Pessimistic Fans Should be Heard Too

mpl6876

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the label for the group of Bills fans that are content to wait and see what happens on the field, don't subscribe to miracles reflexively, but are still hopeful of a positive change?

Well adjusted.

Thanks, I would like to thank you and most everyone else for being thoughtful, professional, and curtious listeners.

Just wanted to have most all my thoughts on one posting. After about week 8, I will refer this Special Posting" to so many of my fans here.

Another favorite quote of mine " He who laughs last laughs the loudest."

I wonder if you could possibly be any more of a self important, mindless little troll? You yap constantly with the same opinions, offer nothing in the way of real analysis, and congratulate yourself for your insights. Get over yourself.

I wonder if you could possibly be any more of a self important, mindless little troll? You yap constantly with the same opinions, offer nothing in the way of real analysis, and congratulate yourself for your insights. Get over yourself.

He is not a bills fan. He is a troll.

but what if you laugh, and then i laugh, and then you laugh, and someone like Beerball laugh's, and then we all start laughing, and it's nearly impossible to figure out who actually laughed last because somone guffawed right at the end, which proved your quote wrong, and then it winds up being like "last post wins" and this laughing fit goes on for say 390 pages, because few of us have had the superior sense of self-importance to refer to anything that we've posted as being "special," which actually might be the most laughable thing about this, aside from the fact that you've included "all" of "your thoughts" in one posting, which is both laughable and a little sad.

so let's begin: Ha!

jw

I can pretty much guarantee that will not happen.

Why shouldn't we have our separate little forum?

Offense

(1) No new QB - this core is one of the worst in the NFL.

Front office response draft Levi Jones and stick with what we have.....

No Clausen, No Mcnabb, No Tebow, No McCoy, No Campbell. Clearly, the opportunites were there to "upgrade" the

position.

(2) Weak offensive line with a medicore center, unproven and inexperienced left tackle, and a medicore RT.

Front office response Draft Wang and stick with who we have.

Basically, we are starting the same OL we had as last year with the exception of RT. Which by the way Butler was/is better than Green. The OL wasn't good last year and I don't think it will be much better this year. Perhaps, slightly better but that's still not very good.

(3) Very weak wide recievers. Besides Lee Evans who else do we have? A bunch of let's hope and see. I'll be watching...

Front office response draft Easley a "raw" one year wonder out of UCONN.

(4) Not a believer that Coach Galiey is some magican who can wave his magic wand and make this offense productive. A coach still needs to have the players....

(5) Will we ever have a receiving TE who can split the seam of the defense downfield? I was hoping Nelson could be that guy but who knows...All the other TE are big bodied guys with no vertical threat.

Offensive Summary

How the hell are the Bills going to win games with that many offensive holes, issues and lack of personell?

Teams will "stack the box" and squat on the short routes thus taking away our running game. Force the Bills to beat them deep which hasn't happened in years and I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Defense

(1) I love the switch to the 3-4. Coach Edwards has his hands full. Lots and lots of adjustments and learning to do. NFL

facts show that this transition takes time and we will be no different.

Good front office move with growing pains..

(2) Who is going to rush the QB? Schobel is gone and he is our best pass rusher. Even with him, our pass rush sucked. I don't know how we are going to pressure the QB. I am not sold on Maybin or anyone else on our roster?

Front office response ???????

(3) How are we going to stop the run? We haven't been able to stop the run for years. One of the wrost in the NFL for the last 2-3 years and counting.

Front office response draft Troup with the second pick.

What were they thinking?????They could have drafted this guys in the 4th, 5th or 6th round. This guy is light in the ass (315) and will take time to develop. Fills a need but he will do little this year and we reached for him. Mt Cody and Cam Thomas were still on the board too.

Defensive Summary

Teams will continue to run on us because the pieces still aren't in place to stop the run. A work in progress

Teams will be able to pass on us due to the lack of pass rush.

Our Linebackers will face passing mismatches that teams will exploit.

Our secondary is very good but they can't hold of the recievers forever.

Overall summary

This year is going to be ugly. At best 6 wins but more likely 4-5 wins. At worst 3 wins.

Of course there will be key injuries to players that make us less effective. It is just part of football and many fans don't take this into consideration.

JUST ONE GUYS SUBJECTIVE BREAKDOWN....... NEVERTHELES, A BILLS FAN FOR LIFE!

I have grumbled about the Bills on here for a while now...I got lectured for being so negative when I felt as though I was being realistic in my assesment of the Bills. I tried being an optimist for a week and put a positive spin on things. But, I really had to dig deep and hard to reach optimistic conclusions on most fronts. I really think the Bills are a 5-11 team this year and I have been saying that before the schedule even came out. Looking at the schedule I am concerned that the Bills may not even reach that win total. They would have to beat the teams they should beat like K.C. and Detroit and have to pull one or two out of the hat as they are over matched early and often. They may be able to beat Jacksonville, and should be able to beat Cleveland, but they have not fared well even against them the past few years.

This organization sure have made some head scratching moves over the past several years in hirings, firings, and selecting personnel in the draft. I still don't understand how the heck we selected Maybin over B. Orakapo at DE. That was such a gift and we turned it down without an afterthought! This year our 2 most pressing needs were OLT and QB and we

waited until late in the draft and took chances on projects that are iffy at best! QB is almost always a chancy selection in the draft except for maybe Peyton Manning, and these upper management people in the Bills War room are not willing to take a chance on a potential franchise QB.

