Are You Pulling For T.O. ???

I don't know about you other Bills fans but after what T.O. had to put up with last year while working for our beloved Bills i'm pulling for the guy to have another typical T.O. year . He did everything he needed to do for us last year , he maintained his composure and brought some excitement to our team (it's just to bad his supporting staff didn't get the memo)

On all the sports networks there raking the guy over the coals saying he's to old - he's lost it & such, sure he drops some balls but i think he's matured and has come to realize it takes a team not just one person .

So what do you all think ?? Are you for him or against him in Cinci ??

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has nothing to do with his status as a Bill last year. I think it's going to be a lot of fun to watch the Cinci offense in 2010. A lot more fun than watching Owens as a Bill, as a Cowboy, as an Eagle, whatever. The Bengals on O are going to be fun to watch. That's cool (and it doesn't really detract from the reBillding Bills, either.)

Absolutely. I hope he plays great. It will be a lot of fun to watch him at cincy. I have always been an Owens fan. Before he saw the light and kept his mouth shut in buffalo, I thought all the controversial things he said were true.

This has nothing to do with his status as a Bill last year. I think it's going to be a lot of fun to watch the Cinci offense in 2010. A lot more fun than watching Owens as a Bill, as a Cowboy, as an Eagle, whatever. The Bengals on O are going to be fun to watch. That's cool (and it doesn't really detract from the reBillding Bills, either.)

More fun than last year?

Anyway. It's more than a bit ironic that the only fans that miss TO are from the team where he did the least for that team. I doubt the fans in SF, Philly and Dallas wax nostalgic about him.

After having spent 21 years in Dayton Ohio, I went from despising the Bengals (1988 Playoff loss to them nailed it) to

having sympathy for them and actually watch them periodically the past few years (when the Bills aren't on of course). I'm no fan of the Bengals, but since they have been competitive, it has been interesting to watch them.

As for TO, I never liked him, was not happy that we signed him last year, and with the exception of his ability to still get open deep, I thought he basically played like crap for the Bills.

I wish him no ill will, but couldn't care less about the 12 year old (mentally) fading superstar.

More fun than last year?

Anyway. It's more than a bit ironic that the only fans that miss TO are from the team where he did the least for that team. I doubt the fans in SF, Philly and Dallas wax nostalgic about him.

Don't know if you were speaking about me, but I don't miss him. He didn't fit with the Bills as far as on-field play was concerned; he merely fit the Bills' need for a name while the Bills fit his need for a home.

Owens didn't add much in Buffalo, but that doesn't mean I hate him, either. I think it will be fun to watch him in an explosive offense. (I know, the Bills' offense last year would have been explosive, except the Bills didn't have a good quarterback, O-line, tight end, coordinator, or scheme. But hey, it was close.)

Don't know if you were speaking about me, but I don't miss him. He didn't fit with the Bills as far as on-field play was concerned; he merely fit the Bills' need for a name while the Bills fit his need for a home.

Owens didn't add much in Buffalo, but that doesn't mean I hate him, either. I think it will be fun to watch him in an explosive offense. (I know, the Bills' offense last year would have been explosive, except the Bills didn't have a good quarterback, O-line, tight end, coordinator, or scheme. But hey, it was close.)

No, not you. Just in general.

It's strange.

I don't know about you other Bills fans but after what T.O. had to put up with last year while working for our beloved Bills i'm pulling for the guy to have another typical T.O. year . He did everything he needed to do for us last year , he maintained his composure and brought some excitement to our team (it's just to bad his supporting staff didn't get the memo)

On all the sports networks there raking the guy over the coals saying he's to old - he's lost it & such, sure he drops some balls but i think he's matured and has come to realize it takes a team not just one person .

So what do you all think ?? Are you for him or against him in Cinci ??

He did well for the Buffalo Bills, it wasn't his fault ole dick head coach cut O linemen and the OC just before the season started.

If he could catch 55 passes in that podunk offense the Bills fielded last season, just imagine what he could have done with a good scheme, OC and play calling.

He did his job and said all the right things in Buffalo... so yea, wish him well in Cincy.

No, sorry. My old Mac G4 hung on the "add reply" button and I clicked it like forty times. I deleted thirty nine of them. My bad. Sorry!

To add, from Tonawanda also. Whereabouts?

Naw, it's cool. I thought it was funny, figured it was just a glitch...

I lived in all three actually, Town, City, and North Tonawanda. I graduated from Tonawanda High in '97. Moved to Florida in 2000. You?

I've always pulled for T.O. despite his issues... although I feel as though the media has manipulated and over-exaggerated his problems for their own gain... but what else is new..?

At the end of the day, he is one of the greatest receivers of all time despite what people think about him... He'll do well with the Bengals, barring injury of course, and he has some good talent there to work with...

The only way he may piss me off is if, when the Bills visit Cincy in Nov., he uses his former team for "extra motivation"... showboating, taunting and pretty much sh**ing on Buffalo as if they wronged him by not re-signing him, etc... The Bills paid him 6.5 million guaranteed and Bills fans supported him.. T.O. should act like a pro that day... but we all know that's a 50-50 proposition...