Naaman Roosevelt

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a long shot to make the roster, probably a PS player, but the kid has skills.

PTR

You know my song with him, PTR: I love this guy and his potential but our opinion has to be a bit muted b/c for some reason some guys on this Board really get pissed off when you stick up of this kid.

...especially those who have never really seen him play and discount him due to the Conference he played in...while ignoring the smaller Conferences our higher draft picks played in.

You know my song with him, PTR: I love this guy and his potential but our opinion has to be a bit muted b/c for some reason some guys on this Board really get pissed off when you stick up of this kid.

...especially those who have never really seen him play and discount him due to the Conference he played...while ignoring the smaller Conferences our higher draft picks played in.

Well, 32 teams saw fit not to draft him, and he was picked up as a UFDA...

Hope he does well, but the college ranks are littered with receivers. Perhaps more than before, with the spread offense being the darling the past several years. Dilution.

I reject the popular notion that it takes 3 years for a wr to blossom.

let's be honest....you guys like him because he was a good college wr from buffalo.

that said, drayton florence did say on his twitter account that the rookies that had impressed him the most were roosevelt, easley, batten and antonio coleman. I'd say this kid has a solid chance of seeing the active roster at some point in the year.

Well, 32 teams saw fit not to draft him, and he was picked up as a UFDA...

Hope he does well, but the college ranks are littered with receivers. Perhaps more than before, with the spread offense being the darling the past several years. Dilution.

I reject the popular notion that it takes 3 years for a wr to blossom.

My God, Stucky, be careful. You were ALMOST cynical in that post.

:angry:

Please note when you are up in Buffalo we will have corn hole and Skyline Chili ready and waiting for you!

let's be honest....you guys like him because he was a good college wr from buffalo.

that said, drayton florence did say on his twitter account that the rookies that had impressed him the most were roosevelt, easley, batten and antonio coleman. I'd say this kid has a solid chance of seeing the active roster at some point in the year.

Yeah, Fluff, I won't deny that, and I (and it appears PTR, as well) think he is good practice practice squad material for this year, but I still think he has nice NFL upswing.

Yeah, Fluff, I won't deny that, and I (and it appears PTR, as well) think he is good practice practice squad material for this year, but I still think he has nice NFL upswing.

I posted that video because I figured 99% of you never really saw Roosevelt play. Also that video is mostly the 2009 season. He had an even better season 2008. The WR position is just too crowded to believe Naaman will leapfrog over people like Hardy and Huggins, but I think PS is a lock.

PTR

I posted that video because I figured 99% of you never really saw Roosevelt play. Also that video is mostly the 2009 season. He had an even better season 2008. The WR position is just too crowded to believe Naaman will leapfrog over people like Hardy and Huggins, but I think PS is a lock.

PTR

Going off of memory, PTR I think 103 grabs, 16 TDs and third in the nation in receptions in 2008.

Honestly, i could be wrong, but I don't think I am off by that much.

He plays a lot bigger and tougher than you'd expect. I've read he catches everything coming his way in OTA's. I understand his biggest knock was speed. But even a bit slow and small with a great work ethic and a bit of luck can lead to a good pro career.

There are certainly examples of second and third tier school receivers that succeeded in the NFL.

My God, Stucky, be careful. You were ALMOST cynical in that post.

Please note when you are up in Buffalo we will have corn hole and Skyline Chili ready and waiting for you!

:w00t:

Never played cornhole (aka reverse ring toss), and NEVER ate a Cincinnati chili concoction. Ugh! They also hawk a thing called a "coney." It's a 4-inch hot dog contained in a small roll smothered in shredded cheese. The usual order is 4 of them. Now, I watch what I eat, having to pay for the sins of my youth. But if I craved a 1,000 calorie fat and salt bomb (which I do, and I miss), I would get a couple of fast-food cheeseburgers and fries.

Skyline is one purveyor, an outfit named Gold Star is the other big name. Gold Star took a stab, buying up space in other localities - airports were prominent. They slinked away in short order with their tails between their legs as people gagged then laughed.

But I digress (often).

If they show Roscoe the gate, Roosevelt might get a shot at making the roster. A long shot - but perhaps he has enough moxie. Hines Ward, TJ Houshmanzedeh in recent time.

Going off of memory, PTR I think 103 grabs, 16 TDs and third in the nation in receptions in 2008.

Honestly, i could be wrong, but I don't think I am off by that much.

Not to ignore Stucky's post, but just an update from my post above:

Naaman was 4th in the nation in receptions (104) and 4th in the Nation in yards (1402) in 2008.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statis...Yards/year/2008

BTW, Starks was 17th in the Nation in rushing (1333 yds).

:lol:

Never played cornhole (aka reverse ring toss), and NEVER ate a Cincinnati chili concoction. Ugh! They also hawk a thing called a "coney." It's a 4-inch hot dog contained in a small roll smothered in shredded cheese. The usual order is 4 of them. Now, I watch what I eat, having to pay for the sins of my youth. But if I craved a 1,000 calorie fat and salt bomb (which I do, and I miss), I would get a couple of fast-food cheeseburgers and fries.

Skyline is one purveyor, an outfit named Gold Star is the other big name. Gold Star took a stab, buying up space in other localities - airports were prominent. They slinked away in short order with their tails between their legs as people gagged then laughed.

But I digress (often).

If they show Roscoe the gate, Roosevelt might get a shot at making the roster. A long shot - but perhaps he has enough moxie. Hines Ward, TJ Houshmanzedeh in recent time.

Stucky, honestly I have had them both. Gold Star - definitely meatier and more chilier. Skyline, for people who don't know, is more like a sauce.

As of the last few years you can get Skyline at Wegman's up here.

A can of Skyline, some diced onions, shredded cheddert cheese, tibasco sauce, all over pasta (i think that is a three or four way)...you got yourself a party, son!!

Additionally, yeah, I think unless he really breaks out that is the only way he makes the active roster.

.....................I reject the popular notion that it takes 3 years for a wr to blossom.

Well, that's fine for you. While its does not always apply (Terry Glenn 90 catches as a rookie, for example), in Eric Moulds case, it definitely applied. As is usually the case, the reality lies somewhere in between.

Stucky, honestly I have had them both. Gold Star - definitely meatier and more chilier. Skyline, for people who don't know, is more like a sauce.

As of the last few years you can get Skyline at Wegman's up here.

A can of Skyline, some diced onions, shredded cheddert cheese, tibasco sauce, all over pasta (i think that is a three or four way)...you got yourself a party, son!!

Additionally, yeah, I think unless he really breaks out that is the only way he makes the active roster.

Yes, Skyline packages their chili in a can - it's the size of a can of Campbell soup. One serving, according to the label is hefty. The can also says it serves six! :lol:

Who would buy a can of it and dole out a sixth of a can? It reminds me of the refrigerated barbecue pork and beef containers - Lloyds is a prominent name. Their serving size is 1/4 cup. I had the product and spread out that 1/4 cup on a roll - pathetic!

RE: Roosevelt - agree, he's going to have really show stuff in camp and in preseason if they keep him on. Or catch the eye of some coach who puts forth a case to keep 'em. I think he'll be safe on the PS.