• Still too early to tell - jury's still out
    • Expect a breakout season
    • He's had his chance - he's a bust

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats with all the Trent threasds today? Did Chan come out and name him the unquestioned starter and I just miss it? I mean, seems like some weak writer wrote an article based on hear say from unidentified sources that Trent was going to be the top of pecking order when camp opens and all of a sudden this board is Trent crazy with threads.

1. No QB has been named the starter.

2. Who ever enters camp at the top of Chans pecking order still is NOT the starter as its still a full on QB competition.

3. Trent was always the guy most likely to enter camp at the top of pecking order anyway and by no means indicates he has won the job. Someone has to be at the top to start camp, but its still anyones job to win.

Using my time machine was this back in 2008 when we played San Diego without their best pass rusher Shawn Merriman and they started the season 3 - 10? One game does not a career make.

Just checking :blink:

*As an interesting side note that was the Lee Evans "throw me the damn ball I'm a #1 WR catch against the side of the helmet tip toe TD". Still love that. That is what you get if Trent trusts the guy and throws him the ball.

My point is that the concussion explanation for his troubles doesn't make sense. Arguably his best game came after he returned from concussion.

The Adrian Wilson blitz-caused concussion wasn't the one that did him in...it was the lesser hit against Miami the game after the Chargers game that was never reported as an injury that actually did him in.

But concussions aside, he's showing Rob Johnson syndrome...the inability to learn to correct his most glaring problem. RJ's problem was a lack of faith in his receivers...always looking for the big play and wanting his WRs to be wide open before he threw the ball...got that problem in college and never got it coached out of him. Trent's issue is his habit of staring down receivers....before the snap and throughout the receiver's pass route. It's a miracle that he hasn't thrown more picks than he has.

What about the Chargers game after the bye where he went 22 of 28 and was ruthlessly efficient?

What about Jason Campbell last year against the Saints.

What about JAMARCUS RUSSEL last year against Philly throwing for 225 yards.

What about Josh Freeman last year against Carolina and N.O..

What about Brady Quinn last year against San Diego and Detriot.

See my point?

Arguably the last game where the offensive line looked good too, well besides the KC game, but that was more KC sucking than it was our offensive line's effectiveness. I don't know if it's too late or not for him, but I'm pretty sure he'd be a better player right now if the offensive line was better the last 2 seasons. For me it's really hard to get his performance against the Browns on Monday night out of my head to think he can be saved, but we will see.

I couldn't agree with you more. Good point

voted bust. otoh, youll never know.

chan is a good coach and may bring out the best of him. and for sure trent backwards hasnt had good coaching the last few years.

AND has looked pretty good until wilson has leveled him.

but i really think every good QB wouldve gotten over it and produced. trent didnt.

so i think, wish, hope, its brians turn

You've got to wonder at this point if Trent Edwards' confidence has been permanently crippled at the hands of Dick Jauron and company. Here was a young man, highly touted by Bill Walsh out of college, who was wasted in the care of Jauron and a rolodex of offensive coordinator malcontents. It was the scar of the Levy era that brought about such inept coaching abetted by Wilson who was unwilling to pay for even obviously bad front office and coaching talent. Who knows how many legitimate college players were sacrificed on the altar of inevitable disaster.

Maybe Gailey can resurrect him. I hope so for his sake. He didn't deserve to be drafted by a Bills organization that was painstakingly contructed to destroy pro careers. If he can't come back from the undead in the pocket, there's Fitz and Brohm or a 2011 draft choice we haven't met yet. Still, you have to feel sorry for anyone who's had the misfortune of such anemic pro development as was available from the Buffalo Bills these last years. :bag:

I don't get it. ---I've been in the Military for 18+ years and have worked in many different units, under the command of many different leaders and have had many different outcomes.

I always put forth 100% but I have learned that while in different units and surrounded by different people, I have at times performed differently. In some 'systems' I have felt more comfortable and have been able to deliver a top notch product than at other locations. Sometimes just being recognized for my performances encouraged me to outperform my peers day in and day out. --Even though I am STILL the same person, with the correct chemistry of those leading me and supporting me at times, I was able to deliver a much better, well honed, nearly perfect product on a consistant basis.

I can relate to what Trent has been or is feeling. ---He was a back-up to JP whose best friend Lee Evans always spoke of the 'chemistry' between he and JP. Trent then went into camp competing for the job and after he got the nod to start, he played extremely well until the major concussion set him back a bit. He was up and down after that.

Changes and firings of the OC led to a coach on the hot seat whom eventually was fired. There were also major LT issues coupled with the signing of an 'A' type personality 'Superstar' that had the reputation to ruin teams and QB's.........Trent's surroundings have been anything but consistant the past 3 years. Add that to the fact that DJ didn't demand perfection and at times made horrible decisions on the fireld; Trent has been doomed since we put on his Buffalo Jersey!!

