PFT says Marshawn a fit...

Munch

Seattle would be INSANE to trade for Lynch; he is a risk with his off the field issues only 1 year past.

We would make a mistake in letting a top tier RB go who adds depth to our good backfield. I think this year the value of Spiller/Jackson/Lynch will be huge.

For the most part, for Seattles sake, I hope they do not take it. I cannot stand USC, therefore Carroll is a tool, therefore, F Seattle. Seattle has no one we need, either.

Seattle would be INSANE to trade for Lynch; he is a risk with his off the field issues only 1 year past.

We would make a mistake in letting a top tier RB go who adds depth to our good backfield. I think this year the value of Spiller/Jackson/Lynch will be huge.

For the most part, for Seattles sake, I hope they do not take it. I cannot stand USC, therefore Carroll is a tool, therefore, F Seattle. Seattle has no one we need, either.

Seattle has no one we need? Yes, thats right, we have such an abundance of talent. I forgot. :wallbash:

If you want to win this year, sometimes you need to take risks. If Seattle thinks it can make a run, and given how crappy that division is they might be able to, why not get a guy for a future draft pick to help you out this year?

Personally, I think Seattle should jsut keep the backs they have. Forsett looked pretty good last year.

Seattle has no one we need? Yes, thats right, we have such an abundance of talent. I forgot. :wallbash:

They have talent on par with ours and anyone we would be able to score via trade would be roster depth vs impact player.

Lynch isn't going to see the field until he proves to Gailey he's dedicated to learning the offense. We are a LONG way from seeing that happening.

The guy obviously doesnt want to be here, most likely wont be dedicated if he is. Best for both parties to send him packing to another team and get something for him while he still has some value. Does Seatle have any lineman we would want?

The guy obviously doesnt want to be here, most likely wont be dedicated if he is. Best for both parties to send him packing to another team and get something for him while he still has some value. Does Seatle have any lineman we would want?

Exactly, Nix needs on this instance to quit being stubborn and ship his ass

Can't predict what will happen.

Some decent arguments for the likelihood of him being traded as well as the contrary.

I can only say that if I'm Pete Carroll, after the LenDale White episode, that I'm once bitten and twice shy. I'd cut my losses on RBs with questionable character.

In other words, no way would I trade for Marshawn Lynch. Could you imagine Carroll's standing if Lynch ALSO got a 4 game suspension after being traded for (just like what happened with White)?

The more I think about it, the more sure I am that a trade to Seattle won't happen.

They have talent on par with ours and anyone we would be able to score via trade would be roster depth vs impact player.

Are you calling Marshawn Lynch an impact player? When? Two seasons ago he was a promising an above average back who would run hard most of the time, had undeveloped pass receiving skills, and was poor at pass protection support (picking up blitzes). He ended up a Pro Bowl alternate and got to play when 3 other backs couldn't or wouldn't. Last season he did nothing special other than lose his starting job after sitting out the first four games due to suspension.

We had this guy named Thurman Thomas who run, cacth and block, all while staying out of trouble. He was an impact player.

If we could get a 3rd rounder for Lynch and trade that pick to Baltimore for Gaither I would be all over that deal.

Why would Seattle trade Locklear, a bonafide starter and impact player for a RB who might not even be enough to help. Lynch is a starter, he will be better than people expect this year. OTA's are not the golden ticket.

Some decent arguments for the likelihood of him being traded as well as the contrary.

I can only say that if I'm Pete Carroll, after the LenDale White episode, that I'm once bitten and twice shy. I'd cut my losses on RBs with questionable character.

In other words, no way would I trade for Marshawn Lynch. Could you imagine Carroll's standing if Lynch ALSO got a 4 game suspension after being traded for (just like what happened with White)?

The more I think about it, the more sure I am that a trade to Seattle won't happen.

I am with you on this. If Marshawn was going to Seattle it would have been in this draft

Seattle would be one of the teams most likely to consider trading for Lynch. Carroll is very aware of Lynch's abilities as a player from ML's years with California in the Pac 10. Is he going to give up much for a disgruntled and immature player? Probably not. But if the Bills could get a 3rd or 4th round pick for him I would gladly take it and move on. From the Bills perspective this would be a case of addition by subtraction.

With whatever the Bills could get for Lynch (draft pick) maybe they can use it for a potential deal to get a credible LT. This isn't a situation where the Bills can get much value for a Lynch. But getting something for this fool is better than nothing. A trade of Lynch would be the best thing for him and the organization.

You forget that Seattle also traded for RB Leon Washington from the Jets, so it's not like they have no once to carry the ball. Seriously, after LenDale f**king up Seattle would have to be crazy to trade for another problem child who is one strike from a one year vacation from football.

PTR

It would seem strange for Seattle to get rid of a guy with off field problems, and then turn around and pick up different guy with many of the same kinda problems. I know Lynch has been better on the field, but it seems contradictory, and therefore unlikely that they would give the Bills much for Lynch even if they wanted him. But then again it's Pete Carroll, and he confuses me.

I think if Lynch is traded, it will be to a team in a more desperate situation, like after an injury, or it becomes apparent to a team that a veteran is over the hill and they need help fast.