Oh the horror! We must protect the children!!!

Beerball

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Count Chocula, Capt n Crunch, Ronald McDonald (not a cartoon character of course) the Frito Bandito, Tony the Tiger, the Hawiian Punch guy, th Kool-aid guy. Yup we didn't have any of those cartoons when we were kids. Question, why were we all so skinny back then? My grandfather used to make fun of me all the time. "I can count your ribs kid."

I guess we didn't have as many characters on the packaging.

Count Chocula, Capt n Crunch, Ronald McDonald (not a cartoon character of course) the Frito Bandito, Tony the Tiger, the Hawiian Punch guy, th Kool-aid guy. Yup we didn't have any of those cartoons when we were kids. Question, why were we all so skinny back then? My grandfather used to make fun of me all the time. "I can count your ribs kid."

I guess we didn't have as many characters on the packaging.

Remember in school when there was always someone designated as "The Fat Kid", generally because there was only one of them?

Remember in school when there was always someone designated as "The Fat Kid", generally because there was only one of them?

And he was usually called "Chunk". Now there probably is the designated "Skinny Kid" probably called "Bean".

no ****. And back then that kid was chubby, not obese like the majority of kids today. I blame video games, MTV, parents. When we were kids we played outside all day. We knew how to entertain ourselves and did not require constant stimulation. This generation is collectively obese, and ADD and diabetes are an epidemic

One other thing I notice is just about every family I know the children are incredibly picky. We ate whatever was put in front of us, no matter if we liked it or not. Throwing away food was not an option

Then there is the Man Versus Food Channel- the station formerly known as the Travel Channel. No matter what day or time I flip to that station it is that dude eating huge piles of food. The rare occasion he is not on that fat !@#$ Andrew Zimmer is. Not only is he obese, he constantly talks while chewing food. Lovely

ok, the kids WANT to eat the food with the cartoon character, but who is feeding them this junk?

oh right. the ever-innocent parents.

Put cartoons on Brussel Sprouts and Broccoli. News flash- it's not the cartoons

LOL I am just in a mood for a rant today! One more rant before I head out. So yesterday I met some friends at my local bar, and there is a father there with his young daughter sitting on a barstool at the bar. WTF? A child never belongs at a bar! A bar should be a place where you can drop F-bombs, tell sordid stories, hook up with a cutie, discuss whatever topic you want no matter how inappropriate, etc- and not have to worry about a child sitting next to you. Take your kids to chucky cheese, not a bar!

One other thing I notice is just about every family I know the children are incredibly picky. We ate whatever was put in front of us, no matter if we liked it or not. Throwing away food was not an option

"Finish your creamed tuna on toast! Don't you know there's kids starving in China?"

"Well, then can we send this to them?"

Worst beating I ever got. And I was actually being sincere (hey, I was four. I thought sending creamed tuna on toast to China was a matter of handing it to the mailman.)

LOL I am just in a mood for a rant today! One more rant before I head out. So yesterday I met some friends at my local bar, and there is a father there with his young daughter sitting on a barstool at the bar. WTF? A child never belongs at a bar! A bar should be a place where you can drop F-bombs, tell sordid stories, hook up with a cutie, discuss whatever topic you want no matter how inappropriate, etc- and not have to worry about a child sitting next to you. Take your kids to chucky cheese, not a bar!

I used to feel the same way but my grandfather used to take us to the local tavern. Where the !@#$ do you think I learned to !@#$ing talk the way I do and drink the !@#$ing way I do. Grazi Eugenio. Little girls though...different story.

"Finish your creamed tuna on toast! Don't you know there's kids starving in China?"

"Well, then can we send this to them?"

Worst beating I ever got. And I was actually being sincere (hey, I was four. I thought sending creamed tuna on toast to China was a matter of handing it to the mailman.)

Creamed tuna on toast? Sounds worse than SOS.

I only bitched about a meal once and it was mac & cheese. I like mac & cheese and to this day I don't know why I bitched about it. Really hurt my mother's feelings. :thumbsup:

Creamed tuna on toast? Sounds worse than SOS.

I've had both. It is.

As I remember it, it's basically SOS made with canned tuna, with frozen peas thrown in for good measure. Might call it "puke on a shingle".

I've had both. It is.

As I remember it, it's basically SOS made with canned tuna, with frozen peas thrown in for good measure. Might call it "puke on a shingle".

But toss in some pasta put it in a casserole top it with bread crumbs and canned fried onions and you've got the feature recipe from Redbook 1957 Tuna Noodle Casserole. That's just good ****.

Not only that, but there were no substitutions provided. If you didn't like what was being served for dinner, you were free to go hungry until breakfast. The kitchen was closed.

I can't believe the people who have the attitude of "oh the kids didn't like the meatloaf so I ordered a pizza or pulled out the frozen waffles again". WTF -- no wonder they turn out as spoiled brats.

The fault is both with the manufacturers of increasingly unhealthy foods and with the parents who can't be bothered to understand what they are feeding their kids. It doesn't require that much effort to cook a decent meal, but fewer and fewer people want to be bothered, so the kids get another meal of processed crap. Newsflash: if it comes out of the frozen food aisle and isn't a veggie, it's probably very unhealthy.

People who want to blame the problem on cartoon characters need a punch in the head.

But toss in some pasta put it in a casserole top it with bread crumbs and canned fried onions and you've got the feature recipe from Redbook 1957 Tuna Noodle Casserole. That's just good ****.

Damn, that sounds good right now.

Put cartoons on Brussel Sprouts and Broccoli. News flash- it's not the cartoons

Amen, bro. You could cover Penelope Cruz in Brussels Sprouts and........and.......and...........

.....um.........what was I saying?

Not only that, but there were no substitutions provided. If you didn't like what was being served for dinner, you were free to go hungry until breakfast. The kitchen was closed.

I can't believe the people who have the attitude of "oh the kids didn't like the meatloaf so I ordered a pizza or pulled out the frozen waffles again". WTF -- no wonder they turn out as spoiled brats.

The fault is both with the manufacturers of increasingly unhealthy foods and with the parents who can't be bothered to understand what they are feeding their kids. It doesn't require that much effort to cook a decent meal, but fewer and fewer people want to be bothered, so the kids get another meal of processed crap. Newsflash: if it comes out of the frozen food aisle and isn't a veggie, it's probably very unhealthy.

People who want to blame the problem on cartoon characters need a punch in the head.

BY GOD ALL I HAD TO EAT WAS DIRT AND I LEARNED TO LIKE IT!!!!!!