A Big F-U to Lynch

MClem06

I honestly don't think he's that bad of a guy. He seems like someone that just doesn't know how to make good decisions. His agent must be telling him he isn't doing himself any favors. I think the guy struggles with choosing right from wrong. We've seen him be a fun loving energetic guy, so why all this bad behavior? None of us can pretend to know his upbringing, but it appears life skills aren't something he learned growing up. I think the guy is tormented by what kind of man to be. I actually have pity for a guy willing to ruin his reputation. I know, I know there will be guys that blast me because he's a millionaire we shouldn't pity him, but the guy has issues that most of us can't relate to.

It's easy to just say that the guy is just a talented athlete that isn't taking advantages of all the "breaks" he's been given, but to make it to the NFL you have to be a hard working dedicated individual, even if its just in football. As evidenced, he plays very hard on the field. Remember how we all embraced "Beast Mode"?

I think the guy needs to learn some humility, get into camp, and earn the respect back of his team mates and coaches. I hope he turns his life around and becomes a success. I hope his fate isn't similar to Henry's, but it sure looks like he's taking that road.

+1. I think this is the most accurate assessment of Lynch's character I have seen on this board.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Badolbilz covered this.

As much as I would like the Bills to dump Lynch, this organization must stop letting players dictate terms when it comes to trades. It makes sense. We can't let players go simply because they feel like leaving.

After the Jason Peters fiasco we need to reestablish that our GM runs the team, not disgruntled players. Its a good thing Nix and Gailey are setting the right tone. Players NEVER dictate a trade. They have to play here because they are under a contract here and they have no options other than to do that. If we got a second round pick I might trade him, but anything else is ridiculous for the amount of potential he has. You can't run a team emotionally and try to get rid of any potential unpleasantness. There will be unhappy players on every team in the league and in every league.

After the Jason Peters fiasco we need to reestablish that our GM runs the team, not disgruntled players. Its a good thing Nix and Gailey are setting the right tone. Players NEVER dictate a trade. They have to play here because they are under a contract here and they have no options other than to do that. If we got a second round pick I might trade him, but anything else is ridiculous for the amount of potential he has. You can't run a team emotionally and try to get rid of any potential unpleasantness. There will be unhappy players on every team in the league and in every league.

Agreed. There is not one person who posts on this board who has not had to stiffen his or her backbone at sometime in their lives and get down to business no matter what they "feel". I think this shows Lynch's immaturity and lack of commitment o the team. If he is thinking this is somehow increasing his chances to play elsewhere he is only fooling himself. :huh:

How about his SECOND year, too?

He's been in the league for 3 seasons, and 2 out of the 3 were Pro-bowl caliber. He's had one off year so far.

The rest of your rambling is the typical overreaction to some minor off-field stuff, and your fear of it happening again (even though nothing happened this offseason).

Put me on the list for people who want to keep him. He's worth more to us on the team right now, than he is in trade.

1000 yards, a 4.0 YPC, and 8 TDs is "Pro-Bowl" caliber season? To me that's pretty average. In fact Marshawn's career up to this point is following the Bobby Humphrey trajectory.

During his rookie season, he rushed for 1,151 yards and seven touchdowns for the Broncos as they qualified for Super Bowl XXIV, but were defeated 55-10 by the San Francisco 49ers. Humphrey, however, played well, finishing the game as the Broncos leader in both rushing (61 yards) and receiving (31 yards). Humphrey was not named NFL Rookie of the Year, due to Barry Sanders' incredible 1470-yard rookie campaign. He followed his impressive rookie performance with a Pro Bowl selection in 1990, rushing for 1,202 yards and seven touchdowns in 1990.

In 1991, Humphrey held out of training camp in hopes of obtaining a new contract. The Broncos, by team policy, refused to renegotiate his pay and the holdout continued late into the season.

Unable to secure a new contract, Humphrey finally ended his holdout in week 14. However, by that time, newly signed Gaston Green had emerged as the team's starting running back and was on his way to completing his own 1000-yard season. Furthermore, Humphrey had fallen out of favor with the team's coaching and front office as a result of the holdout. When Humphrey returned in week 14, he was out of shape and given only a reserve role in the Broncos' offense. He remained on the bench as Denver made a run to the AFC Championship Game, losing to the Buffalo Bills 10-7.

The following offseason he was traded to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for running back Sammie Smith. He played for the Dolphins in 1992 and 1993 but was never able to regain the success he had in Denver.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Humphrey

ok lets junk a sportscar becuase the tires are worn out, worn out by the last owner (and its mostly paid for).....it still has everything it takes to race up the Autobahn............... but lets sell it for pennies because we have a ferrari and a hummer in the garage and the original sportscar MIGHT throw a rod.. sounds pretty moronic to me, sounds like what all you fans(?) are saying about marshawn. imo douche jauron could have had ladaniam tomlinson in his prime and ran him out of town somehow

morons,

morons.

morons...

