Limbaughs 4th wedding

billfan63

I would if the guy gave a toast at Denzel's wedding.

The common misconception is that Rush is in politics when in fact he is in showbiz. My guess is that Elton understands him a lot better than the vast majority of people who go into hysterics every time his name is mentioned.

sorry, thats a cop out. when millions of people base their politics on his "entertainment", then he is in politics. and it's a very irresponsible thing for him to try to claim otherwise. when people quote him to rationalize their beliefs, he is in politics. like it or not. whether it was on purpose or not. that's how it is.

oh i know we're cool. i wasnt aiming that at you, it was at Rush.

I'm not upset that he makes money for his opinion. I'm upset with his opinions and how he chooses to present and distribute them. I'm upset that he makes money for being a lying, fear mongering, propaganda-ist. I'm upset that he spends hours a day trying to convince people that one way is corect, yet he lives a completely different way than what he preaches.

I understand the need for opposing sides, check and balances and all that, but there comes a point where it goes beyond that. And Rush passed it years ago.

The real issue here is did Elton play Proud Mary

I'm upset that he spends hours a day trying to convince people that one way is corect, yet he lives a completely different way than what he preaches.

You mean like Al Gore and his personal jet/multiple mansions/massive carbon footprint?

:lol:

the day i get up and try to tell people how to live their lives, and condemn others when it is none of my business, feel free to get up and throw that in my face.

more precisely, the day i get up and tell people to not do drugs.

IMO, Rush can do anything he wants in his personal time. but he's the one who makes millions off of lecturing/preaching/berating people on what they should and shouldnt be able to do. if you want to play that role, you have to be able to be held up for review yourself. Rush fails.

Well said. I used to think Rush was the worst person on earth. However, the guy is a genius. A ugly, fat, bald, drug addicted loudmouth with no real talent made himself a millionaire. The real people to fear are the mindless zombies who have no opinions of their own and take his for gospel. Rush probably laughs at them while he and Al Sharpton going clubbing.

That's her nickname for her husband.

And surprisingly, the Carville-Matalin marriage has lasted a hell of a lot longer than any of Rush's unions. :wacko:

BTW, Limbaugh is an entertainer (IMO, no one does radio better), but I think he believes his politics. And my politics are similar to Limbaugh's (probably even more similar to P.J. O'Rourke's), but I'm more libertarian than Rush.

Remember that free people have a right to do what they please, but there is also a duty to accept the consequences of your actions.