***OFFICIAL WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD***

ajzepp

I collect soccer jerseys and Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the world IMO. I would get his jersey if he wasn't such a kitty. Biggest diver in the game. Like the announcer said yesterday- blow at Ronaldo and he will go down. But no denying his talent

Might I add that it is a great time to be unemployed! I have watched every game of the WC and plan on catching them all!

lol, dude, I'm so jealous that you're unemployed right now! That was my situation in '06 and I LOVED firing up the projector and watching every single match on the big screen, and then coming on to TBD to talk to everyone about it. My boss has been pretty cool about moving my hours around so I can catch the mostimportant games of this WC, but I miss having the whole month to really take in the experience :devil:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still calling it for Argentina, but hoping Germany makes it (very) interesting. I want to see more from England before I can really view them as a favorite. They're clearly talented, but with crap goalkeeping and a few other teams that appear to be very hungry, I just don't know about the Brits.

Argentina won't win. Their coach is their Achilles heal. Re-watch Argentina Nigeria. Nigeria had all the space in the world to move the ball against Argentina. They have no defensive midfield. They are too attack minded and will lose to a team that knows how to defend and counter.

Trust me.

Are the Swiss ok with winning? I figured that at the end they'd intentionally score an own goal to simply earn the draw.

Spain are known for choking in the WC. I picked a draw in my pool. I figured they'd at least score a goal. These are teams that rely too much on their attack and know **** about defense.

How well do explosive teams in the NFL do compared to defensive historically.

Argentina won't win. Their coach is their Achilles heal. Re-watch Argentina Nigeria. Nigeria had all the space in the world to move the ball against Argentina. They have no defensive midfield. They are too attack minded and will lose to a team that knows how to defend and counter.

Trust me.

So you're saying N.Korea will win? :devil:

I would have liked to see them beat Brazil. Although I think for every goal they score, they are allowed to eat a full plate of food :devil:

Hm, I thought that every goal they score brings them one step closer to a chance to live their lives out 'til natural death.

...Spain vs Switzerland. Typical fancy soccer and terrible finishing...

Yes. It's like they thought they could get a win without trying hard or taking any chances. It was not until about the 65 minute mark, down a goal, that they actually started sticking their neck out. At that point, they began to look potent, but at the same time vulnerable to the counter-attack. Spain really needs to spend some quality time looking at the film of this one.

I heard that Spain found out right before their match that the US team was in the tournament. They haven't been able to get us out of their heads ever since. :devil:

Yes. It's like they thought they could get a win without trying hard or taking any chances. It was not until about the 65 minute mark, down a goal, that they actually started sticking their neck out. At that point, they began to look potent, but at the same time vulnerable to the counter-attack. Spain really needs to spend some quality time looking at the film of this one.

Remember. Spain never scored on us. They won't win. No amount of video will teach them to play defense. They are too stubborn.

I heard that Spain found out right before their match that the US team was in the tournament. They haven't been able to get us out of their heads ever since. :D

:lol:

Yup, they ran into Clint Dempsey at the mall. Clint goes, "Hey guys, how's it goin'?" The Spaniards go :mellow::huh::bag:

Remember. Spain never scored on us. They won't win. No amount of video will teach them to play defense. They are too stubborn.

They didn't score on the U.S. last year in S.Africa either. Jozy & Dempsey made it 2-0.

Lets go France! Knock Mexico the hell out of the WC please!

Wow. Yeah if Mexico loses tomorrow then they would be eliminated as long as they don't beat Uruguay by 3 or more goals. So ughh - I can't believe I'm gonna root for France. Ughh.

France vs. Mexico...kinda like the Cowboys playing the Patriots.

Hard to cheer for either team.

I could care less about Mexico. A France defeat is music to my ears.

Right now, GO SOUTH KOREA!!!

And Italy won't be able to score like that against the small clubs.

Any given day, Argentina has the talent to put a drubbing on any team in the world. With a one game knockout system, you need luck...just ask Italy 4 years ago.

And Italy won't be able to score like that against the small clubs.

Any given day, Argentina has the talent to put a drubbing on any team in the world. With a one game knockout system, you need luck...just ask Italy 4 years ago.

Right... luck?

How many goals did Italy allow the entire tournament? How many did they score? Are you implying beating the home favorite in extra time by 2 goals is luck? Are you going to mention Australia, of course you would but you would obviously forget that there was a red card given that was undeserved.

Any given day Argentina could score as they wish but once they face a strong defense, they will be shut down. Just ask Barcelona against Inter. Not only that, Nigeria and Korea could have easily scored more goals against Argentina. Their back line looked weak and now they lost Samuel.

Get a clue dipshit.