6th round pick Danny Batten

The Bills must get solid production form late round picks as their depth is very thin to begin with. Let's hope this kid is a find.

I hope so as well. With Batten playing in the 3-4 in college, it sounds like he would have an easier transition than the other Bills LB's that were on the roster last year. Glad to hear he's making some plays in the OTA's so far.

I hope so as well. With Batten playing in the 3-4 in college, it sounds like he would have an easier transition than the other Bills LB's that were on the roster last year. Glad to hear he's making some plays in the OTA's so far.

Isn't it also sad that Maybin is not impressing anyone ... he might just be shown up by a slower and lower round draft pick.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/6/1/1...has-a-chance-to

Here's an interesting article about the Bills 6th round pick Danny Batten. Sounds like he's doing good so far in OTA's.

Hopefully, Batten works out. It should be interesting to see who will be the Bills starting OLB's whether Schobel retires or plays. Between Ellis, Kelsay & Maybin, can these guys make the transition from DE to OLB?

Isn't it also sad that Maybin is not impressing anyone ... he might just be shown up by a slower and lower round draft pick.

If Maybin turns out to be a bust, that would rank just below Mike Williams...OUCH!!! I wonder how much time will the new staff give Maybin? Until the end of the year or maybe next year? That would be a huge waste of a top draft pick.

Hopefully, Batten works out. It should be interesting to see who will be the Bills starting OLB's whether Schobel retires or plays. Between Ellis, Kelsay & Maybin, can these guys make the transition from DE to OLB?

The Bills defense, along with transitioning players will go through some growing pains this season. I really hope Maybin doesn't turn out to be a bust though, considering he was our top draft pick last season.

Maybin is the starter at OLB, so he must be doing something right.

Thank you. Finally someone with common sense. He has started at OLB every single practice they have had. It has been all over the videos of the OTA's at starting OLB.

Maybin is the starter at OLB, so he must be doing something right.

True...

I think the Folks who want to dump on Maybin should at least wait until he's played a few Games in the new Defense...I mean...Talk about an early evaluation... :rolleyes:

As for the OP and Batten, I think it's another example of why this D will be improved and should have a heck of a good foundation for the future...The Bills have some REAL nice talent and decent depth now on D...If it all comes together they are going to be REAL tough at Home...And that's a start...Batten should also add to the Special Teams...Hard not to like the Kid is it not? :D

True...

I think the Folks who want to dump on Maybin should at least wait until he's played a few Games in the new Defense...I mean...Talk about an early evaluation... :rolleyes:

As for the OP and Batten, I think it's another example of why this D will be improved and should have a heck of a good foundation for the future...The Bills have some REAL nice talent and decent depth now on D...If it all comes together they are going to be REAL tough at Home...And that's a start...Batten should also add to the Special Teams...Hard not to like the Kid is it not? :D

I agree. Since the pick used on Batten was one of the one's from the Jason Peters trade, that would be great to have another solid player out of that deal.

I agree. Since the pick used on Batten was one of the one's from the Jason Peters trade, that would be great to have another solid player out of that deal.

I would love that.

As another poster said, I'm glad we're finally getting linebackers with some size. We're not a dome team, we're a play-outside-in-the-cold-and-mud team. I won't miss the small, speedy LBs needed for the cover-2 scheme at all.

I would love that.

As another poster said, I'm glad we're finally getting linebackers with some size. We're not a dome team, we're a play-outside-in-the-cold-and-mud team. I won't miss the small, speedy LBs needed for the cover-2 scheme at all.

You're not kidding. I'm so sick of small LB's that are under 230 LB's and DE's under 250 LB's. The Tampa 2/bend-don't-break defense was the wrong defense for Buffalo. Those big DE's & LB's are exactly what the Bills need in November & December in cold, snowy games.

I would love that.

:rolleyes: How true!!!

While nice to hear, these reports mean little. There have been too many past OTA/minicamp/training camp superstars, who do nothing during the regular season/their careers, to get excited over.

While nice to hear, these reports mean little. There have been too many past OTA/minicamp/training camp superstars, who do nothing during the regular season/their careers, to get excited over.

LOL! Doc, do you remember Dan Brandenburg? In preseason he couldn't be stopped. Seriously, he looked as good as Bryce Paup rushing from the outside. In regular games he was an absolute horror. ;) He couldn't get near the qb, and was pushed all over the place on runs. I'm talking really bad.

Still, I like the way this kid looks. If the Bills are going to miss, let's miss with big strong players instead of the relatively useless Levy/Jauron types.

LOL! Doc, do you remember Dan Brandenburg? In preseason he couldn't be stopped. Seriously, he looked as good as Bryce Paup rushing from the outside. In regular games he was an absolute horror. ;) He couldn't get near the qb, and was pushed all over the place on runs. I'm talking really bad.

Still, I like the way this kid looks. If the Bills are going to miss, let's miss with big strong players instead of the relatively useless Levy/Jauron types.

Sure I remember Brandenburg. I was driving that bus, based solely on his combine numbers. I also remember Anthony Gray, Kamil Loud, Martin Nance, etc.

And I agree that better a low pick bust than a higher one. Although you can't really call a 6th rounder a "bust."

I would love that.

Not sure about the mud. Don't the Bills play on fake grass?