Were Bills interested in Tebow?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't understand is how you can say "What really bothers me (if this report was true) is how the heck can I have confidence with this new Bills front office if they were going to make a decision like this???" when the guy hasn't played yet? And who even cares he's not on our team.

You say it as if we all need to convince you the front office knows what they're doing, and to this point they've shown they very much do. Now I have to build your confidence in the FO on your random thoughts? Well lets start with this. You have no idea and I mean no idea if Tebow will be a success, how about wait a few years before you judge the FO on Tebow - a guy we didn't draft.

Furthermore, you're saying you didn't want them to take Tebow. Ok, they didn't. So now they have to coddle you about a rumor? And hope they can somehow get your support again? You don't have confidence in our FO because of a rumor that they wanted Tebow? A rumor? Seriously?

The previous regime indulged fans, this regime has a plan and is sticking to it. Right or wrong - works or doesn't work, that is the right approach. Screw signing FA's to give fans the warm and fuzzies, they are saying give us time to build a winner and that's what you'll like.

I normally don't rant, but you come on here over a Month after the draft saying forgive me if this topics been covered - and then have the most irresponsible, uninformative, unsubstantiated, BS criticism of our front office over a player we were rumored to have been interested and want our thoughts on how you're ever going to be able to have confidence in a front office like this.

ok, sorry, I'm done. This one just flew all over me.

Sounds like you have been defending and agreeing with this organization for ten years. Am I right? Weren't you the one who was defending Malarkey, Williams, Juaren, Donahoe and Levy the GM before they stunk it up. Now your doing the same with Nix and Gailey. I know its too early too tell...I just have little confidence in this whole organization. That's the way I see it and so do many others...This forum is about expressing your opinions and that's what I did. If you don't like it get off the board. I am not the only one who lacks "extreme confidence" in the Bills organization. They have to put up or shut up. Until then, I will continue to "BASH' this organization because there actions warrant it.... How is that for the most irresponsible, uninformative, unsubstantiated, BS criticism of our front office????????????????????

I believe the Bills were very much interested in trading up for Tebow. Can't remember which insider said it, but the words were, "the Bills WILL have their QB by the end of the night (night of the first round)." Add to this that those who were around the Bills war room, recognized frustration among the group, it also leads you to believe that Tebow was the guy. Lastly and most telling in my opinion, was Ralph Wilson coming out and speaking about a player who was selected by another team. "Denver panicked and selected Tebow." Why would Wilson care? If the Bills did not have any plans to select Tebow before the 3rd round, why did he care that Denver selected him in the first? He might as well had commented on Pierre-Paul and said, "the Giants panicked and selected Pierre-Paul." In my best Matlock impersonation, "Wilson did not care about Pierre-Paul, but he DID care about Tebow. Isn't that right..?" I'm just glad that this is one trade that did not go down - no Troup, no Carrington...

Sounds like you have been defending and agreeing with this organization for ten years. Am I right? Weren't you the one who was defending Malarkey, Williams, Juaren, Donahoe and Levy the GM before they stunk it up. Now your doing the same with Nix and Gailey. I know its too early too tell...I just have little confidence in this whole organization. That's the way I see it and so do many others...This forum is about expressing your opinions and that's what I did. If you don't like it get off the board. I am not the only one who lacks "extreme confidence" in the Bills organization. They have to put up or shut up. Until then, I will continue to "BASH' this organization because there actions warrant it.... How is that for the most irresponsible, uninformative, unsubstantiated, BS criticism of our front office????????????????????

Thank you for further confirming your overwhelming stupidity. It only brings continued credence to my criticism of your post.

If you're not smart enough to understand you can't put the last 10 years on the new guys, there's nothing else to be said. Actually you're the person who needs to leave the board and not come to this site. You spew your obvious uneducated negativity with some rumor about Tebow and use that as a weak foundation for not believing in the new FO, wow. And then at the end of your post you say "what do you guys think"?

