The Hamdan Departs the Game

Citing an inability to dedicate himself, our favorite clipboard carrier Gibran Hamdan has retired from football. His two days of camp in the CFL were a wee bit much to take. Can't say I blame him. Competing with the majestic Cleo Lemon and the awe-inspiring Ken Dorsey would put even the best Manning in a precarious position....

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=323548

Citing an inability to dedicate himself, our favorite clipboard carrier Gibran Hamdan has retired from football. His two days of camp in the CFL were a wee bit much to take. Can't say I blame him. Competing with the majestic Cleo Lemon and the awe-inspiring Ken Dorsey would put even the best Manning in a precarious position....

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=323548

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Just another player that shouldn't have had a roster spot in the NFL but did because Jauron was coach.

Correct! He cant even make it in the CFL, yet he was on an NFL team last year, and lots of us- myself NOT included- wanted to see him start a game. I know our QB situation was bleak, but again...Hamdan cant even make it in the CFL.

Just another player that shouldn't have had a roster spot in the NFL but did because Jauron was coach.
Correct! He cant even make it in the CFL, yet he was on an NFL team last year, and lots of us- myself NOT included- wanted to see him start a game. I know our QB situation was bleak, but again...Hamdan cant even make it in the CFL.

I don't want to argue with you guys.

But I do want to point out that I thought Hamdan looked as good as any of our QBs in last year's preseason and that also, his walking away from football doesn't mean he wouldn't have made it in the CFL.

I think the back story might be that Gibran has an offer to do some broadcasting somewhere and he was smart enough to recognize that opportunity was knocking.

edit: Also there are rumors that British Petroleum has been recruiting Hamdan to work as an Oil Engineer to plug the Gulf leak and that Israel approached him about doing some policy making in the wake of the botched interception of the Humanitarian Flotilla incident.

But I do want to point out that I thought Hamdan looked as good as any of our QBs in last year's preseason and that also, his walking away from football doesn't mean he wouldn't have made it in the CFL.

I think the back story might be that Gibran has an offer to do some broadcasting somewhere and he was smart enough to recognize that opportunity was knocking.

edit: Also there are rumors that British Petroleum has been recruiting Hamdan to work as an Oil Engineer to plug the Gulf leak and that Israel approached him about doing some policy making in the wake of the botched interception of the Humanitarian Flotilla incident.

I agree Gibran looked OK last year in preseason. But you dont just quit football when you have a chance to start, even in the CFL. If he thought he wouldnt be holding a clipboard again, he would be playing IMO.

Interesting points at the end, and if either of those turn out to be true, I might be inclined to believe he thought of doing something more important, but time will tell i guess.

I had heard Dos Equis had approached him to be the new face of their "Most Interesting Man in the World" campaign so that they could stop paying him royalties to use anecdotes from his life.

But I do want to point out that I thought Hamdan looked as good as any of our QBs in last year's preseason

That says more about Mary and Fitz than it does abut Hamdan.