Your Top PS3 games

Rubes

Just got me a PS3, and since I'm new to consoles (and haven't played many AAA games on the computer lately, either) I was wondering what everybody thinks are a few of the best ones you'd check out from the start.

When I picked it up I found cheap copies of Assassin's Creed and GTA IV, so I started off with those. Had to see what all of the hype was about. So far, AC looks pretty f'ing amazing (especially in 1080p).

Others?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got me a PS3, and since I'm new to consoles (and haven't played many AAA games on the computer lately, either) I was wondering what everybody thinks are a few of the best ones you'd check out from the start.

When I picked it up I found cheap copies of Assassin's Creed and GTA IV, so I started off with those. Had to see what all of the hype was about. So far, AC looks pretty f'ing amazing (especially in 1080p).

Others?

Resistance: Fall of Man

college football/pro football EA Sports

Call of Duty Modern Warfare

just got a PS3 back in February and I'm not a big gamer, but I will recommend:

Red Dead Redemption - Cant say enough about this game. GTA3 made the PS2 a worthwhile purchase. This game (also from Rockstar) is the same for my PS3. I think about this game while at work or in traffic. I look forward to the end of the night when I can play it. That is all very rare for me. It's GTA but in the Wild West. Get it today. It's a game that you can play forever and not get bored. Not sure if you are into the online/multiplayer stuff (I havent gotten into it yet), but it's supposed to be amazing as well. A bunch of free online content and missions, or just ride around and challenge people to duals all day. Get this game.

Dante's Inferno - In the same vein as God of War 3. Cool to play through, but I dont know that I'll go back to it now that I've finished it. Still very cool battling your way through the different rings of hell. Definitely should not play it if there are kids around though.

Red Dead Redemption

Dante's Inferno

Both games are available for the 360 as well (as is Dead Space and CoD) for those following the thread with an Xbox instead of PS3.

I haven't played RDR yet, but some coworkers have it and love it.

one of the best features of the PS3 are the free demos. i'm pretty particular about games so i've downloaded over 100 so far, and i've purchased a few. the demos are a tease but it's better to find out whether you like it or not by playing it before dropping 30, 40, 50 bucks or more. i also buy used games from well-rated ebay sellers. picked up NHL 09 for about $15 inc shipping and i love it, especially the online mode where there is always competition. the 'motorstorm' racing game series is a riot, and i've killed quite a few hours with 'zen pinball' too - all of these i found from the demos part of the playstation store.

Here is what I have.

-Tiger Woods, NHL, and Madden: I'm not even sure what year they are, but those are always fun to randomly break out

-Modern Warfare 2: exists soley for the multiplayer, can be ridiculously fun or ridiculously tedious depending on when you play

-Final Fantasy XIII: decent if you liked those games in the past

-Ghostbusters: if you liked these movies, you'll enjoy this game. you can probably get it pretty cheap now too

-Red Dead Redemption: haven't had the chance to start it yet

-GTA4: always a safe bet

-Borderlands: pretty similar to Modern Warfare, but you can do co-op stuff online instead. very fun game

And if anyone wants to, my username on PS3 is shrader5. I'd rather listen to a Buffalo fan on Modern Warfare instead of those trash talking 6 year olds.

one of the best features of the PS3 are the free demos. i'm pretty particular about games so i've downloaded over 100 so far, and i've purchased a few. the demos are a tease but it's better to find out whether you like it or not by playing it before dropping 30, 40, 50 bucks or more.

agreed, first thing i did when i was bored with Madden (the game i bought with the console) was go download a ton of demos. some demos suck with regards to content they give you, but there are a few demos out there that give you enough to make a "free game" out of it.

I haven't played RDR yet, but some coworkers have it and love it.

normally i wait until about 11pm to start playing, after the gf has gone to bed. but she may get stuck watching tonight because this thread is making me want to play this game NOW.

ive had it for about 3 weeks, play it every night, and I'm about 30% complete. theres just so much to this game.

here is a trailer about the weapons, the game looks even better when playing. the environment they built is really impressive.

edit: one more thing and ill stop about this game. the song that plays as you ride into Mexico for the first time is amazing! I was lucky enough to time my ride at sunrise, through the Mexican Desert.

http://kotaku.com/5556788/my-highlight-of-...ion-isthis-song

Red Dead Redemption - Cant say enough about this game. GTA3 made the PS2 a worthwhile purchase. This game (also from Rockstar) is the same for my PS3. I think about this game while at work or in traffic. I look forward to the end of the night when I can play it. That is all very rare for me. It's GTA but in the Wild West. Get it today. It's a game that you can play forever and not get bored. Not sure if you are into the online/multiplayer stuff (I havent gotten into it yet), but it's supposed to be amazing as well. A bunch of free online content and missions, or just ride around and challenge people to duals all day. Get this game.

