Rookie Play by LT Bell

GR8PRKN

Why not? Just because he didn't play? He was drafted in 2008, and on the roster, not the practice squad. Then he started in 2009. 2010 makes this his 3rd year in the league. Calling 2009 starts his rookie campaign is inaccurate, though I'm sure the owners would like to violate the CBA and call 2009 his rookie year.

I suppose in technical league terminology he would not be a rookie. What I was referring to is that since he does not have extensive NFL playing experience, or any before 2009, he could be called a "rookie" as that is the definition of the word.

I suppose in technical league terminology he would not be a rookie. What I was referring to is that since he does not have extensive NFL playing experience, or any before 2009, he could be called a "rookie" as that is the definition of the word.

Also, Gailey would not have any game tapes from 2008, so it would be easy for him to make this mistake that 2009 was his rookie year.

From Vic Ketchum…the Jacksonville Jaguars version of Chris Brown:

"What is the difference between a rookie and a first-year player?"

Vic: "A rookie is in his first year in the NFL. A first-year player is one who has yet to accrue an accredited season. In other words, a first-year player may have been drafted a year or two ago but has yet to stick on a roster, or he’s been on injured reserve or the practice squad, etc. You can only be a rookie once, but you can spend your entire career being a first-year player."

I am ok with eaither guy starting at LT. I don't think we have a big need there. Meredith or Bell are very capable players. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them makes the pro bowl. I think Gailey can work his offensive magic and hide any weaknesses these guys have.

QUOTE (The Dean @ Jun 16 2010, 07:08 PM)

????

Bell isn't a rookie.

Really He isnt't? Duhhh!!!! Did you listen to the Presser?

2008: Selected 219th overall with the team’s first of three seventh round draft picks - played in zero games.

2009: preseason - dressed for 5 games; played in 3 games; started in 1 game (HOF game) // regular season: dressed for 12 games; played in 8 games; started in 8 games.

2010: this will be his third nfl year.

No, that's not the definition of the word.

I am ok with eaither guy starting at LT. I don't think we have a big need there. Meredith or Bell are very capable players. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them makes the pro bowl. I think Gailey can work his offensive magic and hide any weaknesses these guys have.

The Pro Bowl? You're cracking me up over here. Good stuff.

Thought the comments about D Bell today were very insightful. IMO he is going to start And if he takes some lumps they are ok with it but he needs to play smarter. Does Merideth slip into the Swing or Wang? Thoughts and flames welcome...

LINK

I have more faith in Meredith being the LT starter as he is not coming off a major injury and proved to be the more reliable player at the end of last season.

No, he was inactive the first 15 games and dressed but did not play in the season finale per the Bills 2009 Media Guide.

If you combine all the LTs & all the QBs on the roster, you can't find 1 guy who could start for any of the 31 other NFL teams.

LOL

I have more faith in Meredith being the LT starter as he is not coming off a major injury and proved to be the more reliable player at the end of last season.

I agree that the injury is bad, however Chan seemed to talk like they are both doing really well (Wood and Bell). I think they relly like Bell, I may be wrong, I bet Bell lines up with the first group in camp if he is healthy. However Meredith looks promising on the little video you can see on BB.com

Someone better stop drinking from the firehose of grape kool aid... :mellow:

I would like to see Bell at LT and Meredith at RT.

I agree that the injury is bad, however Chan seemed to talk like they are both doing really well (Wood and Bell). I think they relly like Bell, I may be wrong, I bet Bell lines up with the first group in camp if he is healthy. However Meredith looks promising on the little video you can see on BB.com