Cops in Ohio can write speeding tickets

BLZFAN4LIFE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever happened to just driving smart instead of driving fast?

Example : Just today I went by three troopers sitting in u-turns while I had the cruise set for about 73mph in a 65. Not even a look from them. I wasn't tailgating anyone, I was in the right lane, and not flashing my lights at people to get out of my way. Who did one of them go after? The guy that had just passed me earlier going 80+, going from lane to lane, and hitting his brakes so hard when he saw the trooper that his front end dipped down.

Example : Just today I went by three troopers sitting in u-turns while I had the cruise set for about 73mph in a 65. Not even a look from them. I wasn't tailgating anyone, I was in the right lane, and not flashing my lights at people to get out of my way. Who did one of them go after? The guy that had just passed me earlier going 80+, going from lane to lane, and hitting his brakes so hard when he saw the trooper that his front end dipped down.

<sarcasm>

I sure hope they were using radar, otherwise we live in a police state and our rights are being violated.

effing pigs

</sarcasm>

That's nice, but doesn't always happen.

I've only had two tickets in my life. Was going 85 in a 65 for the first one - totally my fault (wasn't driving unsafe - Minnesota is flat, and there was no traffic around, but that's fine).

Second time I had the cruise control set to 69 in a 65, driving in the middle lane. Cop pulls me over and said I was doing 75. I wasn't and I told him as much. He told me my speedometer must be wrong (nevermind the fact that it says the same thing as the GPS when I use it :unsure: ).

To this day I think I should've fought it -- but I didn't because I couldn't get off of work (was leaving the company and I doubt they'd let me take a vacation day to go to court a few days before my last day).

This law makes it sound like I wouldn't have even had a shot at challenging it in court.

Police have no legal standing to arrest you for speeding or jaywalking. Firstly, the supreme court found a legal right to travel in the constitution. Secondly, since no person can claim you damaged them in any way, a jury cannot convict you. The police officer supports the legal fiction of the government, not a person. Therefore, if you enter no plea, and do not consent to trial, the court has no power over you.

Police pull you over for revenue. Government doesnt give a crap if you jaywalk or not. They just want a reason to have a law and enforce it. Thats how they get paid.

Stupid pigs, stupid laws, and stupid government makes people want to flaunt the rules and act out in any way they can. This black girl in the other thread thought she was being brave by taking on the annoying and oppressive system we live in, first by sauntering across the road in the way that people always do in the ghetto, and secondly by disrespecting the cop.

You cant make people better by hurting them.

I'm not Abbie Hoffman or any other type of hippie, I just dont happen to have Stockholm syndrome with my government like the rest of you statist pigs.

I'm not Abbie Hoffman or any other type of hippie, I just dont happen to have Stockholm syndrome with my government like the rest of you statist pigs.

If you don't like law and order, you can always leave. I hear Mexico is pretty much devoid of it right now. You should fit right in.

Police have no legal standing to arrest you for speeding or jaywalking. Firstly, the supreme court found a legal right to travel in the constitution. Secondly, since no person can claim you damaged them in any way, a jury cannot convict you. The police officer supports the legal fiction of the government, not a person. Therefore, if you enter no plea, and do not consent to trial, the court has no power over you.

Police pull you over for revenue. Government doesnt give a crap if you jaywalk or not. They just want a reason to have a law and enforce it. Thats how they get paid.

Stupid pigs, stupid laws, and stupid government makes people want to flaunt the rules and act out in any way they can. This black girl in the other thread thought she was being brave by taking on the annoying and oppressive system we live in, first by sauntering across the road in the way that people always do in the ghetto, and secondly by disrespecting the cop.

You cant make people better by hurting them.

Go hit the bong again dude........

You either need to learn the law or stop insulting people who dont share your point of view. I dont smoke pot.

Dude, sure you don't, but your crazy post about how the courts and govt. can't find you guilty if you don't consent to trial is just that, CRAZY. You probably don't pay your taxes based on your idea of how the courts/government are supposed to work.

For the record, I'm in federal law enforcement, so I think I am well versed in the law.

Also, radar has always been used to confirm the officers estimation of the speed of the car. If you run enough radar, you get really good at judging how fast someone is going. I used to be able to get within 1 or 2 mph just based on my visual observation, and back in the day wrote many tickets without radar and always won in court. But, go ahead, fight the tickets, just overtime for the cop!!!! I loved court days!!!

It is true that the courts dont often work the way they are supposed to. It is also highly improbable that a law enforcement officer is going to examine the legal basis for the law he enforces and find it lacking.

Government is a gun to your head.

It is true that the courts dont often work the way they are supposed to. It is also highly improbable that a law enforcement officer is going to examine the legal basis for the law he enforces and find it lacking.

Government is a gun to your head.

We're talking about speeding! I agree there are some laws that should not be enforced (they shouldn't be laws), but WE ARE TALKING ABOUT SPEEDING! Speeding is dangerous, it kills people every year.

You logic and argument is flawed, actually, I don't get your argument at all.

Why are cops allowed to speed, even when they're not chasing someone?

Perk of the job (just kidding)!

Actually, more and more cops are losing their jobs over this very thing with all the new technology out there. GPS transmitter that sends signal back to station showing where you are, how fast your driving, etc.

But also, a cop might not be chasing someone, but might still be responding to a call. Lights and sirens are not always a good thing.

Try and report a cop for speeding. See how far you get. That shows that they are not concerned about motorist safety; they arent working for us, they are working to get themselves paid. The police and courts are paid partly out of the fines they asses.

BB27, you have stated that because you are ignorant of my argument about the legal standing of police and speeders, my logic is flawed.

Standing to invoke a courts jurisdiction requires the allegation that a right has been violated.

Try and report a cop for speeding. See how far you get. That shows that they are not concerned about motorist safety; they arent working for us, they are working to get themselves paid. The police and courts are paid partly out of the fines they asses.

Tell that to the cop who comes to your house in the middle of the night when you have a problem. Ironically he/she will probably still help you.

My guess is you've seen the wrong side of law enforcement (specifically the inside of a jail cell)a few times and can't accept that they were right and you were wrong. How many times have you been arrested? Substance abuse problems? Beat the old lady a few times? It's okay, you're the victim here. Blame the cop, it's all thier fault......

Did I mention that you should go hit the bong again?