I simply answered your question and told you what I thought, and you get you're feelings hurt. Then don't start posts asking what do you guys think of my post.

You're boring.

Thank you for further confirming your overwhelming stupidity. It only brings continued credence to my criticism of your post.

If you're not smart enough to understand you can't put the last 10 years on the new guys, there's nothing else to be said. Actually you're the person who needs to leave the board and not come to this site. You spew your obvious uneducated negativity with some rumor about Tebow and use that as a weak foundation for not believing in the new FO, wow. And then at the end of your post you say "what do you guys think"?

I simply answered your question and told you what I thought, and you get you're feelings hurt. Then don't start posts asking what do you guys think of my post.

You're boring.

"

I am not here to get into a pissing contest with you. Your words were "If you're not smart enough to understand you can't put the last 10 years on the new guys." The one step you can't seem to piece together is part of the problem is Raplh Wilson and he has been here for more than ten years (I think?). He is the one that hired all those unsuccessful coaches, GM's, ETC... Now, he hires Gailey and NIX and I am supposed to have confidence in them. Why should I? I don't like the moves they have made so far. They have to earn my respect and so far they haven't earned anything. By the way, you never did answer my previous questions. Why? Never mind, I already know why. You are boring because you have been saying the same thing for 10 years and counting. The only things that change are the coaches and GM names. Keep singing the same ole tune buddy.

You stated I posted the most irresponsible, uninformative, unsubstantiated, BS criticism of our front office ." Those are some pretty harsh words. Guess you didn't like my response. Sorry, if you can't handle a fan critiquing your team then so be it.

Could care less what you think...Instead of bashing me, I would like to hear what the hell you have been saying for the last ten years. Allow me to paraphase since I know you won't respond.

(1) Marlarky and Donadope are winners. They are "Pittsburg men" and they will bring their winning ways to Buffalo. WRONG

(2) Greg Williams he is a solid defensive mind and he will bring that toughness to the Bills. This will lead to more wins and a path to the playoffs. WRONG

(3) Jauron is a Bears guy with solid defensive mind. He knows how to communicate with his players and has the respect of his players. I like his style and this will lead us in the right direction. WRONG

(4) Levy was a great coach and now he is going to be a great GM. He is a BILL and he knows this organization. Good things are to come...WRONG

How did I do? BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

"

(4) Levy was a great coach and now he is going to be a great GM. He is a BILL and he knows this organization. Good things are to come...WRONG

Granted Marv Levy was a much better head coach then GM, but then that was his first stint at GM. If given more time I think he would have done really well as the guy just had the ability to adapt, learn and adjust.

Marv did a ton of things properly and started things off the right way. He hired a head coach who reminded him of himself and gave an experienced NFL coach another shot at being a head coach. HUGE mistake,just about everything Marv did while as GM ...ole Dickyhead tore it apart.

Marv looked around the league for a decent OC and wanted a high powered offense so he hired Steve Fairchild to implement the greatest show on turf to Buffalo. Fairchild quit and Jaruon replaced him with a QB coach who had never called plays or installed game plans, fired him two weeks before the season starts and replaced him with another QB coach who had never called plays or installed game plans, what a freaking moron!

There are certain things you need to take into consideration concerning his time in Buffalo. He was limited by the scouting department who obviously suggested Langston Walker and Derrick Dockery would be worth what the Bills paid them, they weren't. Then the 15+ year veteran O line coach Jim McNally retires and dickhead replaces him with...you guessed it, a rookie assistant line coach. The result of that was Trent Edwards suffering a severe concussion in Arizona and the line played poorly and protections suffered as did the Bills QBs.

The strength and conditioning coach was one of the worst under Jauron and the Bills had an endless amount of injuries year after year.

So if you state Marv Levy scrood everything by hiring Dick Jauron, then yea that one move ruined Buffalo for 4 years. As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions...

