Where do you live now and time spent in Buffalo area?

David D

I was born in the back seat of a greyhound bus, rollin' down highway 41

NT birth class of '55

NT Grad class of '73

U.S.M.C. and QA Management have provided residences in 11 states

Current home: Chattanooga, TN

Moving back soon to Jax, FL

Bills & Sabres fan since THEIR inceptions.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

born on Mars.... lived the first 10 years of my life there (about 20 years in Earth time)....

I passed the time working as a sand shoveler in the pits of Cydonia but always dreamed of trolling message boards in a small to mid-sized metropolitan urban area on our blue neighbor.. One day when I had the Martian equivalent of 1000 of your US dollars saved, I took the "KramJet" (aptly named BTW) to Earth in search of a new home (I am proud to say that spelling stuff with a "K" to look KEWL was a Martian invention!)

I settled on Buffalo because it reminded me a lot of Mars: ruins of a once great civilization, and beautiful sunsets. So I settled down here, and now I troll message boards full time.

In my spare time I enjoy sharing Martian literature and culture with the people of WNY and trying to dispell the common mis- perceptions of "little green men...."

Shine on you crazy diamonds......

born in buffalo in 1952, graduate of south park high school in 1970. went to college at hilbert, buff state, rec'd degree from UB.. worked for the govt until 2007 and retired at 55. moved to the philly area in late 2008 to be near children (and grandchild) who naturally had to relocate for job reasons. the pizza here sucks, philly cheesesteaks are overrated in my opinion, did get a wegman's near my home to make eating bearable. have the ticket, get the center ice package and really jealous of the flyers.

1948/south park 66/UB/great time- flunked out/Vietnam/Buffalo PD and Sheriff Dept while working thru college and law school/ now in Tennessee doing the lawyer and teacher business. Get to Buffalo on consulting gigs a few times a year usually to see a home bills game or two. Got brothers and sister in Buffalo so its nice to get back and I like the area.

Alright metzelaars doesn't want to reveal the man behind the mask but:

Williamsville North '97

Canisius College '01

live in Denver

Go Spartans. I was class of 83. When I was back in Buffalo this past spring, went by the old school and it still looks the same as it did 30 years ago! Ugly than and ugly still!!

Born in Detroit 1965

Moved to Buffalo 1976 (mother still lives there)

Univ of Michigan 87

Lived in Atl ever since. As a sports town can NOT compare to Buffalo. But with the Sunday Ticket I NEVER miss a Bills game. And I do get to see the Sabres twice every season.

As for Bills games, went to the Music City miracle and the playoff loss in Miami when Flutie was sacked on the 5 yrd line. Anyone else on here been to both of those games?

I pretty sure this has been done before but we've got 14 days to kill so.......

Born Niagra Falls 68'

Short stint on Grand Island

Williamsville North High School

Left in 85' and live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.

Born in the old Meyer Memoial Hospital (Erie County Medical Center) on July 22, 1956;

Lived on the lower east side, north side and Clarence - attended PS #53, #81, Bennett High and graduated from Williamsville HS North;

Went to Buff State for a year before transferring away to college; worked at Cavages records while in college (UB store, Main Place Mall and Eastern Hills Mall);

I have not lived in Buffalo for any meaningful length of time since 1975.

I have lived in Washington, DC, Jacksonville, FL, Ann Arbor, MI (for 2 years of Business School) and have been in Northern NJ since 1991. People all over the country know me as a Bills fan and those who have known me long enough know that I was a fan even when they were bad....really bad.

I have been coming to this board since around 1997/1998 - mostly reading.

I got married in 1992 and my only prenup was that I could continue going to the sports bar on Sundays to watch the Bills - she stuck to it and I got Sunday Ticket in 1995. I now take it with me to watch it, while I watch my oldest daughter play soccer on fall Sundays.

Sometimes I don't want to be a Bills fan, but I am and always will be, as long as they are in Buffalo.

Don

Go Spartans. I was class of 83. When I was back in Buffalo this past spring, went by the old school and it still looks the same as it did 30 years ago! Ugly than and ugly still!!

Born in Detroit 1965

Moved to Buffalo 1976 (mother still lives there)

Univ of Michigan 87

Lived in Atl ever since. As a sports town can NOT compare to Buffalo. But with the Sunday Ticket I NEVER miss a Bills game. And I do get to see the Sabres twice every season.

