Which quarterback are you pulling for ultimately

Who would you like to succeed?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to succeed?

• Trent Edwards
    • Brian Brohm
    • Ryan Fitz

Chances are quite high, IMO, that a healthy Trent, under decent coaching, without regular season game conditions, is going to look pretty damn good in training camp and pre-season.

Therefore, I say, as Bills fans, we can only hope that it's Brohm starting on game one.

Because that means he beat out a pretty decent Trent*, and looked good in most phases of the game in practice, camp and pre-season games. Because that's our only real hope, if he turns out to be really good.

*This is not to be confused with thinking Trent will keep that up in regular season under seriously more pressure.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chances are quite high, IMO, that a healthy Trent, under decent coaching, without regular season game conditions, is going to look pretty damn good in training camp and pre-season.

Therefore, I say, as Bills fans, we can only hope that it's Brohm starting on game one.

Because that means he beat out a pretty decent Trent*, and looked good in most phases of the game in practice, camp and pre-season games. Because that's our only real hope, if he turns out to be really good.

*This is not to be confused with thinking Trent will keep that up in regular season under seriously more pressure.

I haven't posted in a while, but Dog, Brohm sucks. He looked terrible for GB and was the freakin' reincarnation of the short-lived Falcons-era Joey Harrington when he played against Atlanta last year. Look to the draft next year for QB and focus on the running backs this year. They have some good ones, and they should be fun to watch.

I haven't posted in a while, but Dog, Brohm sucks. He looked terrible for GB and was the freakin' reincarnation of the short-lived Falcons-era Joey Harrington when he played against Atlanta last year. Look to the draft next year for QB and focus on the running backs this year. They have some good ones, and they should be fun to watch.

I don't predict he's going to be any good either. i think Trent starts, Fitz is the back-up, and we probably cut Brohm unless we could trade him for a 7th round pick, which I doubt. The question was, who are you pulling for, so my answer was Brohm because that means he played way better than I thought he would or could, and he beat out Trent who, like I said, before the season starts, is likely to look good.

I don't predict he's going to be any good either. i think Trent starts, Fitz is the back-up, and we probably cut Brohm unless we could trade him for a 7th round pick, which I doubt. The question was, who are you pulling for, so my answer was Brohm because that means he played way better than I thought he would or could, and he beat out Trent who, like I said, before the season starts, is likely to look good.

I do think that Edwards has some upside (slight), and could last in the league. So I'll pull for Edwards (I guess), because I think that with a little bit of luck, he's got some Chris Chandler in him (14-2 in 1998, mind you). I don't think the same of Brohm, who I think will be out of the league soon. But I don't say this with enthusiasm.

Brohm has played in exactly TWO NFL games in his career (not counting Preseason). We have no idea if he can be any good, based on what little we have seen. Are you judging him based on some preseason performance? Really? The Pack made a last minute offer to keep him, so they must have thought he had some potential...right?

I'm certainly not saying he is the answer, or should start. I really don't know, because we have seen very little of what he can do. I think we kind of know what Trent can, and can't do (although I'd be willing to give him a fresh start if gets the starting nod). Like I said earlier, whoever does best should start, IMO. I kind of hope it is Brohm, because they might mean an improvement over what we have seen (if he beats the others out in camp/preseason). I have never understood people rooting AGAINST the success of a player on their favorite team.

Brohm has played in exactly TWO NFL games in his career (not counting Preseason). We have no idea if he can be any good, based on what little we have seen. Are you judging him based on some preseason performance? Really? The Pack made a last minute offer to keep him, so they must have thought he had some potential...right?

I'm certainly not saying he is the answer, or should start. I really don't know, because we have seen very little of what he can do. I think we kind of know what Trent can, and can't do (although I'd be willing to give him a fresh start if gets the starting nod). Like I said earlier, whoever does best should start, IMO. I kind of hope it is Brohm, because they might mean an improvement over what we have seen (if he beats the others out in camp/preseason). I have never understood people rooting AGAINST the success of a player on their favorite team.

Well said! I want to see what each QB can do under Gailey's offense during the preseason before making any judgments. I'll give them all the benefit of the doubt for now. I also don't understand why someone would be against a given player. I only want to see the best player prevail in a fair competition.

I actually voted Trent. I'd like to see Brohm backing him up. I just want Trent to either sink or swim. The Jauron/Schoenert/Van Pelt excuses are gone. He's got good running backs and good receivers. Most QBs in the league play with less-than-stellar lines. If Trent doesn't show "it" very early on, bring on Brohm.

Coolest thing about this offseason that I haven't felt in many years is that I actually trust Chan Gailey to make the right decision. Whomever takes the first snap on opening day, I'll feel good that Gailey made the decision and that QB is the best choice.

Go Bills!

Sink or swim. He has already drowned!