Granted Marv Levy was a much better head coach then GM, but then that was his first stint at GM. If given more time I think he would have done really well as the guy just had the ability to adapt, learn and adjust.

Just think, if Marv could set back this franchise and do so much incalculable damage in two years, what could he have done in four years? Set back this franchise for a generation?

So if you state Marv Levy scrood everything by hiring Dick Jauron, then yea that one move ruined Buffalo for 4 years. As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions...

The goofy owner hired someone he was comfortable with although he was embarrassingly unqualified for the job. The Marv Levy GM era was an unmitigated disaster. Marv Levy is a very congenial and nice person. As a GM he was an abject failure. If you assume a position of responsibility in an organization you accept being accountable for your decisions.

When Levy was on a local radio show promoting his book last year shortly after Jauron was let go he was asked about the firing. Levy responded that he felt it was unfair and all Jauron needed was more time to right the ship. Those pitiful comments are a clear demonstration of how out of touch and clueless he was in his knowledge of today's NFL.

"

I am not here to get into a pissing contest with you. Your words were "If you're not smart enough to understand you can't put the last 10 years on the new guys." The one step you can't seem to piece together is part of the problem is Raplh Wilson and he has been here for more than ten years (I think?). He is the one that hired all those unsuccessful coaches, GM's, ETC... Now, he hires Gailey and NIX and I am supposed to have confidence in them. Why should I? I don't like the moves they have made so far. They have to earn my respect and so far they haven't earned anything. By the way, you never did answer my previous questions. Why? Never mind, I already know why. You are boring because you have been saying the same thing for 10 years and counting. The only things that change are the coaches and GM names. Keep singing the same ole tune buddy.

You stated I posted the most irresponsible, uninformative, unsubstantiated, BS criticism of our front office ." Those are some pretty harsh words. Guess you didn't like my response. Sorry, if you can't handle a fan critiquing your team then so be it.

Could care less what you think...Instead of bashing me, I would like to hear what the hell you have been saying for the last ten years. Allow me to paraphase since I know you won't respond.

(1) Marlarky and Donadope are winners. They are "Pittsburg men" and they will bring their winning ways to Buffalo. WRONG

(2) Greg Williams he is a solid defensive mind and he will bring that toughness to the Bills. This will lead to more wins and a path to the playoffs. WRONG

(3) Jauron is a Bears guy with solid defensive mind. He knows how to communicate with his players and has the respect of his players. I like his style and this will lead us in the right direction. WRONG

How did I do? BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Just when I think you can't get more ridiculous - you come back with something even more nonsensical. Wilson's job as the owner is to empower the people he hires to be able to make the football decisions, he has clearly done that. His second responsibility is to fire those same people if the decisions they make don't produce - he has clearly done that, you yourself have given 5 examples above. What Ralph owns is being wrong on the people he has hired (hopefully till now), but you can't say he hasn't been committed to trying.

To answer your question "How did I do?" - You embarrassed yourself once again.

Just think, if Marv could set back this franchise and do so much incalculable damage in two years, what could he have done in four years? Set back this franchise for a generation?

The goofy owner hired someone he was comfortable with although he was embarrassingly unqualified for the job. The Marv Levy GM era was an unmitigated disaster. Marv Levy is a very congenial and nice person. As a GM he was an abject failure. If you assume a position of responsibility in an organization you accept being accountable for your decisions.

When Levy was on a local radio show promoting his book last year shortly after Jauron was let go he was asked about the firing. Levy responded that he felt it was unfair and all Jauron needed was more time to right the ship. Those pitiful comments are a clear demonstration of how out of touch and clueless he was in his knowledge of today's NFL.

The salt in the wound, for some, is that most NFL media types said as much when Levy was announced as GM. In fact, Chris Mortensen has had a lynch mob tailing him ever since. :)

How is it you can tell this person that this forum is about expressing opinions, and then in the same sentence, tell them if they don't like it, to get off the board? Don't they have the right to express their opinion about yours? Or is this a one-way street?

to get back to the original post,

yes, the Bills were heavily interested in Tebow

and reports during the draft indicated that they had a deal in place with the Jets to move back into the bottom of the 1st round to draft him.

