RUNNING GAME

I really have come to believe that Chan Gailey plans on running 40-45 times a game. Throwing the ball 15-20 times a game. Gailey is old school and he knows thats our best chance to be successful. He will however be creative in doing so. No more pop warner offense that we had when Dicky J was our coach. This worked for him in Pittsburgh, Miami, and Dallas. I believe we have the right coach but it will take time. Buddy Nix seems to be the right man as well, but we haven't played a game yet so we will have to see.

GO BILLS!!!!!!

I really have come to believe that Chan Gailey plans on running 40-45 times a game. Throwing the ball 15-20 times a game. Gailey is old school and he knows thats our best chance to be successful. He will however be creative in doing so. No more pop warner offense that we had when Dicky J was our coach. This worked for him in Pittsburgh, Miami, and Dallas. I believe we have the right coach but it will take time. Buddy Nix seems to be the right man as well, but we haven't played a game yet so we will have to see.

GO BILLS!!!!!!

If that holds true, the Bills will have a wining record and make the playoffs. If you're running the ball 45 times a game you are controlling the game and enforcing your will on the opponent. You are staying in manageable down/distance situations on offense and resting your defense which will translate to more big plays by them, especially in the 4th Qtr. where so many of our games are won and lost.

GO BILLS!!!

If that holds true, the Bills will have a wining record and make the playoffs. If you're running the ball 45 times a game you are controlling the game and enforcing your will on the opponent. You are staying in manageable down/distance situations on offense and resting your defense which will translate to more big plays by them, especially in the 4th Qtr. where so many of our games are won and lost.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree with you 100%. He plans on running alot but that doesen't neccessarily mean it will pan out that way. I hope it does. Because if we get in situations where we are in obvious passing downs, we are in trouble.

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Shades of "Marty Ball." And he used just such when he took over the helm at KC. In '90, he rushed 504 times - 245 attempts by C. Okoye and 204 by B. Word.

But the rules were different...today, they favor the pass game.

I still have mixed feelings about the Spiller pick. He was certainly the premier college back. His highlight videos are just that - I've little feel for how he does in the traps, off-tackle plays, how he blocks, can he pick up a blitzing safety or cornerback etc. I know some say he's not going to be an every-down player, but if I were to select him at that high pick position, I'd have that very much in mind.

With hope, he will be taught about such in camp.

Like you say - it will take time.

40-45 rushes and 15-20 passes in this NFL day and age....I kinda doubt it, my friends! To have that kind of split you'd better have a once a decade type of running game and even with our maybe potential, we ain't got it. 60-40 is the most run to pass that I see.

40-45 rushes and 15-20 passes in this NFL day and age....I kinda doubt it, my friends! To have that kind of split you'd better have a once a decade type of running game and even with our maybe potential, we ain't got it. 60-40 is the most run to pass that I see.

Screw it, I say do it anways. 4th and 7, run the dern ball. They will never be expecting that.

GO BILLS!!!!!!

That won't win in today's NFL, sorry. Jauron was forced to do that, having no NFL caliber offensive linemen and a young QB- along with a dearth of talent at WR.

Smash mouth football doesn't win anymore. You pass to set up more passes. That is the way the NFL works, that's the way it is.

GO BILLS!!!!!!

What you quote woudl have worked in the 70's, 80's and even some in the 90's. Todays defenses are too fast and too good to allow this. Teams put 8 in the box and stop most running games. Thats when you have to throw.

If you cannot run and throw you cannot win consistently. If you cannot pick up blitzes you will not win. If you do not have a QB that can read defenses you will not win.

If we run 40 times and pass 20 times we better have a great defense to go with it.

What you quote woudl have worked in the 70's, 80's and even some in the 90's. Todays defenses are too fast and too good to allow this. Teams put 8 in the box and stop most running games. Thats when you have to throw.

If you cannot run and throw you cannot win consistently. If you cannot pick up blitzes you will not win. If you do not have a QB that can read defenses you will not win.

If we run 40 times and pass 20 times we better have a great defense to go with it.

I agree with this all the way. I also think that in order to run 40 times, we'll need to build early leads in every game. Unless you're ahead, the clock is generally not your friend.

And the last thing we need is to be predictable again. I'm sure Chan will put together good game plans.

I'm getting more and more optimistic about this season every day. Go Bills!

Failing to run well behind a poor offensive line is usually a less spectacular failure than failing to pass behind it. I hope we see a lot of Corey McIntyre.

Seriously, is he still on the team?

GO BILLS!!!

You had damn well better have an OL that can open holes for the running game if you're going to run that many times. Have the Bills had that kind of OL recently? No. Will they have that kind of OL this season? Perhaps.

You had damn well better have an OL that can open holes for the running game if you're going to run that many times. Have the Bills had that kind of OL recently? No. Will they have that kind of OL this season? Perhaps.

I'm not going to hold my breath though. You need the line to function as a unit, and there are just too many question marks. Hopefully the line can stay healthy and show some signs of progress over the season.

I'm not going to hold my breath though. You need the line to function as a unit, and there are just too many question marks. Hopefully the line can stay healthy and show some signs of progress over the season.

Yep, there are question marks, akimbo.

But.....bigger miracles have been accomplished with less to work with. Hope springs eternal, even if it kicks me in the groinal region for......what.....the 11th straight year?

I don't care. Time to rock and roll, em effers! :rolleyes:

I think we'll see more running this year, but more along the lines of 55% pass 45% run or maybe 60/40. Plus we'll see some smarter play calling and some trickery.

Our line's problem has not been run blocking the last 3 years, but pass blocking instead. Killed me to see us try to be a passing team with no QB and a bad line. Ridiculous.

I think we'll see more running this year, but more along the lines of 55% pass 45% run or maybe 60/40. Plus we'll see some smarter play calling and some trickery.

Our line's problem has not been run blocking the last 3 years, but pass blocking instead. Killed me to see us try to be a passing team with no QB and a bad line. Ridiculous.

we will have the qb issue fixed once Brohm wins the starting job

Once we establish Fitz as number 2 and build the O around his strengths, we'll be an offensive juggernaut.

why would we build around the #2 Qb, that doesnt make any sense.

Now once we build around Brohm, we should be unstoppable

why would we build around the #2 Qb, that doesnt make any sense.

why would build our offnese around a #3 QB with no confidence? That makes even less sense.

Fitz ain't great, but he's the best we got. When I played football, the best guys played. Not the guys that might be good in a couple of years.

why would build our offnese around a #3 QB with no confidence? That makes even less sense.

Fitz ain't great, but he's the best we got. When I played football, the best guys played. Not the guys that might be good in a couple of years.

the no confidence brohm is gone, he has been rejuvenated with the system and will come out guns blazing in TC this year, just you wait and see. Brian Brohm is the best kept secret in the NFL right now.