Bills at 21?? you mean Dallas Morning News might actually follow foot

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...gs.3a223bc.html

this is the first pre-season ranking that I've seen that doesn't focus on what the Bills didn't do and focussesed on how they may be better. He gives props to the Andra Davis signing...which is a signing I think will make the Bills significantly better on D. And his ranking of 21 also agrees with with my thoughts that they should be better this year than they were last (they finished 24).

I always take these rankings with a grain of salt, but the fact that he ranked the Jests 10 and the Patsies 11 shows me that he actually thinks for himself, and doesn't just regurgitate the crap that other idiots write.

GO BILLS!!

this is the first pre-season ranking that I've seen that doesn't focus on what the Bills didn't do and focussesed on how they may be better. He gives props to the Andra Davis signing...which is a signing I think will make the Bills significantly better on D. And his ranking of 21 also agrees with with my thoughts that they should be better this year than they were last (they finished 24).

I always take these rankings with a grain of salt, but the fact that he ranked the Jests 10 and the Patsies 11 shows me that he actually thinks for himself, and doesn't just regurgitate the crap that other idiots write.

GO BILLS!!

I think this is a legitimate ranking. We are clearly not in the top ten. We do have some upside potential. It will be an interesting season.

:devil:

Being a Dallas writer he has more respect for Chan Gailey for what he did with the Cowboys.

PTR

Good point, if he was around back then, it's probably true.

I think this is a legitimate ranking. We are clearly not in the top ten. We do have some upside potential. It will be an interesting season.

:lol:

plus, this guy has the 49'ers ranked not that far ahead of us; the 49'ers are everyone's darling sleeper for great things because of singletary and the great drafting they've done. while 21 doesn't seem like much, a few bounces (or injuries) here and there and we're 31 or 15 so to speak.......a very encouraging look at this years season.....many thanks for the link!

and that's what my thoughts were too...I think it was quite insulting to us in Bills Nation to suggest that we're the worst team in the league. We've been hovering around mediocrity for 10 years but we haven't been as bad as the national media would like to think we are. This was a refreshing read. And yes a couple of bad bounces we may be 31...a couple of good bounces we may be 12...

I'm really excited for this season. It's gonna be awesome to pound some fish week 1!

GO BILLS!!

Rick Gosselin does think for himself. He is WELL RESPECTED league wide. Bills Nation needs to get on his ''good side'''

to gain his support to get Andre Reed in the HOF.

Rick Gosselin does think for himself. He is WELL RESPECTED league wide. Bills Nation needs to get on his ''good side'''

Bills Nation doesn't need to do squat to get Reed in the HOF. He'll be there.

and that's what my thoughts were too...I think it was quite insulting to us in Bills Nation to suggest that we're the worst team in the league. We've been hovering around mediocrity for 10 years but we haven't been as bad as the national media would like to think we are. This was a refreshing read. And yes a couple of bad bounces we may be 31...a couple of good bounces we may be 12...

I'm really excited for this season. It's gonna be awesome to pound some fish week 1!

AND you now have the coach that Jerry Jones wishes he had not FIRED!!!! :mellow:

Bills Nation doesn't need to do squat to get Reed in the HOF. He'll be there.

Not sure I agree with you, jeremy.

Hall of Fame nominations and the subsequent voting for induction can be a highly-politicized process.

Sportswriters make the case for players that they covered because among other things, the more Hall of Famers a reporter covered, the more esteem it brings to that reporter's career. It can also be competitive (I have more clout than you) and egotistical among the reporters.

I think Andre Reed will eventually get in. But just because someone is uptrending in the voting doesn't mean they are a slam dunk. They can just as easily downtrend. There is no such thing as a sure thing. Especially for a player who is being viewed as fairly borderline and who plays a position where there is lots of stiff competition and plenty more on the way.

Having powerful, compelling arguments made by a person with lots of clout and respect is not something to be indifferent to. I certainly hope that Rick Gosselin is pro-Andre Reed.

GO BILLS!!

Bills high, good. Bills low, bad.

Got it.

Absolutely, Gosselin is highly respected.

Thing is, so are the guys who ranked us very low.

But we hate them.

Not sure I agree with you, jeremy.

Hall of Fame nominations and the subsequent voting for induction can be a highly-politicized process.

Sportswriters make the case for players that they covered because among other things, the more Hall of Famers a reporter covered, the more esteem it brings to that reporter's career. It can also be competitive (I have more clout than you) and egotistical among the reporters.

I think Andre Reed will eventually get in. But just because someone is uptrending in the voting doesn't mean they are a slam dunk. They can just as easily downtrend. There is no such thing as a sure thing. Especially for a player who is being viewed as fairly borderline and who plays a position where there is lots of stiff competition and plenty more on the way.

Having powerful, compelling arguments made by a person with lots of clout and respect is not something to be indifferent to. I certainly hope that Rick Gosselin is pro-Andre Reed.

need Gosselin and tub 'o lard King pulling for Andre.

Gosselin is pretty good. He's a bit of a cowgirls homer(C'mon... Dallas @ 2, right behind Indy :thumbsup:), but his is the only mock draft worth spit.

I'd say Rich is off the mark on Oakland. They won't be last in their division this year, let alone second worst in the league. That Rolondo McClain pick is going to pay off huge. Add John Henderson to Seymore etc. on that D-line, and their defense is going to be much, much more stout. All they need to contend for 2nd in their division (SD will probably still top out the west) is for their offense to get some production. Hell, Brad frickin gradkowski won games with that team. I'd say oakland is on the verge of not giving the p*tsies a top-ten pick.