Rachel Nichols - Hot Chick I want to punch the most

stevestojan

I heart Michelle Biedle...although I can barely watch "Sports Nation" because of Colin Cowherd...but she is a stone cold babe...smart, funny, knows her sports, and oh so hot! I have no urge to punch her...

Agreed. I'm a Yankees fan, so I used to see her on the YES Network everyday during baseball season...kinda fell in love haha.

Anyway, she'll be onto bigger and better things than Sports Nation before too long and she can leave that asshat Cowherd in the dust. I bet she's a SportsCenter anchor in no fewer than two years.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I'm a Yankees fan, so I used to see her on the YES Network everyday during baseball season...kinda fell in love haha.

Anyway, she'll be onto bigger and better things than Sports Nation before too long and she can leave that asshat Cowherd in the dust. I bet she's a SportsCenter anchor in no fewer than two years.

Cowherd as asshat. A more apt definition has never been applied on the tubes. :rolleyes:

I ask in all seriousness, is being a SportsCenter anchor a step up? I heard rumor that she may be getting her own, late night, sports talk show on ESPN. Not sure how true that is... btw, she is a Texas girl!!! Gorgeous women, and bbq are so plentiful here!

I ask in all seriousness, is being a SportsCenter anchor a step up? I heard rumor that she may be getting her own, late night, sports talk show on ESPN. Not sure how true that is... btw, she is a Texas girl!!! Gorgeous women, and bbq are so plentiful here!

Well, it gets you the most exposure anyway. When it comes to ESPN, SportsCenter's ratings are through the roof compared to everything else (except MNF and other select live events).

I have the polar opposite view of Rachel Nichols. She seems very nice and is a very good reporter (I actually got to meet her when I covered Jets training camp in Cortland last season), but she definitely isn't "hot". Not to say that she's ugly by any stretch, but she's a 6 at best.

You would think ESPN would pay her a decent enough salary to at least get that gap in her teeth fixed.

Well, it gets you the most exposure anyway. When it comes to ESPN, SportsCenter's ratings are through the roof compared to everything else (except MNF and other select live events).

I read a piece last year about how ESPN has moved in a direction so that the anchors on SC are less, how shall I put it (?), notable. With the exception of Hannah Storm, the anchors all seem to look alike and are difficult to differentiate. There's a reason behind this. It makes ESPN more of the brand rather than Kilbourne, Olbermann, Dan Patrick, etc. The personalities are found on the other shows (Wilbon & Kornheiser on PTI, Rome, Cowherd & Beadle on SportsNation, etc). Beadle's own show would probably be a better move for her, IMHO.

I love the fact that she used to be engaged to a bull rider. That's fantastic. :rolleyes:

I read a piece last year about how ESPN has moved in a direction so that the anchors on SC are less, how shall I put it (?), notable. With the exception of Hannah Storm, the anchors all seem to look alike and are difficult to differentiate. There's a reason behind this. It makes ESPN more of the brand rather than Kilbourne, Olbermann, Dan Patrick, etc. The personalities are found on the other shows (Wilbon & Kornheiser on PTI, Rome, Cowherd & Beadle on SportsNation, etc). Beadle's own show would probably be a better move for her, IMHO.

I love the fact that she used to be engaged to a bull rider. That's fantastic. :rolleyes:

If this is true (and now that I think about it, it seems like you could be correct), it's a dumb move by ESPN. Their sports empire was absolutely built by the personalities on SportsCenter. I don't know why they'd move away from that formula.

I heart Michelle Biedle...although I can barely watch "Sports Nation" because of Colin Cowherd...but she is a stone cold babe...smart, funny, knows her sports, and oh so hot! I have no urge to punch her...

yeah- I'm with you on Michelle Beadle. I wouldn't clasify her as "hot", but she's got the looks of the really cute lady next door and a fun personality on that show,,,,plus she knows her sports (always a good combo).

