So Wikky choses weed over the NFL?

ICE

I just saw a deal on ESPN where they did an update on Wikky. He has turned down the NFL's option to re instate him. He doesn't want to be subject to the drug testing policy. Andrea Kramer said he told her he smokes pot every day.

In addition he is renting a small house in some town called 'Grassvalley' or something like it while attending some herbal/holistic school.

this guy is beyond fugged up.

"this guy is beyond fugged up."

how is he fugged up? He's made more money than someone who spends his day posting on a message board and chooses what HE WANTS to do with his life not WHAT society tells him to do.

All the power to Ricky if this is truly want he wants to do with his life. He must choose his own path in life.

I just saw a deal on ESPN where they did an update on Wikky.  He has turned down the NFL's option to re instate him.  He doesn't want to be subject to the drug testing policy.  Andrea Kramer said he told her he smokes pot every day.

In addition he is renting a small house in some town called 'Grassvalley' or something like it while attending some herbal/holistic school.

143396[/snapback]

What is so "fugged up" about a guy who follows his own path and not the one others think he should follow? I give him credit for having the cahonas to turn down that much money because he doesn't agree with the rules. So instead of being a hypocrite and do it anyways, he quit. Not doing it sooner is my only problem with the guy.

I just saw a deal on ESPN where they did an update on Wikky.  He has turned down the NFL's option to re instate him.  He doesn't want to be subject to the drug testing policy.  Andrea Kramer said he told her he smokes pot every day.

143396[/snapback]

Grass Valley, a very fitting name for the human blowtourch. It's a beautiful town outside Sacramento in the foothills.

What is so "fugged up" about a guy who follows his own path and not the one others think he should follow? I give him credit for having the cahonas to turn down that much money because he doesn't agree with the rules. So instead of being a hypocrite and do it anyways, he quit. Not doing it sooner is my only problem with the guy.

143410[/snapback]

Ricky choosing his own path is fine, but he signed a contract. You know one of those pesky binding legal documents. Than after giving a speech in training camp about the need to stick together as a team. The hypocrite up and leaves the team. If he didn't want to play fine, but he should've had the common curtesy to tell his team before the season started so they could've drafted a runningback to take his place. Yes I know as bills fans, Anything bad that happens to the fish is a good thing, but I also know if that was up and our rb up and quit the same people who are saying "I give him credit for following his own path" would be screaming to the high heavens for that guys head on a silver platter. Following your own path is fine. Following your own path while being selfish and the expense of other peoples living is not fine.

"this guy is beyond fugged up."

how is he fugged up? He's made more money than someone who spends his day posting on a message board and chooses what HE WANTS to do with his life not WHAT society tells him to do.

All the power to Ricky if this is truly want he wants to do with his life. He must choose his own path in life.

143409[/snapback]

Well throwing away his life to smoke pot is a total waste of life in general. Granted it's his to fugg up, but it's fugged up.

BTW...it would be nice if this POS understood he has 3 children with 3 different women. He owes child support. So instead of WORKING and actually paying CS, he is instead smoking pot and learning how to make more herbs work for him. And YES this is fact.

Oh and as for as 'He's made more money than someone who spends his day posting on a message board' Due to the law ( you know that thing we in the US actually have to follow to be part of this society) he is going to have to pay back 8 something million of it. To which he responds "they want more than I have available" To wit the NFL says 'Tough sh--'.

Doing what you want to do with your life is great, as long as you meet the responsibilities you have created with that life I.e. Paying CS to the kids you helped to create and returning money you were given in good faith (signing bonus) for services you didn't fallow through on. it's called RESPONSIBILITY.

Ricky choosing his own path is fine, but he signed a contract. You know one of those pesky binding legal documents.  Than after giving a speech in training camp about the need to stick together as a team.  The hypocrite up and leaves the team.  If he didn't want to play fine, but he should've had the common curtesy to tell his team before the season started so they could've drafted a runningback to take his place. Yes I know as bills fans, Anything bad that happens to the fish is a good thing, but I also know if that was up and our rb up and quit the same people who are saying  "I give him credit for following his own path" would be screaming to the high heavens for that guys head on a silver platter.  Following your own path is fine. Following your own path while being selfish and the expense of other peoples living is not fine.

