Cops in Ohio can write speeding tickets

BLZFAN4LIFE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell that to the cop who comes to your house in the middle of the night when you have a problem. Ironically he/she will probably still help you.

My guess is you've seen the wrong side of law enforcement

I don't know what the issue of legal standing in this case has to do with a cop failing to do his job for me. Perhaps you were trying to insult me instead of explaining this legal matter to me.

You are wrong to think that I have seen the wrong side of law enforcement and wrong to accuse me of doing drugs.

You are ignorant of what powers the government has and from from whence they are derived. Please research the requirements for legal standing, the powers of a grand jury, and the powers of the legal fiction which is government.

From the Supreme Court:

The requirement of standing, however, has a core component derived directly from the Constitution. A plaintiff must allege personal injury fairly traceable to the defendant's allegedly unlawful conduct and likely to be redressed by the requested relief.” Allen v. Wright, 468 U.S. 737, 751 (1984)

More explicit, standing requires the violation of a legally (government) recognized right. The Declaration of Independence proves this: “That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men…” And from the Arizona “constitution”: “governments…are established to protect and maintain individual rights.”

What's hard to understand?

Radar has not always been used as a basis of writing a speeding ticket.

Police can pace a car and determine the approximate speed and go off of that.

If the car is going in the opposite direction or across the view of the police they can still gauge the speed even if it is only "damn, that sucker is speeding."

My experience has always been that the police will estimate below the actual speed, perhaps on purpose.

Quit crying.

My experience is that they'll ticket you for 55 in a 35 based on a visual estimate of your speed at midnight from a mile away.

Of course, that was an Erie County Sherrif, who were (and still are, as far as I know) notorious for writing outlandishly bull **** tickets. But still...they do "make mistakes" or "lie through their teeth", depending on how generous you want to be.

Who hell fords the river? You lose all your oxen that way. The best choice is still to caulk your wagon and float it across.

This isn't the game Oregon Trail here. :thumbsup:

Who the hell fords a river in a "deeper than your wheels part?" That is where the natives come in... You think they will tell you for free where the real primo, shallow parts are? Go ahead and caulk your wagon, have a nice time time in St. Louis. :)

"The first section of the Oregon Trail bisected two major Native American tribes--the Cheyenne to the north and the Pawnee to the south. The emigrants worried about both. But the expected attacks did not come. In fact, there were many instances of Native American kindness--helping pull out stuck wagons; rescuing drowning emigrants; even rounding up lost cattleMost of the encounters with Native Americans were simple business transactions. The emigrants offered clothes, tobacco or rifles, in exchange for Native American horses or food."

I don't know what the issue of legal standing in this case has to do with a cop failing to do his job for me. Perhaps you were trying to insult me instead of explaining this legal matter to me.

You are wrong to think that I have seen the wrong side of law enforcement and wrong to accuse me of doing drugs.

You are ignorant of what powers the government has and from from whence they are derived. Please research the requirements for legal standing, the powers of a grand jury, and the powers of the legal fiction which is government.

From the Supreme Court:

The requirement of standing, however, has a core component derived directly from the Constitution. A plaintiff must allege personal injury fairly traceable to the defendant's allegedly unlawful conduct and likely to be redressed by the requested relief." Allen v. Wright, 468 U.S. 737, 751 (1984)

More explicit, standing requires the violation of a legally (government) recognized right. The Declaration of Independence proves this: "That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men…" And from the Arizona "constitution": "governments…are established to protect and maintain individual rights."

How do you NOT consent to a trial? You can't just blow it off? I understand that you may be able to make no plea.

I don't get many tickets (average, once every 5 or more years)... But I always fought them and got off more than I had to pay. The last two tickets the cop didn't show. They seemed annoyed in the court.

A long time ago... New York... The judge came right out and said that "you can't plead no contest." Can they do that?

How do you NOT consent to a trial? You can't just blow it off? I understand that you may be able to make no plea.

I don't get many tickets (average, once every 5 or more years)... But I always fought them and got off more than I had to pay. The last two tickets the cop didn't show. They seemed annoyed in the court.

A long time ago... New York... The judge came right out and said that "you can't plead no contest." Can they do that?

Exactly. A warrant would be issued for your arrest and you would be taken to court for that anyways. But lets not confuse this thread with reality now.

I don't get many tickets (average, once every 5 or more years)...

My average is 1 every 23 years. Only ticket was for speeding July 4th weekend back in 1991. Been pulled over numerous times though. Unless we're counting non-moving violations, then I've got 3 total tickets in 23 years. The one speeding, one parking, and one 'no front plate'.

Exactly. A warrant would be issued for your arrest and you would be taken to court for that anyways.

Happened to a guy I used to work with. He got an expired inspection ticket, wrote to the court with his reciept once he got it done, never heard anything back so he assumed it was okay. Fast forward two years later, cop pulls him over for the same thing, runs his liscense, comes back with an arrest warrant for the initial expired inspection. But, here's the fun part. It was Martin Luther King day, so courts were closed. He had to spend the night in jail until he could see a judge the next day. Next morning judge looks at why he was arrested, asked him if he learned his lesson, he says "yes sir" and the judge let him go.

Exactly. A warrant would be issued for your arrest and you would be taken to court for that anyways. But lets not confuse this thread with reality now.

You show up in court and argue their jurisdiction.

You show up in court and argue their jurisdiction.

Then, after a few minutes of you trying to convince the judge that the court has no jurisdiction, he rules against you, and the trial goes on as if your argument never happened. You get convicted, and appeal, the judge again rules against your misplaced and wrong "no jurisdiction" idea. You keep appealing and the courts finally get fed up and refuse to here any more of your "no jurisdiction" pleas.

This is how it will really happen!

For someone who had never heard of the issue of legal standing or the powers of a grand jury, you sure dispense a lot of legal advice.

So what you are saying is:

Yay government power! Boo grand jury and constitutional law.

You are probably right. The court will rule in error against you. But you should at least know your rights. You dont even want to know.

For someone who had never heard of the issue of legal standing or the powers of a grand jury, you sure dispense a lot of legal advice.

So what you are saying is:

Yay government power! Boo grand jury and constitutional law.

You are probably right. The court will rule in error against you. But you should at least know your rights. You dont even want to know.

I know all about the Grand Jury (have you ever testified in one?).

You never answered my earlier question about whether you pay your taxes (income tax)?