Derrick Mason Defends T.O.

H2o

There's a difference between watching and seeing, George. Your silly claim that TO gave up on Trent's passes, but not Fitz', has no basis in fact.

And newsflash, TO has been dropping passes his whole career. If you recall, in the game that made him a star, the 1998 playoff game against the Packers, he dropped several passes before catching the game-winning TD. Yet he still ranks in the top-3 in every major receiving category in NFL history. Go figure!

I don't think TO's lack of concentration had anything to do with who was throwing the ball...but he did have a number of "minimal effort" outings with Buffalo. When he is happy, he plays all out...when he is not, not so much...like I said before, I don't think TO really gave a flip about the Bills winning games or not last season...2009 was his character rehabilitation tour. He did well in that area, and though I was not a fan of the move to bring him to Buffalo, I will admit, his prescence was one of the only interesting things about the Bills offense. But, more often than not, his effort was disappointing.

i dont think mason was saying people are blaming TO for what happened to the entire bills offense

i think hes saying that people are viewing TOs major dropoff in production as a sign hes washed up, and that it was actually the bills horrible offense that caused most of TO getting about half of what he would have almost any where else

another way to look at it is imagine how horrible the offense would have been if TO hadnt been a legit threat on the other side

and i agree. last season was one of the worst offenses ive ever seen in bflo, primarily because the OLine became a bad joke when it came to pass protecting. the qbs were under so much pressure that even on plays that the qbs werent running for their life they couldnt relax and play confident cuz they were scared from the previous ten plays where they were

this sorta reminds me of when trent edwards said he wasnt a fan of the bills he was a player. the statement was completely accurate and mature, and yet people completely misconstrued it to believe trent was saying he doesnt care about the bills. of course thats not what he was saying but people did and still use their wrong interpretation against him

i dont think mason was saying people are blaming TO for what happened to the entire bills offense

i think hes saying that people are viewing TOs major dropoff in production as a sign hes washed up, and that it was actually the bills horrible offense that caused most of TO getting about half of what he would have almost any where else

another way to look at it is imagine how horrible the offense would have been if TO hadnt been a legit threat on the other side

and i agree. last season was one of the worst offenses ive ever seen in bflo, primarily because the OLine became a bad joke when it came to pass protecting. the qbs were under so much pressure that even on plays that the qbs werent running for their life they couldnt relax and play confident cuz they were scared from the previous ten plays where they were

this sorta reminds me of when trent edwards said he wasnt a fan of the bills he was a player. the statement was completely accurate and mature, and yet people completely misconstrued it to believe trent was saying he doesnt care about the bills. of course thats not what he was saying but people did and still use their wrong interpretation against him

The Bills offense the year before TO was no worse than with him. I think it will be at least as good this year now that he's gone.

He's gone. He left no mark on this team.

The Bills offense the year before TO was no worse than with him. I think it will be at least as good this year now that he's gone.

That's hardly a stretch on your part. Given the "Pop Warner" nature of the schemes, on top of trying to implement the no-huddle, which they had no business running, and firing the OC and cutting the LT just days before the season started, it's not surprise the offense sucked, and sucked more than the year before.

He's gone. He left no mark on this team.

Sure he did. He was the leading receiver for the Bills. As the #2 WR. Now the Bills have no clear-cut #2 WR.

Only treated as a scapegoat here.....Or treated like he's trash and washed up. Not a defender of TO but I think if we had Brett Favre or Steve Young or any Hall Of Famer on our team the last few years......many would only condemn.

All I am saying is = Team Sport. When O'line sucks. many people only blame the QB.

Team sport. I think Owens can catch the ball (well most of the time).

GO BILLS!

I agree on both accounts. Sure, he took a couple of games "off," but that hardly contributed to any losses. I'd say 14/16 games, he acted professionally and played pretty well. Everyone knows his hands aren't the best. His hands were terrible in Dallas, too!! But again ... his hands didn't lose any Bills games. If everyone else on the team worked as hard as T.O., we'd be perennial playoff contenders. The guy's work ethic is insane.

However .. it is, indeed, time to get younger at that position. As badly as I feel for Evans, in the long run, the development of the young guys is going to do a lot more for him and for the team.

I wish T.O. nothing but the best. Mason is an idiot.

Go Bills!

I agree completely. He made the most of his limited opportunities in our festering turd of an offense, comported himself with class and restraint off the field and didn't lose his cool when we tanked. I haven't heard a single negative thing about him from the FO either.