143504[/snapback]

It would be nice if he payed his child support as well :doh:

Grass Valley, a very fitting name for the human blowtourch.  It's a beautiful town outside Sacramento in the foothills.

143413[/snapback]

Calling Grass valley beautiful is an understatement. I remember driving through there once in complete wonderment. And I agree with a lot of people here, except the only thing to me that is fugged up is that he's wasting everyone's time with his on again/off again approach. He's like the John Kerry of running backs. Make a decision for Christ's sake and then go away.

Calling Grass valley beautiful is an understatement. I remember driving through there once in complete wonderment. And I agree with a lot of people here, except the only thing to me that is fugged up is that he's wasting everyone's time with his on again/off again approach. He's like the John Kerry of running backs. Make a decision for Christ's sake and then go away.

143511[/snapback]

Well you got your wish. He refused to agree to the drug testing policies of the NFL and is now 'Retired'. The NFL Gave him until todays deadline to come back, serve the next 4 games on suspention then be done with it. He said no.

Well you got your wish. He refused to agree to the drug testing policies of the NFL and is now 'Retired'.  The NFL Gave him until todays deadline to come back, serve the next 4 games on suspention then be done with it. He said no.

143515[/snapback]

Excellent. Now if he'll just join Michael Moore for a quick exit stage left, we can all move on with our lives, thank you very much. Who's up next for their 15 minutes?

It would be nice if he payed his child support as well  :doh:

143510[/snapback]

That would definitely be nice.......but how about also being some semblance of a friggin father to these kids? I've never understood how anyone can knowingly allow their own flesh and blood to be on this earth, and not do everything in their power to spend time with them and raise them in a beneficial way. Ricky is nothing but a prime example of a friggin pathetic loser. I have no sympathy at all for him, and I pray that his kids are able to overcome having such a pusssy for a father. The same goes for anyone else who is an absentee parent. Own up to your damn responsibilities!

143511[/snapback]

I spent 14 years around that part of California. Where am I know(aw)? Loverly dallas.

I really wonder why anyone cares what Ricky Williams does. I know a guy who quit his job 2 years ago to smoke pot every day and I have yet to see him on ESPN or his name in the papers (except for the time he got caught burning one in a parking lot and was arrested, he was in the paper for that). Honestly, someone tell me why they care what a person does with his life if it doesn't directly affect them.

Honestly, someone tell me why they care what a person does with his life if it doesn't directly affect them.

143652[/snapback]

Don't you see how Bill Clinton's childish, undisciplined and undignified behavior as Governor and President contributed to the moral decline of the country? And how Ricky Williams' behavior affects the choices kids make?

If you accept the money and fame that goes along with these high profile positions, you also must accept your status as a role model and acknowledge that your actions are widely seen and judged. You also have to accept responsibility for being a cultural leader - for better or worse. Too bad for all of us that people like Clinton and Ricky simply weren't up to the task. Instead of accepting responsibility for their actions, they simply rationalize their behavior so that they can sleep at night (although I suspect Ricky doesn't have a problem sleeping.)

Don't you see how Bill Clinton's childish, undisciplined and undignified behavior as Governor and President contributed to the moral decline of the country?  And how Ricky Williams' behavior affects the choices kids make?

If you accept the money and fame that goes along with these high profile positions, you also must accept your status as a role model and acknowledge that your actions are widely seen and judged.  You also have to accept responsibility for being a cultural leader - for better or worse.  Too bad for all of us that people like Clinton and Ricky simply weren't up to the task.  Instead of accepting responsibility for their actions, they simply rationalize their behavior so that they can sleep at night (although I suspect Ricky doesn't have a problem sleeping.)

143723[/snapback]

Anybody who wants their children to accept politicians and professional athletes as their role models have got to be absolutely nuts.

143409[/snapback]

He ain't made more than me, and I post on a message board :doh: