***OFFICIAL WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD***

ajzepp

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Odd that there are different rules depending on the round, but the MLB all star game determines home field for the Series so what the heck!

How are the rules different? You have the round robin and then the knockout stages. Same as olympic hockey.

Ya know, people have to be getting pissed. Now Americans are really getting into soccer and getting good at it. It's soon going to finally be one more sport we !@#$ing dominate in. Sucks to be from anywhere else.

Relax there. Just remember that only 7 countries have won the WC and two of those dominate.

USA won't beat Ghana if they defend the same way as they did in the round robin.

Relax there. Just remember that only 7 countries have won the WC and two of those dominate.

USA won't beat Ghana if they defend the same way as they did in the round robin.

I'm not talking about this year. What I'm talking about is this WC has gotten people really interested in this sport. More interest, more money, more players, more talent. That all leads to yet another arena in which we dominate the world.

I'm not talking about this year. What I'm talking about is this WC has gotten people really interested in this sport. More interest, more money, more players, more talent. That all leads to yet another arena in which we dominate the world.

Good luck with that.

No matter what, the blue wall will always be in the way 0:)

i think you missed the point sphere of beer. Think of the rules kinda like hockey: If tied you go to Overtime, at the end of two 15 minute halves, It goes to penalty kicks where each team alternates through 5 rounds of penalty kicks, If still tied it keeps going until one team scores and the other doesn't for that given round of penalty kicks.

But I get what the Beerball was saying. In the round robin, no OT or kicks, then the knockout stage comes and the rules change. I am with Beer and find that weird, but guess it is more like hockey regular season and playoffs, only somehat in reverse.

And, BTW, i hate a skills challenge in any sport to determine the winner of a team game. Can you imagine baseball having a home run derby to end games or football having a field goal kicking contest to win games???

But I get what the Beerball was saying. In the round robin, no OT or kicks, then the knockout stage comes and the rules change. I am with Beer and find that weird, but guess it is more like hockey regular season and playoffs, only somehat in reverse.

And, BTW, i hate a skills challenge in any sport to determine the winner of a team game. Can you imagine baseball having a home run derby to end games or football having a field goal kicking contest to win games???

I could not agree any more with this statement! 0:) In hockey, OT should be 4 on 4 until someone scores. In soccer, it should be 10 on 10 and then gradually proceed down to maybe 9 on 9 or 8 on 8.

How are the rules different? You have the round robin and then the knockout stages. Same as olympic hockey.

I'm not critizing here, but it is different. Didn't the NFL adopt different OT rules for the playoffs? Doesn't NHL hockey have different rules for the playoff OT?

Round 1 ties OK, next round no ties.

Round 1 rules /= round 2 rules = different

Let's not get too excited, a recent survey determined that 99.65% of Americans couldn't find Algeria on a world map.

No, that just says that when it comes to geography, Americans are geographically challenged.