I actually voted Trent. I'd like to see Brohm backing him up. I just want Trent to either sink or swim. The Jauron/Schoenert/Van Pelt excuses are gone. He's got good running backs and good receivers. Most QBs in the league play with less-than-stellar lines. If Trent doesn't show "it" very early on, bring on Brohm.

Coolest thing about this offseason that I haven't felt in many years is that I actually trust Chan Gailey to make the right decision. Whomever takes the first snap on opening day, I'll feel good that Gailey made the decision and that QB is the best choice.

Go Bills!

+3

Sink or swim. He has already drowned!

What I saw in the Clowns game and the second half of the game against the Saints looked like QB going under for the third time.

Trent is a free agent after this year. I believe that if he doesn't play lights out in training camp and pre season, Coach Gailey cuts his losses and dumps Trent. He didn't draft him and has no ties to him whatsoever. If Trent doesn't win the starting job, why keep him? He'll be a FA next year. You wanna pay big bucks for a 3rd stringer? It's either win it outright, or out the door for Trent over the next 2 months.

If he does and plays great ALL season, something which he has never done, then more power to him and Go BILLS !! I just don't see it happening.

But, whoever ends up under center against the Fish, I'll support 100% while he's in.

Voting for Trent to start is like a person who's been walking the desert for 300 miles and voting for 100 extra miles of desert.

It reminds me of the holdout Jauron supporters last year. They needed to see that train wreck one last time to be certain that he sucked. Eight years of being a loser coach clearly did not give them the hint.

Voting for Trent to start is like a person who's been walking the desert for 300 miles and voting for 100 extra miles of desert.

It reminds me of the holdout Jauron supporters last year. They needed to see that train wreck one last time to be certain that he sucked. Eight years of being a loser coach clearly did not give them the hint.

Haha awesome analogy.

You don't even want to have training camp? Just start Brohm and cut TE?

More great stuff.

You want Brohm to start without having any idea if he can play well?

That WEO! :censored:

The competition hasn't really started.

I'm not pulling for anyone.

What is that you're basing your voting on?

Chan will put these guys to work at the end of July & throughout August.

We will get to see them play in pre-season "games" in the new system.

Post this on August 23rd when we've got something to work with.

Right now this is just an off season boredom post.

Well thanks for coming into this thread, that you think is worthless, and letting us know that. Evidently you are so bored you feel the need to respond to it. :censored:

Haha awesome analogy.

Thanks, it's been a brutal three years worth of watching Trent meander down the field knowing there wasn't any chance he was even going to attempt to throw a pass in the endzone let alone a touchdown pass. What part of that do these people want more of exactly?

If he's so good why did a *good* team - one that has a proven track record of drafting and evaluating QBs going on nearly 20 years - cut the cord with him so quickly?

And by the way, I'm not rooting against Brohm. If he turns out to be good, I'll be thrilled. I guess I just trust the Packers more than I do the Bills when it comes to QBs.

If he's so good why did a *good* team - one that has a proven track record of drafting and evaluating QBs going on nearly 20 years - cut the cord with him so quickly?

They didn't. They put him on the practice squad, a perfect place for a developing QB...particularly when you have a terrific young QB as your starter. The Pack made a counter-offer to Brohm to stay after the Bills made their offer. Doesn't sound like they cut the cord to me.

I voted for Edwards but only because I was really high on the guy coming out of college and bought the jersey. Really i just don't want to have to buy another jersey. I am starting to think that a throwback JK is the only way to go. In any event I also trust Chan's football knowledge and which ever selection he makes will be the right one. I almost feel like this team just HAS to be better with a competent coaching staff. Truth be told though I wouldn't mind to see what Brohm can do, only because we have seen him play the least and he does have some solid tools to utilize. If Gailey can really get the most out of a quarterback it might be interesting. No matter what happens this season I am actually curious to see what happens with Levi Brown a few seasons down the road. You think there is a big developmental plan in the works or was Gaily just trying to breed tougher competition between the QB's? :censored:

And by the way, I'm not rooting against Brohm. If he turns out to be good, I'll be thrilled. I guess I just trust the Packers more than I do the Bills when it comes to QBs.

The Packers felt a lot of confidence in their starter (Rodgers) and their backup (Flynn). Given their comfort level in that situation, they didn't feel the need to bend over backwards to give huge opportunities to Brohm. Granted, Brohm has proven very little on the NFL level. But Green Bay only gave him his rookie year and the first portion of his second year to prove himself. Had the Bills taken a similar approach with Losman, Losman would have been released fairly early in the 2005 season (when he was competing with Holcomb).

Admittedly, Losman turned out to be a bust. There's a significant chance the same will happen with Brohm. But there's at least a chance--however fleeting--that Brohm will turn out to be the guy. I think the Bills should start Brohm in 2010 to see what he has or doesn't have. Unless Brohm really shows something, the Bills should most likely draft a QB like Christian Ponder with their first round pick of the 2011 draft.