The Bills just about always shock me with their inept assesment of college talent. I mean these people are supposed to be experts, and it's not just talent...but they fail to recognize the need to fill holes that they often create themselves by not being willing to pay a player NFL value prior to them jumping ship in FA. It's really self-defeating creating additional holes each year when your ship is sinking! Nate Clements, Jabari Greer, Anwoine Winfield, Pat Williams, and you could just continue to add names to that list. Unfortunately, the Bills have not even adequately filled those holes that have accumulated over the past several years. Who did we ever replace Pat Williams with? Were they as good? No! etc....

I just hope that when the time comes that Jim Kelly and his associates come up with the necessary funds to keep this team in Buffalo and take a different approach than this organization from top to bottom currently takes. There is a reason why

successful GM's typically win, and the same teams are winners.....then slouch and rebuild...and become winners again...look at Indy with Bill Polian...He brings winning wherever he goes. He knows the winning formula and is not hindered by his owner. Pittsburgh is a winning organization, and New England will bounce back and knows about winning. San Diego has been in and out and back in the winning frenzy over the years. These are all good organizations and the Bills are just a cut above Detroit which may change after Detroit's last couple of drafts.

I am not typically a pessimist, but I am pessimistic about the Bills of 2010-2011 with reason to be. I hope for the best and expect the worst. If nothing else, I hope Trent Edwards's GPS points him to a new destination by years end. I'll root for him, and then if there is pressure, or he's playing a good team, or it's snowing, raining, windy, muddy, loud, or his head hurts he'll probably fall apart or get injured once again! History, just like in winning tends to repeat itself. We haven't made

the necessary to make the appropriate roster changes to indicate any changes in the wind! 5-11

What is the label for the group of Bills fans that are content to wait and see what happens on the field, don't subscribe to miracles reflexively, but are still hopeful of a positive change?

I think that is the best approach. My model is the NE game on Monday night last year. First game of the year and they had the win wrapped up on the road against a good team. Then all the injuries and inept coaching, etc. kicked in. I think Gailey will have them as ready to go as Jauron ever did and I think against Miami opening day I see us winning at home. Then we'll see what can be accomplished week by week.

One thing the national media and some local fans just can't accept is that Nix and Gailey are confident they can field a good team even with Bell and co. at LT and the current QBs. Gailey says he really likes Bell and that he is very athletic. The national media can't accept that even though they haven't watched all of Bell's tape and Gailey has. The point is Nix and co. had a chance to draft QBs and LTs early in the draft or go after a FA and they didn't. They are either the total idiots the national media says they are or they actually know more about this team's personnel needs than the media does.

Time will tell.

Agreed, Ms. Cable. Being a fan or even a player isnt about pessimism. Realism is one thing, pessimism is wrong in football. This mpl clown is a wimp and not a bills fan.

Reminds me of a story I would like to tell you. My older brother was in his teens and attending Bishop Timon High School. It was known to have strict Jesuit priests in charge of maintaining discipline. My brother was a freshman and new to the school. He broke the rules when he was caught talking in the hallway. A Jesuit priest named Father Tim was the head disciplinarian. He observed my brother's actions and accordingly slapped my brother in the left side of his cheek. My brother looked at father Tim exposed his right cheek and responded " father the good book says to turn the other cheek."

Reminds me of a story I would like to tell you. My older brother was in his teens and attending Bishop Timon High School. It was known to have strict Jesuit priests in charge of maintaining discipline. My brother was a freshman and new to the school. He broke the rules when he was caught talking in the hallway. A Jesuit priest named Father Tim was the head disciplinarian. He observed my brother's actions and accordingly slapped my brother in the left side of his cheek. My brother looked at father Tim exposed his right cheek and responded " father the good book says to turn the other cheek."

Are you telling us to use the ignore button?

I think that is the best approach. My model is the NE game on Monday night last year. First game of the year and they had the win wrapped up on the road against a good team. Then all the injuries and inept coaching, etc. kicked in. I think Gailey will have them as ready to go as Jauron ever did and I think against Miami opening day I see us winning at home. Then we'll see what can be accomplished week by week.

One thing the national media and some local fans just can't accept is that Nix and Gailey are confident they can field a good team even with Bell and co. at LT and the current QBs. Gailey says he really likes Bell and that he is very athletic. The national media can't accept that even though they haven't watched all of Bell's tape and Gailey has. The point is Nix and co. had a chance to draft QBs and LTs early in the draft or go after a FA and they didn't. They are either the total idiots the national media says they are or they actually know more about this team's personnel needs than the media does.

Time will tell.

In terms of draft philosophy, I think Nix is a Best Player Available sort of guy. In principle, what good does it do a team to throw high draft picks at positions of need if deep down your evaluation says you really don't think the talent is there at that position? It's how you end up with a pick like Maybin, quite frankly. If you have outstanding depth at a position, it gives you more options in terms of planning, contracts, and trades. Look at what San Diego does; that is the school that Buddy Nix came up in.

In terms of draft philosophy, I think Nix is a Best Player Available sort of guy. In principle, what good does it do a team to throw high draft picks at positions of need if deep down your evaluation says you really don't think the talent is there at that position? It's how you end up with a pick like Maybin, quite frankly. If you have outstanding depth at a position, it gives you more options in terms of planning, contracts, and trades. Look at what San Diego does; that is the school that Buddy Nix came up in.

The Bills had their pick of Maybin and Orakpo and chose Maybin. To whoever made the selection last year, that was BPA and need.