In Gaily's last interview he said he has 3! guys not 4?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When asked about the pecking order of the QBs...? is Brown not in the mix? or did I miss something?

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...f2-b15f0c68758d

If you have been paying attention to OTAs Levi Brown has been the last guy getting reps and he's getting far fewer than the other 3. I'm sure the pessimist crowd will read that as Brown is a bust, but it's probably more likely that Chan knows Levi will be holding a clipboard for a season or two and that his real starter will be either Brohm, Edwards or Fitz.

PTR

If you have been paying attention to OTAs Levi Brown has been the last guy getting reps and he's getting far fewer than the other 3. I'm sure the pessimist crowd will read that as Brown is a bust, but it's probably more likely that Chan knows Levi will be holding a clipboard for a season or two and that his real starter will be either Brohm, Edwards or Fitz.

PTR

7th round QBs can't be busts.

PTR

Ok I just thought he would still put him in his number of QB because it did also say "everyone still has a chance"

Realistically I think I had as much chance as Levi THIS YEAR. Who knows in the future but there is a reason he lasted till the 7th. And yes I know Tom Brady went in the 6th but he only got to start because Bledsoe got hurt. I suspect Levi will be on the practice squad this year which is just fine.

PTR

His remarks is about who will the starter be. Brown has no chance at starting and he and the Bills know this. 4 QB's and 3 fighting to start.

When asked about the pecking order of the QBs...? is Brown not in the mix? or did I miss something?

There is no way that Brown is ready to start in the NFL, he is more of a project. They would only be wasting valuable practice time putting him in the mix and giving him equal reps. I don't believe he has ever been in the mix for the starting position, but he may be the only one whose roster spot is secure, probably going to be the #3 for a year or two at least before he is even given a chance to win the starting spot.

It's tough to compete against such accomplished stars as Edwards, Fitzpatrick, and Brohm.

Levi needs at least a couple of 7-9 seasons to be considered along side the "big three."

I also find it interesting that Levi Brown has become an afterthought. When he was drafted, Gailey said in interviews that all 4 QB's could compete for the job -- that it was wide open. Now, Gailey is saying something different.

Brown probably SHOULD hold a clipboard this year and pick things up slowly, so I really don't have a big problem with this direction, but it does indeed contrast what Gaily said in earlier interviews.

I also find it interesting that Levi Brown has become an afterthought. When he was drafted, Gailey said in interviews that all 4 QB's could compete for the job -- that it was wide open. Now, Gailey is saying something different.

Brown probably SHOULD hold a clipboard this year and pick things up slowly, so I really don't have a big problem with this direction, but it does indeed contrast what Gaily said in earlier interviews.

I think there was a competition and Levi Brown has already proven he is not ready to compete with the other qb's on the roster.

I think the only thing he'll be holding this year during the games is a drink.

Levi is headed for the practice squad I think.

Doubtful. If they think he has anything worth developing, they're not going to risk cutting him and putting him on the PS and have what happened with GB and Brohm. If they don't think he has anything, he'll be cut.

I think there was a competition and Levi Brown has already proven he is not ready to compete with the other qb's on the roster.

I think the only thing he'll be holding this year during the games is a drink.

Yeah, you're probably right. It's just that I never really heard any negative feedback on Brown. Seems like he was accurate in practice and so on. However, the coaches should know -- they are there. They probably did realize fairly soon that Brown wasn't going to step right into the role. But it all just kind of happened w/o any communication. One day Gailey says 4 can compete for the job and next thing you know he says 3 can compete for the job and never any discussion as to why. I guess "why" in this case is fairly obvious and so maybe Gailey didn't feel the need to state the obvious. Who knows.

Strange thing I've noticed about peoples' reaction to the draft. When most positions are drafted, there are pretty much zero expectations if they were drafted after the 3rd round. When a QB is drafted, on the other hand, it seems that he's expected to compete for the starting job no matter what round he was taken in.

Yeah, you're probably right. It's just that I never really heard any negative feedback on Brown. Seems like he was accurate in practice and so on. However, the coaches should know -- they are there. They probably did realize fairly soon that Brown wasn't going to step right into the role. But it all just kind of happened w/o any communication. One day Gailey says 4 can compete for the job and next thing you know he says 3 can compete for the job and never any discussion as to why. I guess "why" in this case is fairly obvious and so maybe Gailey didn't feel the need to state the obvious. Who knows.

It's just asking a lot of a rook especially with limited practice time and no clear cut starter so there are even less reps for him. I think he'll easily slip onto the practice squad because he won't get that many reps during the preseason either. We'll barely know what he can do, other teams won't see much and the will probably have another qb on their roster that is a developmental guy.