the NFL, which I disputed in a post only days ago, seems very real.

Until the league expands or Detroit and/or Oakland fold, the Bills can't be any worse than 30th.

UNBELIEVABLE ... based on first day snaps you lose all confidence and since when are the Bills the 31st team in the league? We haven't been that in years!

The addition of a winning attitude and real coaching can take last year's team to another victory or two ... I just don't get these WGR addicts who want to wallow in the negative ... Schoop and the Bull Dog must run for cover every time the sun shines because they are the most pessimistic talk show hosts I have ever heard ... no wonders that they spend more of their time talking about making up silly lists rather than in talking sports ... because they just don't get it.

So, let's see what this team brings to the field this preseason before we lose any confidence. :beer:

Per ESPN

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...camp-as-no-1-qb

""Trent Edwards took the first snaps of camp behind a starting line of left tackle Demetrius Bell, left guard Andy Levitre, center Geoff Hangartner, right guard Eric Wood and right tackle Cornell Green. Fred Jackson was the running back.

About 10 minutes into the workout at St. John Fisher College, Ryan Fitzpatrick quarterbacked the second unit, leaving Brian Brohm with the third string. ""

commence bitching....

B word, B word, B word, etc. Seriously, I do not expect this to hold up throughout camp and pre-season. May make the most sense for now.