Rookie Play by LT Bell

GR8PRKN

Thought the comments about D Bell today were very insightful. IMO he is going to start And if he takes some lumps they are ok with it but he needs to play smarter. Does Merideth slip into the Swing or Wang? Thoughts and flames welcome...

LINK

Thought the comments about D Bell today were very insightful. IMO he is going to start And if he takes some lumps they are ok with it but he needs to play smarter. Does Merideth slip into the Swing or Wang? Thoughts and flames welcome...

????

Bell isn't a rookie.

At one point Gailey mentioned the fact that Bell stepped in as a rookie and started. While he was active for some games his rookie year he didn't make any starts. I'm assuming that is what the OP is referring to.

Did he even play any snaps his rookie year?

Did he even play any snaps his rookie year?

No, he was inactive the first 15 games and dressed but did not play in the season finale per the Bills 2009 Media Guide.

If you combine all the LTs & all the QBs on the roster, you can't find 1 guy who could start for any of the 31 other NFL teams.

It brings up a debate. Are you considered a rookie while on the practice squad of a team?

Not always, you get a 2nd year bust who gets cut on & put the practice squad & he's definitely not a rookie. He's just a never will be bust, and I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.

Love semantics debates.

Rookie or not, I did like that Gailey called him a "amazing athlete" - it at least sounds like he believes that Bell can be a player. Guess we'll see.

More than anything, watching that clip got me fired up about Gailey. I'm not sure how anyone could not like what the guy is saying. We always need more good players. We're building through fundamentals and techniques. Strength and conditioning are important. We need to play smart.

When listening to the guy, you just know that's he's a *football guy*, I'm actually really excited to see the next couple years take us under Chan and crew...

Really He isnt't? Duhhh!!!! Did you listen to the Presser?

OK, now that you provided a link I have watched the video.

I still have absolutely no idea what the hell you are getting at.

EDIT: I now watched the Gaily presser (which was not the video played at the provided link). I now understand that Gailey liked Bell's rookie play and assume that's what the OP meant.

OK, now that you provided a link I have watched the video.

I still have absolutely no idea what the hell you are getting at.

EDIT: I now watched the Gaily presser (which was not the video played at the provided link). I now understand that Gailey liked Bell's rookie play and assume that's what the OP meant.

lol, newbs treating you like crap... show them who's boss Deano :devil:

Seeing as he wasn't active for any of the games in 2008 I'm not sure he was wrong.

Why not? Just because he didn't play? He was drafted in 2008, and on the roster, not the practice squad. Then he started in 2009. 2010 makes this his 3rd year in the league. Calling 2009 starts his rookie campaign is inaccurate, though I'm sure the owners would like to violate the CBA and call 2009 his rookie year.