Who has gone on to the best career post football for the Bills?

boyst

What former Bill has gone on to have the best career after leaving? Any I am missing?

Jack Kemp, Senator

Steve Tasker, broadcaster

Don Beebe, coach

Frank Reich, Coach

Dean Cain, actor?

OJ Simpson, murder and criminal

Travis Henry, drug runner

Ross Tucker, Radio host

Mark Kelso, commentator

Ray Bentley, TV analyst

Joe Ferguson, former Coach at Alabama

James Lofton - WR Coach for Chargers

If you go on mere fame post-career, it has to be OJ. Jack Kemp must be the most successful, though.

Who else has done what else?

i dont know man. if youre talking most succussful then id still go with oj. he was successful in everything he did

he was dominating as an nfl running back

he had a long movie career

he killed two people and successfully got away with it scott free

i mean he does it all. hes a triple threat and then some

i guess he wasnt very good in collectables tho

What former Bill has gone on to have the best career after leaving? Any I am missing?

Jack Kemp, Senator

Don Beebe, coach

Frank Reich, Coach

Dean Cain, actor?

Ross Tucker, Radio host

Mark Kelso, commentator

Ray Bentley, TV analyst

If you go on mere fame post-career, it has to be OJ. Jack Kemp must be the most successful, though.

I have to give props to Ahmad Rahshad. He turned a decent pro-football career into an NFL broadcasting gig, and then, parlayed a friendship with Michael Jordan into a Hollywood marriage (Phylisha Rahshad- "Mrs Cosby", now divorced, and with a young hottie), and a seemingly lifetime gig as an NBA broadcaster. He has been in broadcasting for about 30 years, and he isn't particularly good at it. What a life...

btw- don't leave out Paul Maguire, Chris Spielman and Marcellus Wiley off your list of ex-Bills in broadcasting. I realize most here hate Maguire, but I can't figure out why...I always enjoyed his work...

The real question you are asking here is this one: What is success?

If your answer is accomplishing generally laudable tasks in your chosen profession, you would pick a person (with variations based on folks judgments about what is or is not laudable. If you judged success as having the impact you wanted on the most people your choice might be different than if you define success as having any impact on the most people you might choose another person.

Personally, I would likely judge Jack Kemp as being the most successful as he was able to translate his fame and football accomplishments into a different career (member of Congress) and it was a pretty direct translation as he was able to gain a nationally influential seat by using his fame to command the seat with local political power.

Through being a very bright guy, he was able to not simply use this seat gained through local power as a means to line the pockets of his local friends, but was able to translate this into having significant influence on national politics through efforts like the Kemp/Roth bill.

Yet, ultimately he failed in his efforts to translate his locally based political wins in his Congressional seat into national power with his failed runs at the Presidency. Ultimately, I am quite glad he failed at his biggest efforts as I think in general his conservative ideas were no way for this country to accomplish great things.

My sense is that ultimately as his biggest ideas were simply incorporated into the American machine and really did not change the way our country worked (we were fiscally irresponsible before Kemp/Roth and we were fiscally irresponsible after, it is a fair question to raise as to though his actions made a big difference in how we did things as a nation it did not change the eventual outcomes and effects of what we did.

Like OJ, in the end Kemps actions may have changed the way things happen but they were full of sound and fury but signified nothing.

If your answer is accomplishing generally laudable tasks in your chosen profession, you would pick a person (with variations based on folks judgments about what is or is not laudable. If you judged success as having the impact you wanted on the most people your choice might be different than if you define success as having any impact on the most people you might choose another person.

Personally, I would likely judge Jack Kemp as being the most successful as he was able to translate his fame and football accomplishments into a different career (member of Congress) and it was a pretty direct translation as he was able to gain a nationally influential seat by using his fame to command the seat with local political power.

Through being a very bright guy, he was able to not simply use this seat gained through local power as a means to line the pockets of his local friends, but was able to translate this into having significant influence on national politics through efforts like the Kemp/Roth bill.

Yet, ultimately he failed in his efforts to translate his locally based political wins in his Congressional seat into national power with his failed runs at the Presidency. Ultimately, I am quite glad he failed at his biggest efforts as I think in general his conservative ideas were no way for this country to accomplish great things.

My sense is that ultimately as his biggest ideas were simply incorporated into the American machine and really did not change the way our country worked (we were fiscally irresponsible before Kemp/Roth and we were fiscally irresponsible after, it is a fair question to raise as to though his actions made a big difference in how we did things as a nation it did not change the eventual outcomes and effects of what we did.

Like OJ, in the end Kemps actions may have changed the way things happen but they were full of sound and fury but signified nothing.

Kemp was the leader of H.U.D. and had a lot of influence on policy.

As for signifying nothing, look at politicians with a long lens, and they all turn out that way. Kemp had a lot of influence in terms of short and even medium-range effects of his views and politics.

I was never a huge Kemp fan as a politician, but I admired the way that he thought for himself and on different issues, took stances from all over the political spectrum.

Jack Kemp, Senator

Don Beebe, coach

Frank Reich, Coach

Dean Cain, actor?

Ross Tucker, Radio host

Mark Kelso, commentator

Ray Bentley, TV analyst

Kemp by far.

Yawn