Dallas Truck Crash

The silver SUV, heading away from the camera, under the truck...that is one of the quickest and best reactions I have ever seen on a highway.

And luckiest.... If someone was in the lane next to him.... :wallbash:

The silver SUV, heading away from the camera, under the truck...that is one of the quickest and best reactions I have ever seen on a highway.

That's called the hitch-eastwest. I flipped two squirrells into the Bently at the same time with that move once. You're right. It is very tricky.

Slick driving indeed.

Anything but that maneuver and that SUV gets pinned under the truck.

Only minor injuries:

Can you imagine being in the oncoming lane and seeing that flying at you?! :wallbash:

Very true.

It's amazing that no one was hurt, and that the car could push the semi/trailer into and over the guardrail.

The Beamer put his shoulder to the tractor's right wheel - effectively steering him into a hard left at at least 60 mph.

That rig has a lot of momentum and nowhere to go except into the wall and up and over same.

It's the same highlight-reel-seeking move most NFL defensive backs make to bounce a WR out of bounds ever since they gave up real tackling.

Same thing happened on US 78 near the intersection with 287 a few years ago.

Except there wasn't a Jersey barrier separating the roads. A tractor trailer traveling west bound got a shove from an idiot driver and then spilled over the center median and down forty or so feet into the three oncoming lanes of traffic of 78 East. That one was a crash and burn with a fatality.

Friggin Beamer drivers. Probably texting too.

I drove right past the spot where all of this happened a little while ago. If the the tractor trailer had hopped the median about 200 yards further north (the direction it was headed) the southbound traffic would have had far less reaction time due to a curve and a limited line of sight. Just amazing that nobody was killed or injured.