Denver made a more aggressive move (because they had positioned themselves to be able to do so), which is what got Ralph's Depends in such a bunch.

Gailey planned on having Tebow run the Pistol from day 1 which is also why he got Spiller.

If there's been one consistent thing this off season, it is that the Bills don't do what the pundits think they are going to do and it seems to make the pundits very angry.

It seems that they've gone old school and tell the reporters something different than what they plan to do.

I'm not sure who you mean by "pundits", but the guys covering the draft for NFL Network were definitely not mad/angry/annoyed when they said "Bills officials" were angry. BTW, when one is looking at someone, they don't have to say anything in order for it to be clear that they are steamed, assuming one has any sort of social situation recognition skills. Maybe you mean the Bills officials are their own pundits. :)

and reports during the draft indicated that they had a deal in place with the Jets to move back into the bottom of the 1st round to draft him.

Denver made a more aggressive move (because they had positioned themselves to be able to do so), which is what got Ralph's Depends in such a bunch.

Gailey planned on having Tebow run the Pistol from day 1 which is also why he got Spiller.

The Bills were never going to take Tebow on the first day of the draft, if ever. Schefter was merely speculating and everyone ran with it, hence the reason Ralph saying what he did.

The Bills were never going to take Tebow on the first day of the draft, if ever. Schefter was merely speculating and everyone ran with it, hence the reason Ralph saying what he did.

1. Can you show the percentage of times that Schefter makes **** up out of thin air?

2. Can you prove that all the other reporters on the scene were riding Schefter's coattails with pure regurgitation and making no effort of their own, even those working for other networks?

How is it you can tell this person that this forum is about expressing opinions, and then in the same sentence, tell them if they don't like it, to get off the board? Don't they have the right to express their opinion about yours? Or is this a one-way street?

The worst part is he's the poster and asked "What do you guys think?"

1. Can you show the percentage of times that Schefter makes **** up out of thin air?

2. Can you prove that all the other reporters on the scene were riding Schefter's coattails with pure regurgitation and making no effort of their own, even those working for other networks?

I wouldn't call it "making **** up" as it was trying to put 2 and 2 together given the Bills' needs, talking-him-up before the draft, and bringing him in for a visit. Speaking of which, the percentage of players the Bills draft after bringing them in for a pre-draft visit to OBD approaches nil, which has led me to cross off anyone who visits there. And Nix said that the Bills did try to move up, but not for Tebow. Why lie about it not being Tebow?

I don't buy it, if that is the case then why didn't the Bills go after Jason Campbell or a different named QB like Clausen or McCoy once Tebow was gone if they wanted a QB?

There were rumors that the Bills were interested in Tebow and more rumors that they were not interested in any QB in this years draft with the exception of Sam Bradford. The rumors were even more hot and heavy over Jimmy Clausen, and then Colt McCoy. I tend to believe the Bills were not interested in any QB in this years draft besides Bradford, who was unattainable because of the price the Rams would ask.

About the only QB we sorta know for certain the Bills made an offer for was Donovan McNabb and McNabb turned down Buffalo.

I tend to think that the Bills have their eyes planted on what the Dolphins are doing with 4 QB's on the roster in Chad Henne, Pat White, Chad Pennington and Tyler Thigpin. The odd man out in that situation might just be Pennington if he doesn't fully recover from his shoulder surgery.

Henne is the starter and the Dolphins will want to keep Pennington if healthy and should Henne falter they have seasoned vet to bail them out, Pennington did take them to the playoffs. Pat White is the developmental project to run the "wildcat".

That leaves Tyler Thigpin as perhaps the guy left out in the cold in Miami...and Buffalo may be his next stop.