There's no reason to cut him at this point. He's not a team distraction. We don't need the roster spot for someone else.

If the final cuts come down and we're still talking about him, then maybe it gets a little harder to make choices. By then there might be a team needing a headcase battering ram more than we do. Or maybe by then, his mama will have slapped him uptop the head and staightened him out a bit. He's causing more stress for posters on this board than for the Bill's coaches and players. There's potential upside (at least a higher trade offer), so it would be a waste to cut him or trade him for a late round pick. It's not like holding on to him runs the risk of lowering his trade value!

I'd like to know who is advising this kid. Whoever it is he/she should be fired immediately. Lynch needs to surround himself with people who have a clue before he completely throws away what is left of his career.

Seems so simple really. Best thing for him and for the team is for him to show up, bring some good attitude and show everybody that he can still play. Ignoring his HC is definitely not good attitude. There is a meaningful role for him here this year as inside power runner. He needs to grab that and "run" with it because its all he has left for now. Whats standing in the way again is his immaturity and an exaggerated sense of his ability. Bills won't likely cut him or give him away, so what else is there for Marshawn to do?

I'd like to know who is advising this kid. Whoever it is he/she should be fired immediately. Lynch needs to surround himself with people who have a clue before he completely throws away what is left of his career.

i almost feel bad for these athletes that end up surrounded by "yes men" and mooches. i cant believe that there is NO ONE in this kid's life that can see he is pissing away an opportunity that millions of people only dream of.

Leave the guy alone--he's busy playing wii bowling. I've missed weeks of work once I get going on that! Ever try the "practice" mode where they set 100 pins? Can't put it down!

Best line of all:

He's trying to get in the playbook as much as possible, get as many mental reps as he can.

Mental reps? This guy should be doing his times tables as mental reps.

I'd make him ride the pine and force him to honor that contract till it's complete.

time to give Lynch what he really deserves...a complete screw job

+1

This is an excellent opportunity to make an example of someone and send a loud message that players can't bully their way out of town. It won't cost a lot of money and it's good insurance in case FJ or Spiller gets hurt. As dumb as he is, I think even this primitive cave man type is smart enough to play hard on Sunday to earn a ticket out of town.

I kind of alluded to this in my earlier post. My guess is people like his agent/adviser are telling him he needs to shape up and start doing the right things, even if its for selfish reasons. I think he's not listening and being stubborn. The reason I think he's doing this is he's grossly immature and not an evil guy.

Based on his actions he appears to be a person that makes decisions in the moment and doesn't think about the future/consequences. Anyone can tell he's hurting himself, not only on this team but for future opportunities. So why is he willing to do this? Is it because he's a rich thug or because he's for a lack of a better term "dumb"? I think its the latter.

I also want to address another thing. The notion he isn't a good RB is ludicrous. This man is one hell of a runner. Pound for pound he runs harder than anyone in the league. If we didn't have Jackson this man would be a 1,500 yard back.

Badolbilz covered this.

As much as I would like the Bills to dump Lynch, this organization must stop letting players dictate terms when it comes to trades. It makes sense. We can't let players go simply because they feel like leaving.

It's a good point. I think letting him rot on the end of the bench is really what he deserves. The Bills are not going to get anything for him at this point anyway. And despite what the Lynch backers tell themselves Fred Jackson is the better Football Player. Spiller is going to get his share, and that leaves next to nothing for Lynch. Which is exactly what he deserves. :devil:

+1

This is an excellent opportunity to make an example of someone and send a loud message that players can't bully their way out of town. It won't cost a lot of money and it's good insurance in case FJ or Spiller gets hurt. As dumb as he is, I think even this primitive cave man type is smart enough to play hard on Sunday to earn a ticket out of town.

Yes and hopefully Lynch's agent will represent future players we want to sign, that should help us. Currently Doug Hendrickson of Octagon Sports represents 30 NFL players.

Agreed...it's time to cut their losses and get what they can for Lynch. I just hope Buddy doesn't hold out too long or else he loses leverage.

He has no leverage now because Lynch has little or no trade value. He lost any chance of getting a good return on Lynch when he turned down the Seahawks offer on draft weekend.

No, I'm suggesting that "teaching players lessons" doesn't make good business sense.

There is a subtle difference between "teaching your players a lesson" (your quote, not mine) and setting a tone that your organization isn't run by spineless jellyfish that will bend anywhich way any disgruntled player pushes when he gets his panties in a bunch.