4th of July menu

I will not be entertaining this year so I have been asked to prepare some regular BBQ staples.

Turkey and Sausage Queso Dip

Guacamole

Peanut butter and caramel brownies-these are unreal!

All simple and effective. Now what say you on this Independence day? Always interested in the boards recipes. Happy 4th everyone!!

Flying down to Palm Springs this afternoon to spend the weekend with friends so I don't know at this point. All I do know is there's going to be lots of booze. My wife said this morning we're going to have to pick up a case of Champagne.

smoked beef brisket (beerbawl's recipe)

jalapeno hot links

Cole slaw (dad's recipe)

baked beans (make it up as I go along)

Beer (Sam Adams Shiner Bock's recipe)

jalapeno hit links you say?? Do tell, or is the recipe sacred?

Ribeyes and beer

Fine choice. Me and wife have perhaps 1 steak per month. I buy when the markets offer the low price for what they like to call a "family" pack...generally 3 or 4. I scrape 'em off, wrap them in wax paper then aluminum foil, and into the freezer they go.

Cheap good eats, dev. :unsure:

Flying down to Palm Springs this afternoon to spend the weekend with friends so I don't know at this point. All I do know is there's going to be lots of booze. My wife said this morning we're going to have to pick up a case of Champagne.

A case? wow... either a large crowd or some serious drinking. Have fun.

Thinking about spending my extended weekend watching Band of Brothers, Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, and other similarly themed movies

Drink a Dos Equis and call yourself the most interesting man in the world while you are at it...

Seriously Sounds like a good plan to me :unsure::)

Drink a Dos Equis and call yourself the most interesting man in the world while you are at it...

Seriously Sounds like a good plan to me :unsure::blink:

Actually I have Dos Equis, Amber and Lager, in the cooler. "Stay thirsty my friend."

I am doing a veggie thing for Mrs Rock and some guests: pan grilled onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, pea pods, etc. Also grilling corn on the cob and eggplant slices. For me, I will add some strip steak on the side.

It is supposed to be very hot and we will be right next to the pool. :)