Six month Assessment of Nix Gailey regime

Nix Gailey six month assessment  

170 members have voted

1. 1. How Do you assess Front office moves so far?

• Excellent Job Turning this francise around
    • Too early to tell, so far so good
    • Slight improvement over DJ/Russ
    • No Improvement, Same old mediocrity
    • RW did it again, headed to disaster

Horrible job and should be fired, He has yet to lead us to a Super bowl victory! Heck, He has yet to put together a team thats been able to get the Bills 1 freakin win! Worst GM ever in the history of the NFL. Period.

Too bad theres so many Homers brain washed by cheapo Ralph and the front office that will say we should wait to see them play in a game until we assess what he has done so far

Six months ago (Dec 1) we were wondering who would be the next GM and head coach, lots of names thrown around. At the end of the day it was Nix Gailey. How do you feel they have done so far?

1.) They haven't had six months yet.

2.) You're asking how good they are at marketing.

Horrible job and should be fired, He has yet to lead us to a Super bowl victory! Heck, He has yet to put together a team thats been able to get the Bills 1 freakin win! Worst GM ever in the history of the NFL. Period.

Too bad theres so many Homers brain washed by cheapo Ralph and the front office that will say we should wait to see them play in a game until we assess what he has done so far

I understand your where your going...However, you have to agree it sure is hard to be opitimistic about this teams future considering the past ten years. That's all I have to say.

I disagree with thos who say you can't critique the new regime. I actually like the question and I will attempt to give my honest opinion. Granted it is a very early assessment and opininon.

The Good

(1) Like that they have an offensive minded coach and I hope he will be able to restore some of that Bills offensive Mojo.

(2) Like that they addressed stopping the run with N/T Troup.

(3) Like that they have a dynamic weapon named Spiller.

(4) I like that they still have Lynch on the team. without a doubt there is baggage but "he can play." Hope he's not traded.

(5) I really like the transition to the 3-4 defense. There will be growing pains...

(6) Liked the LB pickup from the Broncos.

The Bad

(1)The QB position looks to be weak. Not sure Gailey can make any of these guys quality starting QBs.

(2)The Ol looks to be weak and very young. Wanted to draft a big time OL with the 1st or 2nd pick. I am not high on WANG.

(3)The WR core looks to be weak. Lost TO and Reed. This will hurt some. Easley is too raw to be effective this year. Hardy appears to be lost. Johnson shows promise. Poor Lee Evans who happens to be my favorite Bill. Can you imagine how good he would be on a team who had an offense?

All of this is just my opinion and not based on facts. Just my two cents.

Outlook for this season is bleak. I say 4 and 12.

What I like about the new regime: They are undefeated

What I do not like about the new regime: They are winless

How about waiting until after the Bills have played some football before making any judgements? :)

How about waiting until after the Bills have played some football before making any judgements?

I think that is a bit too strong of a comment. We as fans have a right to talk about our team whether it's negative or positive. The off season and changes teams make are always going to be talked about analyzed. That is what makes football so great...Isn't that why there is the NFL network and other similiar shows? Keeping the fans abreast of the changes and analyst giving their opinions.

Isn't that why this forum exist?

As JFH said, I put my sanity on the line by stating the following:

I think most of the things the new crew has done so far have been very encouraging.

• They Brought NFL Caliber Offensive Coaching Back to Buffalo
  • They're Maintaining an Open Competition for Most Roster Spots
  • The Model for "Their Kind of Guy" is Tough, Determined and a Workaholic
  • Brought Bruce DeHaven Back - after losing the absolute best ST coach we had since Bruce DeHaven got shoved out the door by Wade
  • Took the TVs out of the Weight Room
  • Brought in TWO Tough, Competent S&C Coaches and ****-canned the pretender that previously took up space at OBD
  • Hired More Assistant Position Coaches Than Ever Before in Buffalo
  • Are Hiring a Team of College Scouts
  • They Fired John Guy and Hired Doug Whaley
  • Express in no Uncertain Terms a No-Nonsense Culture-Changing Attitude
  • They Didn't Mortgage the Future by Making Wild Trades on Draft Day
  • They're Committed to Building Through the Draft
  • They're not Pursuing a Litany of Over-the-Hill Players That Other Clubs Have Jettisoned
  • They Haven't Taken the Bait on Troubled Players With Expensive Price Tags Whose Teams are Dangling Them in the Trade Winds

What I don't like...

It's still three and a half months till the season starts.

1.) They haven't had six months yet.

2.) You're asking how good they are at marketing.

this team always gets an A+ for marketing

of course, the marketing job is really easy when the fanbase will buy any and everything you are selling, sight unseen

I think most of the things the new crew has done so far have been very encouraging.

• Brought Bruce DeHaven Back - after losing the absolute best ST coach we had since Bruce DeHaven got shoved out the door by Wade
  • Brought in TWO Tough, Competent S&C Coaches and ****-canned the pretender that previously took up space at OBD
  • They're not Pursuing a Litany of Over-the-Hill Players That Other Clubs Have Jettisoned

Good post. I can tell you are thinking optimistic
  • They Haven't Taken the Bait on Troubled Players With Expensive Price Tags Whose Teams are Dangling Them in the Trade Winds

What I don't like...

Your optimistic viewpoint isn't shared by all but nevertheless good post

for you who critcize this post of course it is too early to tell completely. What i was driving at is that we have seen nix/gailey in action for pretty much a complete off season and we can sense the direction they are taking. While the final assessment naturally won't be for a couple of years, there is nothing wrong with getting a sense of how you were all feeling about the new regime.

For me I think these guys know what they are doing, and we will have to see how Troup, Easley etc turn out. But I like the fact they drafted heavily in both lines and linebackers. This team needed toughness and hopefully these guys will

be able to provide it.

my two cents

Your optimistic viewpoint isn't shared by all but nevertheless good post

But it is shared by those of us who prefer to look at the positive side of things and maintain hope. There is a different coaching staff along with some new players as well as players returning from injury. Speaking for myself, I am eliminating the DJ era from this year's equation. Gailey has a history of maximizing the strengths of his QB's and I expect better production out of whoever is under center. Gailey is also an offensive minded coach, which DJ never seemed to have much interest in or aptitude for.

Those that want to can carry the baggage of the last several years into this season if they so choose. I'm looking forward to a tougher, more disciplined and smarter team. I don't expect them to make the playoffs, but I think this will be a team that no one takes lightly by the end of the season.

I could be completely wrong, but I think we'll be proud of this team by the end of the year.

And if I'm wrong, all ya'll (which is plural, BTW) can say, "I told you so."

What I don't like...

+1 can't argue with any of what you said.

What I like about the new regime: They are undefeated

What I do not like about the new regime: They are winless

How about waiting until after the Bills have played some football before making any judgements? :rolleyes:

How about if you don't want to talk about the Bills you don 't come to the message bioard unil the season starts.