Cops in Ohio can write speeding tickets

BLZFAN4LIFE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, are you skipping your meds?

What's hard to understand?

Radar has not always been used as a basis of writing a speeding ticket.

Police can pace a car and determine the approximate speed and go off of that.

If the car is going in the opposite direction or across the view of the police they can still gauge the speed even if it is only "damn, that sucker is speeding."

My experience has always been that the police will estimate below the actual speed, perhaps on purpose.

Quit crying.

What's hard to understand?

Radar has not always been used as a basis of writing a speeding ticket.

Police can pace a car and determine the approximate speed and go off of that.

If the car is going in the opposite direction or across the view of the police they can still gauge the speed even if it is only "damn, that sucker is speeding."

My experience has always been that the police will estimate below the actual speed, perhaps on purpose.

Quit crying.

Apparently you have more faith in the police than I do. We have the technology and guilt should be proven. Fines and court costs are an established revenue stream for the state and a ruling like this will merely facilitate a revenue increase.

Just 'cause you get a ticket doesn't mean you'll be found guilty. You can choose to fight the ticket. And if you do that, you'll get a trial before a judge where the DA must prove you're guilty. He'll call the officer as a witness to give that proof, whatever it is.

Back in the day, didn't they used to give out speeding tickets on the Ohio/Indiana Turnpike by the using the toll ticket?

You know: V=D/t

So... If one wanted speed, they would have to stop and take a break for a while. :thumbsup:

Way back when...if you had out of state plates you paid your ticket (after time with the judge if you decided to wait) before you were allowed to leave town. No ATMs to run to either.

crap, I sound like cincy don't I?!

Way back when...if you had out of state plates you paid your ticket (after time with the judge if you decided to wait) before you were allowed to leave town. No ATMs to run to either.

Carriages had license plates? And they had toll roads back then?

My parents took their honeymoon in FLA... Drove down there before the interstates... Got a ticket in GA through a speed trap... Went right to the judge's house and paid him right then and there! :thumbsup:

Illinois you still have to surrender your driver's license... They mail it back to you or give it back to you after you pay or appear... You can use a AAA card as a bond card instead.

Carriages had license plates? And they had toll roads back then?

Why do you think they call it "turn pike?"

The toll gates were actually long pikes... Pay the toll, the pike gets turned so the wagon can pass and use the trail. How do you think the "west was won?" Wanted to ford a river, that could cost you too... Especially with the friendly natives.

My parents took their honeymoon in FLA... Drove down there before the interstates... Got a ticket in GA through a speed trap... Went right to the judge's house and paid him right then and there! <_<

I thought you were gonna say that Boss Hogg made your parents play a free show at the Boar's Nest to get out of the ticket!!!! :thumbsup:

Why do you think they call it "turn pike?"

The toll gates were actually long pikes... Pay the toll, the pike gets turned so the wagon can pass and use the trail. How do you think the "west was won?" Wanted to ford a river, that could cost you too... Especially with the friendly natives.

Who hell fords the river? You lose all your oxen that way. The best choice is still to caulk your wagon and float it across.