I bought RDR a few weeks ago, but haven't had time to get into it. Now I'm getting ready to head over-seas for a while, so it'll probably be months before I get a chance to play. :thumbsup:

To the original question, I've been playing INFAMOUS for a little while now and I'm having fun with it. I wouldn't place it in the "best of" category, but it's just a fun shoot em up type game with a good twist.

Top 10 PS3 games of all time (by review score)

1. Grand Theft Auto IV 97.01%

2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 96.41%

3. Red Dead Redemption 94.77%

4. LittleBigPlanet 94.67%

5. LittleBigPlanet: Game of the Year Edition 94.57%

6. BioShock 93.57%

7. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots 93.56%

8. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 93.54%

9. Street Fighter IV 93.36%

10. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 93.35%

http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/index.html

Here is what I have.

-Tiger Woods, NHL, and Madden: I'm not even sure what year they are, but those are always fun to randomly break out

-Modern Warfare 2: exists soley for the multiplayer, can be ridiculously fun or ridiculously tedious depending on when you play

-Final Fantasy XIII: decent if you liked those games in the past

-Ghostbusters: if you liked these movies, you'll enjoy this game. you can probably get it pretty cheap now too

-Red Dead Redemption: haven't had the chance to start it yet

-GTA4: always a safe bet

-Borderlands: pretty similar to Modern Warfare, but you can do co-op stuff online instead. very fun game

And if anyone wants to, my username on PS3 is shrader5. I'd rather listen to a Buffalo fan on Modern Warfare instead of those trash talking 6 year olds.

IMO, Borderlands is nothing like MW. Borderlands is more of an RPG and adventure game, commonly referred to as a "sandbox" game. If you meant they both involve use of guns, then yes they are similar.

2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 96.41%

7. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots 93.56%

:thumbsup::w00t::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Both great games that I played through in between classes last semester.

If you can get through an 80-hour game, Final Fantasy XIII is pretty damn good too.

Others?

I have a 360. AC is pretty awesome, but AC2 is so much better. I definitely recommend it once you beat AC. They are also coming out with a third in mid-November. GTA IV always has endless replay value for me. I also enjoy Tiger Woods and Madden.

I was wondering if I should get this game even though I'm not a big western fan. This just about seals it for me. Thanks. :thumbsup:

IMO, Borderlands is nothing like MW. Borderlands is more of an RPG and adventure game, commonly referred to as a "sandbox" game. If you meant they both involve use of guns, then yes they are similar.

I meant they're both first person shooters, but yeah, pretty different games in the big picture.

Oh, and how could I forget that I also have Metal Gear Solid 4? That game is an absolute must if you were big on that series. You might want to stay away from it though if you haven't played any of the others. I'd have to image it would be ridiculously confusing.

I own both a XBox-360 and a PS3 (Wasn't planning on getting one but I got a great deal one one that plays both PS3 and PS2/1 games) and I have to say that there are a lot of games that come out on both systems.

Having gotten a PS3 recently I have to say that God of War 3 and Metal Gear Solid 4 (Only if you are a fan of the series because if you don't get the story its not as epic as it should be) are both must plays. Looking to check out Uncharted 1 and 2 as well.

Also for some multi-platform games check out Bioshock 1 (Played it on 360 and it was really good), Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 and 2, Grand Theft Auto 4 (Check out Red Dead Redemption if you like GTA and wished it would be in the Wild West), and Final Fantasy 13 (If you like RPG's).

Overall I say that God of War 3 was one of the best games that I ever played it was just one badass action game that was non-stop epicness.

I have spent too much of my life playing video games.

I have not spent nearly enough of my life playing video games. I'm working to rectify that post haste.