Lynch arrives in Buffalo- Per PFT

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for him. Guess he didn't want to have to get a job at Applebee's.

As sad as it is for some of you to believe it, Lynch is only a year short of getting a degree from one of the best universities in the country. I doubt Applebee's is in his future. But thank god, he finally showed up to VOLUNTARY offseason drills.

As sad as it is for some of you to believe it, Lynch is only a year short of getting a degree from one of the best universities in the country. I doubt Applebee's is in his future. But thank god, he finally showed up to VOLUNTARY offseason drills.

Well Said.

And it seems like he's smart enough to show up for the mini-camp portion this weekend, where he can catch up really quickly in a 4 day period to the 2 weeks of 3 day non contact contact.

I'm sure he'll be ready for the ole tried and true coach method of punishing someone that isn't at voluntary events by putting him dead last in the rotation too - that crap always annoys me.

Who cares. He's a knucklehead who has shown no ability to control his life off the field. I would love to see him turn his career around, but last year's demotion followed by this year's draft indicate his turn around will not be in Buffalo, despite what happens in 2010.

Ah, no.

Marshawn is a young kid who has been thrust into the limelight and been given a ton of money then proceeded to do what many young rich kids do and make bad decisions.... He didn't shoot or rape someone, he made mistake many others have made. I am not apologizing for those transgressions I just think that we should allow Marshawn the opportunity to learn from the mistakes and become a man.... AND a great back. Let's not forget that Marshawn is only a tenth slower in the 40y than CJ is....

Yay! Now we can all relax. Our 3rd string RB is officially on board.

Yes...I will rest easier now that a 2 time 1000yd rusher, probowl appearing player who has by far amassed the most TDs of any Bills RB in the last 3 years is back in the fold. Good that you can put things in perspective <_<

I have NO idea what people were drinking on game day in 2009 but ****NEWS FLASH****...Fred Jackson had TWO...repeat TWO freaking touchdowns on the ground for an entire year of starting!!! THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! Period....end of story....stop hating on Lynch...he is the more productive starting RB NOT a better person.

Who cares. He's a knucklehead who has shown no ability to control his life off the field. I would love to see him turn his career around, but last year's demotion followed by this year's draft indicate his turn around will not be in Buffalo, despite what happens in 2010.

LOL....riiiight...no bias there...you say "I would love to see him turn his career around,"....BUT you preceed those comments with "Who cares. He's a knucklehead who has shown no ability to control his life off the field."...DUDE...stop hating. Lynch was by far our best RB. Fred Jackson was a better person. I would rather have a chance to win with a guy with a little crust on him than lose with a guy who is squeaky clean.

After what he has shown the past year, he better be there, for his own good. To prove he still has the determination and will to show up and be a part of a team. JMO

Should we throw a parade? <_<

As long as Marshawn is not driving then i say ok. . .

Yes...I will rest easier now that a 2 time 1000yd rusher, probowl appearing player who has by far amassed the most TDs of any Bills RB in the last 3 years is back in the fold. Good that you can put things in perspective <_<

I have NO idea what people were drinking on game day in 2009 but ****NEWS FLASH****...Fred Jackson had TWO...repeat TWO freaking touchdowns on the ground for an entire year of starting!!! THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! Period....end of story....stop hating on Lynch...he is the more productive starting RB NOT a better person.

And Freddy only has 5 rushing TD's in the last 2 seasons. While Jackson is better between the twenties, Lynch is the better red zone threat. But Marshawn "Because I got high" Lynch is also one problem away from a year suspension. It doesn't look good on his part to show up this late, especially since he's starting off with a clean slate with a new coaching staff. If Lynch really wants to reclaim his starting RB role, he should have showed up with everyone else.

Speaking of everyone else, I'd wish Schobel would give an answer already. He should be here as well if he intends on playing. Transitioning from DE to OLB takes time and if he does plan on playing, he will be behind the other LB's.

Marshawn is a young kid who has been thrust into the limelight and been given a ton of money then proceeded to do what many young rich kids do and make bad decisions.... He didn't shoot or rape someone, he made mistake many others have made. I am not apologizing for those transgressions I just think that we should allow Marshawn the opportunity to learn from the mistakes and become a man.... AND a great back. Let's not forget that Marshawn is only a tenth slower in the 40y than CJ is....

Very well put. I hope he does come in and really helps and puts some numbers up. I'm not saying what he did was right and should be forgiven. I'm saying that Buffalo fans have a tendency to slam and put people down and not back them up. If he gets cut or traded, then slam the man for what you want. BUT UNDERSTAND HE IS STILL PUTTING ON THAT HELMET FOR THE BILLS FANS. If Thurman slammed him, that is between them because Thurman was there and has the shirt to show, do any of us????? In military terms, let him F%$k the chicken, let us just hold the tail!!!! I'm glad he came back now this Bills fan is greatful he's there. Now go get r done!!!

Lynch was by far our best RB. Fred Jackson was a better person. I would rather have a chance to win with a guy with a

I'm sorry to let the facts get in the way of your blind love for Lynch, but Jackson averaged 4.5 a carry last year, while Lynch was at 3.7.

The past 3 seasons, Jackson has had a higher YPC average than Lynch, rather Lynch is getting the bulk of the carries ( '07, '08) or Jackson is ('09).

Even though Lynch had 100 less carries, he still fumbled the ball 3 times, the same as Jackson. So his fumble ratio is worse.

And even though Lynch has far more playing time than Jackson over the last 3 seasons, Jackson has more receptions and a higher yards per reception average.

Again, sorry to bring facts into this dilusional love you feel for Lynch

So, I'd love to hear how you justify "By far the better RB"

I'm sorry to let the facts get in the way of your blind love for Lynch, but Jackson averaged 4.5 a carry last year, while Lynch was at 3.7.

So, I'd love to hear how you justify "By far the better RB"

It's pretty debatable. The missed camp killed Lynch's season. But prior to that, he was off to the best 2 year start off any Bills' rb in history besides Travis Henry. He's a good rb. But so is FJax. And right now, the Bills have the best rb depth in the NFL. Hopefully, we used them all or trade one when another team's top rb goes down. None of them are making huge money.

Ok, I agree that he has made many of the same mistakes other young players made, and that the OTAs are voluntary so he didnt have to attend. But so many of you are saying that he can learn from his mistakes and change, do you think the first step to changing and learning from his mistakes would be attending these OTAs like almost every other player on the team. There is a new coaching staff in place and every interview i have heard with other players from the team say that the new cadences and lingo are very different and are the toughest part of the learning process. I don't see that lynch is gonna be the quickest most dedicated student when he does get back to work.

I just think that if a man says he is gonna try and prove that he is not what the media has made him out to be and learn from the mistakes he has made, would doing himself more justice by showing up, and not doing sports shows in LA where he comes right out and says he doesn't wanna be in Buffalo.

So you're saying he didn't finish something he started?