I think the changes in coaching and staff, plus the fact that the players on the roster seem to have a newfound sense of dedication and respect for the new coaching staff may in fact work wonders for Trent this year, if he is in fact the starter. Folks, we can't count him out just yet. ---Just my thoughts.

Here's an idea:

How about letting Chan put the team though the paces in training camp, pick a starting QB based on the qualifications and experience he was hired for, and then let the damn coach, coach and let the QB, QB for at least 4 games to see how this shakes out?

How does that sound?

My point is that the concussion explanation for his troubles doesn't make sense. Arguably his best game came after he returned from concussion.

Concussions linger and every hit adds up. One Game??? The Arizona hit opened the door for the other hits to add up. His performance has been noticeably worse, and it's easy to figure out when the damage began.

In addition D-Ice those victories were ALL against teams that finished the year below .500. It was an inflated record against horrible teams. (I assume we are talking about the 5 - 0 start). If I am not mistaken there was scoring help from special teams and the defense to even achieve 5 - 0. Let's not forget the fact that Trent life time has a ridiculously bad record against 3 - 4 defenses. The only thing that could help him is that he sees a 3 - 4 defense now in practice every day. Time to give Brohm a shot and consider Jake Locker in the 2011 draft.

My prediction for Trent in 2010 is him performing fellatio on the field.

There was never a 5-0. They went 4-0, before getting hammered by the Cardinals in Arizona. (Edwards himself got hammered on the first or second play from scrimmage.) But they came back to upset San Diego at home after the bye week and went to 5-1-0.

It will be either Edwards or Brohm IMO. Fitzy is a career back-up. Edwards has always struggled against 3-4 schemes, I am curious to see how having to practice against one every day in the offseason may help him. I believe he has the tools it is simply a question of "want to" and the o-line that is up in the air.

In addition D-Ice those victories were ALL against teams that finished the year below .500. It was an inflated record against horrible teams. (I assume we are talking about the 5 - 0 start). If I am not mistaken there was scoring help from special teams and the defense to even achieve 5 - 0. Let's not forget the fact that Trent life time has a ridiculously bad record against 3 - 4 defenses. The only thing that could help him is that he sees a 3 - 4 defense now in practice every day. Time to give Brohm a shot and consider Jake Locker in the 2011 draft.

My prediction for Trent in 2010 is him performing fellatio on the field.

What difference does it make who the Bills beat in that streak? Are you implying that those victories do'nt count?

If you beat a team that you are supposed to beat, is that not a positive thing?

If you do'nt think Trent's the guy, fine, but if Gailey gives him the nod let's see what he can do in this new regime.

You can also forget about Jake Locker, the Bills will not perform so poorly to be in a position to draft him. Just my opinion.

I expect Trent will be an extremely successful marketing intern at Synopsys, while doing a bang-up job as President of the Dakota Fanning Fan Club/Los Gatos Chapter in his spare time!

19 and 0 baby!!! :thumbsup:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :bag:

I missed your point. I absolutely agree with you.

I have been really hard on guys that have been hanging on waiting for Trent to become the man and show some balls. I guess I should really feel sorry for them that like the rest of of us they are so desperate for success that they make all manner of excuses for why Trent isn't a good starting QB in this league. His 1 or two decent games after the concussion and his OWN ADMISSION that it has nothing to do with his performance are proof enough that that excuse is bogus.

The Adrian Wilson blitz-caused concussion wasn't the one that did him in...it was the lesser hit against Miami the game after the Chargers game that was never reported as an injury that actually did him in.

But concussions aside, he's showing Rob Johnson syndrome...the inability to learn to correct his most glaring problem. RJ's problem was a lack of faith in his receivers...always looking for the big play and wanting his WRs to be wide open before he threw the ball...got that problem in college and never got it coached out of him. Trent's issue is his habit of staring down receivers....before the snap and throughout the receiver's pass route. It's a miracle that he hasn't thrown more picks than he has.

You don't throw many picks when you are throwing passes 9 yards in the air. If the ball travels 9 yards and you get picked off you REALLY have problems.

You've got to wonder at this point if Trent Edwards' confidence has been permanently crippled at the hands of Dick Jauron and company. Here was a young man, highly touted by Bill Walsh out of college, who was wasted in the care of Jauron and a rolodex of offensive coordinator malcontents. It was the scar of the Levy era that brought about such inept coaching abetted by Wilson who was unwilling to pay for even obviously bad front office and coaching talent. Who knows how many legitimate college players were sacrificed on the altar of inevitable disaster.

Maybe Gailey can resurrect him. I hope so for his sake. He didn't deserve to be drafted by a Bills organization that was painstakingly contructed to destroy pro careers. If he can't come back from the undead in the pocket, there's Fitz and Brohm or a 2011 draft choice we haven't met yet. Still, you have to feel sorry for anyone who's had the misfortune of such anemic pro development as was available from the Buffalo Bills these last years. :bag:

The same could be said for JP. At least HE had balls, a big arm and athleticism!