As for Bills games, went to the Music City miracle and the playoff loss in Miami when Flutie was sacked on the 5 yrd line. Anyone else on here been to both of those games?

I agree - one could say that it ages well! I graduated in 1974.

All I can say is may God help you dealing with the unbearable heat and humidity of the summer in STL and the temperatures that never cool at night(many times Saint Louis is the hottest place in the country in the summer around midnight). I remember all the times we used to go out tot he clubs around 11pm or midnight and just how freaking hot and humid it was. Felt like a hand coming to suffocate you when you walked outside...would be around 90 still and the low was supposed to get down to 75---yeah right...temps never got below 80 at night...never understood why the place never seems to cool down

My memories of St. Louis ended just like they started---way too hot...arrived for college freshman year at the end of August, campus was undergoing construction, all pavement, no shade, seemed like a death march to the bursar's office, registration, etc in 99 degree heat with a heat index approaching 115-120. Spent the most uncomfortable night of my life the first night in the dorms on the 8th floor with no air conditioning and no fans...was so hot I sat up all night in a chair dripping sweat because I couldn't lay down, it was too hot. Next day, Cardinals were playing a game at old Busch stadium. It was so hot on the field the players were burning their feet from the metal in the spikes because the on-field temperature was 130+, nobody was able to sit in the metal bleachers because they were too hot, and they ended up coming out every half inning and hosing the players down to cool them off. Never felt anything like it in the summer, and hope I never do again...

When I first moved here I thought it was the hottest summer ever. I have gotten used to the summer and also learned that summers are hotter and more humid in many other places, especially the south (Atlanta), the rest of the midwest, and the gulf coast (Houston, Pensacola).

What I like about the weather here compared to Buffalo:

Winter that starts in mid December and ends in February - with very little snow most years.

Early spring and gorgeous weather in April, May and June.

Ok - July and August are hot. July is very hot.

September is like the best weeks of Buffalo summer. Amazing.

October is awesome too, sunny most of the time and cool.

November is similar to October. Cooler but still not cold.

Where did you go to school?

Born Rochester 1977 - (Wilson HS) first saw Dan Fouts on TV and was immediately a Chargers fan, until my brother "convinced" me otherwise when I was 8 years old.

Lived in NH for 8 years (4 years at St. Anselm college) - strengthened my love for the Bills being surrounded by Mass-hole Pats fans

Lived in IA for 3 years - most farmers were unaware of the Buffalo Bills fans' plight, but they could show me what part of the pig footballs come from.

Lived in HI for 2 years - watching 7am kick off's with bloody marys and scrambled eggs looking out at the ocean, anyone?

Now in Virginia Beach area - got 2 Bills Backers bars near by, and I got Directv since I have two little kids...

First live game: the comeback.

I am also the person who thinks Marshawn should be our #1 back. Yep, that guy.

Born Rochester 1977 - (Wilson HS) first saw Dan Fouts on TV and was immediately a Chargers fan, until my brother "convinced" me otherwise when I was 8 years old.

Lived in NH for 8 years (4 years at St. Anselm college) - strengthened my love for the Bills being surrounded by Mass-hole Pats fans

Lived in IA for 3 years - most farmers were unaware of the Buffalo Bills fans' plight, but they could show me what part of the pig footballs come from.

Lived in HI for 2 years - watching 7am kick off's with bloody marys and scrambled eggs looking out at the ocean, anyone?

Now in Virginia Beach area - got 2 Bills Backers bars near by, and I got Directv since I have two little kids...

First live game: the comeback.

I am also the person who thinks Marshawn should be our #1 back. Yep, that guy.

First live game was "the comeback"!!!! Nice.

Marshawn "should be" is right. But I don't he will be. I think Marshawn is going to screw himself up again because Marshawn is Marshawn.

Born in L.A. (not East LA)

1st live football game LA Rams vs Colts at Anaheim stadium with Eric Dickerson

Earliest memory of bills was beating my raiders 51 - 3 -- still had no idea where buffalo even was

1st job at UB, 10 years, marriage and kids while living in buffalo

Now live in bay area, Direct tv keeps me going

Born in Deaconess Hospital 1947

Lived in Cheektowaga til 59 then family moved to Miami

Then lived in Cocoa, Fl til service in 66

Moved back to Williamsville after service in 70 til 77 (married during this time - The OJ years

Now residing in Daytona Beach

Love my Bills