Your drink of choice

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer......A nice apricot hefeweizen made by a brew pub up in the Sierra Nevada foothills…The Snowshoe in Arnold, CA. When we go up there we bring a few jugs and they fill em up.

Sounds like Magic Hat #9.

PTR

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this talk about beer has inspired me to switch from wine tonight. I think I'll go with a nice Guinness to start, poured from the can with the nitrogen widget so I'll have that beautiful reverse-cascading effect to whet the appetite. :thumbdown:

oooh u should try and Tan and Black too. It's a Guiness and a Bass ale mixed. it's great stuff.

I think this talk about beer has inspired me to switch from wine tonight. I think I'll go with a nice Guinness to start, poured from the can with the nitrogen widget so I'll have that beautiful reverse-cascading effect to whet the appetite. :thumbdown:

Damnit and i'm thinking about popping open a cabernet.

water

When u are in 110 degree heat practicing for almost 3 hours in helmet and pads and without a water break for the longest time, WATER becomes the BEST tasting thing you have ever put your lips upon. At this moment in time it IS the BEST tasting thing you've ever had. From personal experience. Nothing beats it.

I'll feel accomplished the day I'm able to not feel sick from tasting guiness. It's like a sludgey meal :thumbdown:

Guiness and it's ilk is a full meal in of itself. You don't need food at all. A guinness is a FULL meal :thumbdown:

I just had a Weyland Estate Zin. You know the meaning of the term juicy applied to wine when you drink it. A pleasant surprise.

You are a lucky man, Pilsner. There is a ton to learn. I can recommend Karen McNeils Wine Bible.

Endzone, try a soup ladle with the handle bent up. I like a good half and half of guinnes and smithicks.

So far as stouts are concerned, Great Lakes makes a good imperial, and I like Wolavers. Weyerbackers Blithering idiot is good. Everything Weyerbacker is good.

Eye of the hawk, good stuff. I like an old rasputin imperial stout. I just had southern tiers double IPA. Just what you might expect. Southern Tiers is just like the single IPA in flavor. It takes a while to drink, and has a long finish. The hop flavor is strong and bitter, but instead of being citrusey or fruity it comes off as strawberries and flowers. It is not overly sweet. I like that they have not bent to the california style of IPA. I would recommend it.

I would say my favorite beer is stoudts tripel style.

So far as booze is concerned, I like a benedictine and armagnac.

I'm with you on the Old Rasputin. Very nice. I've tried the Eye of the Hawk, but it was far too sweet for me.

I just finished the last of the George Dickel I had. Now I have to decide if it's vodka or cognac. I think I'll go vodka, then cognac.

I just had a Weyland Estate Zin. You know the meaning of the term juicy applied to wine when you drink it. A pleasant surprise.

I live in the middle of the 2nd biggest wine region in the USA, and in Cali too. Still learning about the subtleties of wine tho. There's so much to learn!

I've made a sea change from beer to wine. My beer of choice up here on the lake was (and, I guess, still is) Molson Canadian. I just don't chow it down the way I used to. I've switched to wine these days, and seem to be on a Malbec kick. It's like getting a good bottle of Bordeaux for about 30%-40% less. Tonight it's a Punto Final Riserva, being served as a I await a wild-caught sockeye salmon filet coming off a charcoal grill. Salmon seasoned with Lawry's Seasoning Salt (yes, I've been to the original Lawry's in Chicago - fuggin' great steaks) and cooked over briquets with a goodly chunk of hickory for smoking.

Damn. There's a hole in my glass. Waiter......

"Ocean Breeze" - Pablo Cruise

I've made a sea change from beer to wine. My beer of choice up here on the lake was (and, I guess, still is) Molson Canadian. I just don't chow it down the way I used to. I've switched to wine these days, and seem to be on a Malbec kick. It's like getting a good bottle of Bordeaux for about 30%-40% less. Tonight it's a Punto Final Riserva, being served as a I await a wild-caught sockeye salmon filet coming off a charcoal grill. Salmon seasoned with Lawry's Seasoning Salt (yes, I've been to the original Lawry's in Chicago - fuggin' great steaks) and cooked over briquets with a goodly chunk of hickory for smoking.

Damn. There's a hole in my glass. Waiter......

"Ocean Breeze" - Pablo Cruise

sounds like my kind of party!

I usually have a drink in my hand when I post. Formerly wingt98. *changes without notice*. I'm sure a good number of you have a drink as well. So yes this is kinda off topic.

Just wondering what is all your (hard core Bills Fans) drinky of choice as you contribute to this board? (if u are not a drinker then u can state your non-alcoholic drink of choice) but it's not as much fun.

Just out of curiosity what's my Bills brethren (and as one person said before "Sisteren") drinks of choice as we follow our Bills??

Go Bills!!!

I enjoy a good shock top or just a simple ole bud light when posting. Thats just me though!

What I really love about Guinness is how easy the beer goes down without all that annoying carbonation getting in the way. Time to pour another!

damneet... ur making me want to go get sum guinness. Can't drive now tho, too many drinks. stop tempting. Guiness does go down so smoothly...