Here is a stadium project to keep your eye on

Ti-Cats Stadium project

Right now the Hamilton Tiger Cats play in a dump called Ivor-Wynne Stadium. It's in a residential part of Hamilton and looks a lot like the old All-High Stadium in Buffalo. There is a push to get a new stadium for the Ti-Cats, and there is debate currently as to where it should go.

But I have a hunch that this stadium project could become the new home of the Bills. Think about it. If Rogers tries to buy the Bills and needs a new, larger facility, why spend money on a 30,000-seat CFL facility when you can build a 70,000-seat NFL one? One that is half way between Buffalo and Toronto. One that will allow tailgating.

Not saying this is going to happen. Just saying this is coming up at a curious time for the Bills.

PTR

Ti-Cats Stadium project

Right now the Hamilton Tiger Cats play in a dump called Ivor-Wynne Stadium. It's in a residential part of Hamilton and looks a lot like the old All-High Stadium in Buffalo. There is a push to get a new stadium for the Ti-Cats, and there is debate currently as to where it should go.

But I have a hunch that this stadium project could become the new home of the Bills. Think about it. If Rogers tries to buy the Bills and needs a new, larger facility, why spend money on a 30,000-seat CFL facility when you can build a 70,000-seat NFL one? One that is half way between Buffalo and Toronto. One that will allow tailgating.

Not saying this is going to happen. Just saying this is coming up at a curious time for the Bills.

PTR

Rogers can't buy the Bills... on account of him being dead.

Ti-Cats Stadium project

PTR

Isn't Canada very protective of the CFL? I remember hearing when the Bills first agreed to play games in Canada that the Canadian government would make it illegal for NFL teams to be centered in Canada. Does anyone else remember that?

Ti-Cats Stadium project

PTR

Why waste your time watching stadium plans going on in Hamilton? Right now Ralph Wilson is still alive and well enough to remain the active owner of his Buffalo Bills. While he is still alive, the Bills won't be sold to anyone. When he dies, the team will get sold to the highest bidder that gets NFL approval. The NFL still has not agreed to put a team in Canada, much less Wilson's heirs, who I'm sure will have multiple offers to mull over besides Rogers' NFL group.

Sure at his age Wilson can die in the next minute, I'm not naive' enough to think he will live for 5 or 10 more years keeping my fingers crossed. But on the same token, I'm not interested in reading about stadium plans in cities vying for NFL teams either. That sad situation will play out when the time comes.

Right now, I'm more interested in when Terrel Troup and his idiot agent will decide to sign a contract and get his important rookie nose tackle butt into training camp! The draft picks taken at 38, 39, and 42 have signed. The only one left to sign around him is the number 40 pick. You would think that coming from a small school, Troup would reach out to the Bills and get into camp on time without needing to see how much the guy chosen just before him gets paid.

I really hope the NFL and Players Union hammer out a new rookie pay scale system in the next collective bargaining agreement. This current "system" is an absolute joke. :blink:

Details, details..

Why can Hamilton have tailgating and T'rono not? Some kind of county rule?

I just meant that you can't tailgate at Rogers Centre now because it's in downtown Toronto. I assume any new Hamilton stadium will have parking lots where one could tailgate. All I was doing is making you aware of this project. All the concerns cited in this thread are legit. I just think this is worth watching because of circumstances.

PTR

still think Niagara falls is the more intelligent place to build a world class stadium , and use that as a springboard to clean up the American side of the falls

I just meant that you can't tailgate at Rogers Centre now because it's in downtown Toronto. I assume any new Hamilton stadium will have parking lots where one could tailgate. All I was doing is making you aware of this project. All the concerns cited in this thread are legit. I just think this is worth watching because of circumstances.

PTR

I thought Canada had some kind of weird law about drinking outside of a bar or residence that would make tailgating illegal whether they had the space or not?

Ti-Cats Stadium project

PTR

I'm an old T-Cat fan, and I like CFL ball. I miss being able to see broadcasts.