Wood is back on the field

Doc

The middle of our line has two bulls at guard and a very intelligent center calling the line plays.

There is hope in Bills' land ... at least until we see them in real action.

But, Levitre and Wood are both the real thing ... two hard nosed guys who are smart and love to play.

This line could very well jell into something special ...

Got to love WOOD ... he just wants to play ... no whining ... no excuses ... just hit the field!

Where are all the people who were adamant that his injury was career ending????

To be fair, I don't think anyone was adamant about it. I think there were people who were seriously (and rightfully) concerned that he wouldn't be able to recover in time for the season opener.

But then again, maybe I missed those posts ...

To be fair, I don't think anyone was adamant about it. I think there were people who were seriously (and rightfully) concerned that he wouldn't be able to recover in time for the season opener.

But then again, maybe I missed those posts ...

Thanks for the positive note .... while I do not recall being alarmist when I initially saw the video of the injury I do recall thinking that the poor kid might not be able to make a comeback. I recall saying something to the effect of I hope he can come back. A significant number of variables were in play relative to his ability to do so.

Good news with all of this is that he is back. may he return to the same or better form.

I know I was affraid it was going to be career ending. Man Medicine has come a long long way.

Had my shattered ankle rebuilt in 1982 and it's perfectly fine. Almost 30 years later, medicine should have improved, just a bit.

I know I was affraid it was going to be career ending. Man Medicine has come a long long way.

More likely, the reports of him suffering clean breaks to the tibia and fibula, and no other structural, vascular, or nerve damage, were correct. Cleanly broken bone can heal back to original strength, whereas it's much harder with comminuted (multiple fractures). And other structural damage to tendons, ligaments, arteries, veins, or nerves only makes things worse.

More likely, the reports of him suffering clean breaks to the tibia and fibula, and no other structural, vascular, or nerve damage, were correct. Cleanly broken bone can heal back to original strength, whereas it's much harder with comminuted (multiple fractures). And other structural damage to tendons, ligaments, arteries, veins, or nerves only makes things worse.

Are you really a Doc?

....back to the post. this is great news, obviously. The sooner he gets back out there the better the line will be come opening day.