New QB in big B

Forget Masoli, I'll tell you who we may see in blue pretty soon. Troy Smith. Baltimore just signed Marc Bulger to a 1 year $3.8 million deal, according to ESPN. That clears the way for Smith to get out of town like he's wanted for awhile now. And he'll certainly look our way if he does become free.

He'd be the favorite to take over Chan's O in my opinion. And he'd probably come cheaper than Fitzpatrick or at least in the same ballpark. Lee could finally see an accurate deep ball again. And this guy's actually avoided a pass rush in the past, which is interesting...

Cheers :censored:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget Masoli, I'll tell you who we may see in blue pretty soon. Troy Smith. Baltimore just signed Marc Bulger to a 1 year $3.8 million deal, according to ESPN. That clears the way for Smith to get out of town like he's wanted for awhile now. And he'll certainly look our way if he does become free.

He'd be the favorite to take over Chan's O in my opinion. And he'd probably come cheaper than Fitzpatrick or at least in the same ballpark. Lee could finally see an accurate deep ball again. And this guy's actually avoided a pass rush in the past, which is interesting...

Gosh, good eye. I've had my eye on Troy Smith for a while as well. I'm biased tho cause I like the Buckeyes. If Troy could be had for something minimal and Chan thinks he can mold him into something worthwhile then, perhaps, just maybe, possibly... I think Chan has thought about it, but he hasn't pulled the trigger to make it happen so i doubt it will. I would certainly be intrigued if Troy came to us though. But if Chan overpaid i would be a bit upset. Troy still has promise.

Why are you still predicting new quarterbacks coming to the Bills this season? Chan is set at QB, end of story. He and his "OC" Modkins, and QB coach What's His Name, from Canada, are all convinced they have the answers to bring out the "NFL Starting caliber" out of one of these four guys already on the roster. Please stop thinking Buddy is even interested in adding anyone else for 2010.

We have already got 4 developmental QB's...why would we add a 5th before we have figured out how these guys can do in his offense?

Troy Smith? Boy are we desperate for a QB or what? The guy sucked as a passer even at Ohio State and now you want him? You have to be kidding...

The QBs we have on the roster suck. The Bills have missed the playoffs for a decade. Yes, I'd say we are desperate.

Troy Smith? Boy are we desperate for a QB or what? The guy sucked as a passer even at Ohio State and now you want him? You have to be kidding...

Yes mpl. would be open to his consideration at a low minimilized price. Considering we don't have pro bowl qb's on hand, nothing wrong with being open minded to a former college all pro. Not saying he will light it up ever. But you should never be close minded if the price is right. In this case the price would prolly be quite low. So not much to complain about.

I was all for trying to get him earlier.

He did not suck in Baltimore, he did well (but not great) in a few seasons in Baltimore, he got sick in the offseason and had to be replaced with Joe Flacco who lit it up as the starter and they couldn't go back to Smith. Smith was only moved to #2 because Flacco played even better and the team started winning more.

Why not bring him in?

Smith has certainly improved since Ohio State, where he had two left arms. He is a clutch player and has deceptive athleticism. Let him run the single wing.

sheeite, my other handle is Wing. how about the Wing-T

sheeite, my other handle is Wing. how about the Wing-T

3 backs which we have, misdirection, cross blocking, counters, gut blocks, traps up the belly, oh my gosh, remembering the good ol days. Sorry remembering HS. Pounding guys up the middle til they yell Mamma!

So keep two fullbacks on the roster and let Jackson or Roscoe be quarterback? Roscoe was a qb in high school.

If Roscoe could consistently throw for over 30 yards plus to make the D honest, then i would consider your idea Hossage.

If we could learn to shift at a lightning's pace and start the play before the D could shift and react, then wow. We would have them by the Ballz

Why are you still predicting new quarterbacks coming to the Bills this season? Chan is set at QB, end of story. He and his "OC" Modkins, and QB coach What's His Name, from Canada, are all convinced they have the answers to bring out the "NFL Starting caliber" out of one of these four guys already on the roster. Please stop thinking Buddy is even interested in adding anyone else for 2010.

And you know this how?

You're probably right, but you're guessing and you ought to know it.

Since there could be more than 20+ additional scrub QB's cut over the next few month we should consolidate the QB free agent de jour list into one thread.

Hey TSW, we need to get __________ (insert name below)

McNabb (the only one worth a damn)

Campbell

Losman

Troy Smith

Bulger

Thigpen

Charlie Batch

Kyle Boller

David Carr

Brodie Croyle

Daunte Culpepper

Charlie Frye

Rex Grossman

Joey Harrington

Jon Kitna

Chris Redman

Brett Ratliff

-------------------------

Reply- No _________(same name as above) sucks and we already have 4 projects....