Rachel Nichols? blech! not attractive to me at all... I know her more from her work at the Washington Post when she was a reporter. She should have stayed with the pen and ink,,,and off TV.

If this is true (and now that I think about it, it seems like you could be correct), it's a dumb move by ESPN. Their sports empire was absolutely built by the personalities on SportsCenter. I don't know why they'd move away from that formula.

View it from the corporate side: If the anchor achieves the personality that guys like Craig Kilbourne & Keith Olbermann did in the 90s, when the contracts end you'll be bidding higher for their services. Fox gave Olbermann a Haynesworth-type contract. ESPN said, "Hey, people will watch the highlights on SC just as long as we have someone competent reading what's happening. Let's make them all the same so we can plug and play." Now the show not only has anchors, but tons of folks in the field and more people on set to give their analysis. Sure, there's more people to pay but no one is breaking the (now huge) bank. If Mark Schlereth is gone to the NFL Network, ESPN just plugs in Teddy Bruschi and moves on.

I don't follow the ratings, but I would think ESPN is doing just fine with SportsCenter these days.

On a related note, the Worldwide Leader is really trying to determine where resources are best allocated these days (just like everyone else). 2 years ago, hardly anyone knew anything about Facebook or Twitter. Now not only does everyone* know those platforms, they have apps for them on their smartphones. How you get your highlights/sports analysis might/will change in the next 5 years. Everyone is lining up for the new, new thing (my apologies to Mr. Lewis).

*Hyperbole, but you know what I mean.

View it from the corporate side: If the anchor achieves the personality that guys like Craig Kilbourne & Keith Olbermann did in the 90s, when the contracts end you'll be bidding higher for their services. Fox gave Olbermann a Haynesworth-type contract. ESPN said, "Hey, people will watch the highlights on SC just as long as we have someone competent reading what's happening. Let's make them all the same so we can plug and play." Now the show not only has anchors, but tons of folks in the field and more people on set to give their analysis. Sure, there's more people to pay but no one is breaking the (now huge) bank. If Mark Schlereth is gone to the NFL Network, ESPN just plugs in Teddy Bruschi and moves on.

I don't follow the ratings, but I would think ESPN is doing just fine with SportsCenter these days.

On a related note, the Worldwide Leader is really trying to determine where resources are best allocated these days (just like everyone else). 2 years ago, hardly anyone knew anything about Facebook or Twitter. Now not only does everyone* know those platforms, they have apps for them on their smartphones. How you get your highlights/sports analysis might/will change in the next 5 years. Everyone is lining up for the new, new thing (my apologies to Mr. Lewis).

Oh, thanks for the footnote. I understand now.

:rolleyes:

I don't watch but I thought he is on MSNBC.

I don't watch but I thought he is on MSNBC.

Originally he went to Fox Sports. A story went around that he photocopied his first paycheck and faxed it to Dan Patrick with a note telling him that there was real money to be had elsewhere.

From wiki:

Olbermann spent the first twenty years of his career in sports journalism. He was a sports correspondent for CNN in the 1980s, winning the Best Sportscaster award from the California Associated Press three times. He later co-hosted ESPN's SportsCenter from 1992 to 1997. After leaving ESPN amid controversy, Olbermann became a sports anchor and producer for Fox Sports Net from 1998 to 2001, during which time he hosted Fox's studio coverage of baseball.

I have never heard the name Rachel Nichols before, but I'll still add any Fox News reader to the punch list. All gorgeous busty blondes, but I have no patience for conservatives. They start ranting about gay marriage and taxes and my penis goes "mehhhh."

I seem to remember you saying that hearing about gay marriage makes your penis go sproing!!

I think they feel the format is the star and any mook with a tag line can make it work. As disgusting as it sounds, the format seems to have made the career of talentless hacks like Kenny Mayne, so who knows?

But I must say I can't see why anyone would want to punch Rachael Nichols. There are way worse announcers than her. (Kenny Mayne for instance.)

For the same reason a drug dealer would...