2010 Starters - could be a lot better than expected

Looking into the overall lineup - I really only think we have 2 big holes (yes they are big holes), but overall I think we may actually have a contender

QB - Edwards/Brohm - we need help here

RB - Jackson - Good

Flex - Spiller - Good (we think)

WR - Evans - Good deep threat

WR - Johnson/Hardy - big question mark

WR3 - Parrish - If properly utilized could be seriously dangerous, big IF

TE - Nelson - weak blocker, good receiver

OT - Bell/Meredith/Wang - big hole here

OG - Levitre - potential pro-bowler

C - Hangartner - Serviceable - will ultimately be replaced by Wood

OG - Wood - solid (If Calloway turns out to be good as touted, look for him to start and move Wood to center)

OT - Green - Journeyman starter - decent runblocker, questionable pass blocker

Defense

DE - Stroud - decent

NT - Williams/Troupe - big question mark - could be good

DE - Edwards/Carrington - unknown - could be good

OLB - Maybin/Coleman - big question mark - could be good/could suck

ILB - Poz - solid

ILB - Davis/Mitchell - okay

OLB - Schobel/Batten - if Schobel sticks around could be good

CB - McGee/McKelvin - look for McGee to become the nickel this year as they move to more man defense - could be good for McKelvin

CB - Florence - good

SS - Whitner/Scott - solid

FS - Byrd/Wilson - solid

If Gailey is as good as he is touted in making QB's play above average, the QB hole is diminished. LT however is a different story - I could see a Wang, Levitre, Wood, Calloway, Green line by mid-year - which may not be that bad.

Looking into the overall lineup - I really only think we have 2 big holes (yes they are big holes), but overall I think we may actually have a contender

RB - Jackson - Good

OG - Wood - solid (If Calloway turns out to be good as touted, look for him to start and move Wood to center)

Defense

DE - Stroud - decent

ILB - Poz - solid

CB - McGee/McKelvin - look for McGee to become the nickel this year as they move to more man defense - could be good for McKelvin

CB - Florence - good

FS - Byrd/Wilson - solid

If Gailey is as good as he is touted in making QB's play above average, the QB hole is diminished. LT however is a different story - I could see a Wang, Levitre, Wood, Calloway, Green line by mid-year - which may not be that bad.

Not sure about some of your starters but... those I've put in bold are real concerns for me. I hope we finally have some real coaching... tired of the losing. The only one I feel you're way off on is Florence. He really isn't much.

Unfortunately, shaky QB play and LT play are enough to bring down the best offenses....and the Bills are merely an average offense even if you don't factor QB and LT into the equation. Maybe Gailey's playcalling and experience will uncover some hidden gems, but unless one of our 4 QB's elevates their game, it's going to be another long season in my opinion.

QB - Edwards/Brohm - we need help here<------Fitz

Not exactly anybody's idea of help.

I want to see Edwards win the job. I think he has the most upside in 2010, and has shown the ability to play at a relatively high level (at times) even with a poor supporting cast. I'm at least intrigued to see what Gailey can do with him. Fitz is a bum, I've never been sold on Brohm...he was a system product of Bobby Petrino at Louisville.....and Levi Brown....well.....maybe some day.

It will take time for the gailey offense to jell and in the meantime, our young players gain experience that eventually pays off. By year's end, this will be a much better O.

QB - either a holding pattern or one of the four "gets it" This will be the biggest question mark.

RB - a strength, a big strenth

OL - serviceable if Bell recovers and pans out, good interior youngsters

WR - Spiller will help deflect attention from Nelson, Evans and the new WRs. Screens and dump offs, etc. Not a strength, but as good as some teams.

Secondary - our biggest strength, with talent and depth

LBs - the second biggest question mark (personally, i don't think we have any good LBs)

Dline - will take time, but we have the big bodies

Special teams - pretty solid

Coaching - better be better!

So, really it will the QBs and LBs (and the coaches) who determine this season's success. All I'm hoping is that a few young guys perform like Byrd did last year and we stay relatively uninjured for a change.

Not exactly anybody's idea of help.

I want to see Edwards win the job. I think he has the most upside in 2010, and has shown the ability to play at a relatively high level (at times) even with a poor supporting cast. I'm at least intrigued to see what Gailey can do with him. Fitz is a bum, I've never been sold on Brohm...he was a system product of Bobby Petrino at Louisville.....and Levi Brown....well.....maybe some day.

Edwards proved he belonged on the bench last season behind a less than stellar fitz so Im going with the guy who won some games and actually kept me awake at the ralph Fitz 2011

edwards

why do people keep backing a guy in who has proved over and over he has no heart? He is a true coward and is desperately trying to hide his mental shortcomings with the "dump pass" Why dont u all watcha tivo once in a while and see what im taling about, The guys afraid to throw anything over 10 yards and doesnt dare throw over the middle. Wide open recieverz??? forget about it. Fitz was far better last year, makes all the throws and has a little clutchness in him, Edwards is a cowardly child who just wants to stay on the roster. He will be out of the league the moment we cut him, I garauntee no team ever starts this douch bag again. its not coaching or Oline,, Hes a poser pure and simple, he doesnt even throw the ball right, doesnt that say it all???

I dont really care that much about wins and losses, I just want them to be fun to watch. Im going into the season with no expectations. They have fun special teams, some good offensive speed and runners, decent defense.

We're not gonna win the championship (along with 30 other teams) but they'll be fun to watch most Sundays, win or lose.

The more questionable positions a team enters the season with, the worse they'll be. And Buffalo's got issues at all the major ones: QB, LT, NT, and the pass rushing OLB's. And, at the less important positions of WR, TE, and RT.

When I look at the offense, the only proven guy is Jackson. Evans doesn't take over a game, and the best OLineman are 2nd year guys. Otherwise it's a hit and mostly miss. The defense doesn't have a proven pass rusher, and their run defense is depending heavily on a rookie. That' a major cause for concern.

Besides, the HC hasn't done the job since 1999 and hasn't been a coordinated a real offense since 2001. Things have changed considerably since then. But don't tell Buddy or Ralph.

RB - Jackson - Good

Defense

DE - Stroud - decent

ILB - Poz - solid

CB - Florence - good

FS - Byrd/Wilson - solid

I could actually see a line of...

Wang - Levitre - Wood - Calloway - Meredith/Bell

(if Calloway does not pan out, Meredith could move into RG and Bell would be the RT...also watch out for Jason Watkins and Cordero Howard...either could step in at RG or RT)

edwards

why do people keep backing a guy in who has proved over and over he has no heart? He is a true coward and is desperately trying to hide his mental shortcomings with the "dump pass" Why dont u all watcha tivo once in a while and see what im taling about, The guys afraid to throw anything over 10 yards and doesnt dare throw over the middle. Wide open recieverz??? forget about it. Fitz was far better last year, makes all the throws and has a little clutchness in him, Edwards is a cowardly child who just wants to stay on the roster. He will be out of the league the moment we cut him, I garauntee no team ever starts this douch bag again. its not coaching or Oline,, Hes a poser pure and simple, he doesnt even throw the ball right, doesnt that say it all???

On top of the fact your post is nothing more than a personal attack on Edwards as a human being, your spelling is offensive.

Why do you think anyone is ever going to take you seriously with stuff like this? Just curious... :thumbsup:

edwards

Nobody that makes it this far at this position is a coward. I doubt you've ever met him and I'm sure you wouldn't say it to his face would you , Rambo ?

Finally, I doubt you've ever coached (Based on your nametag) or you wouldn't have made such ignorant observations.

Questioning his ability to play QB is one thing but ignorantly questioning him as a human being is simply hateful and stupid.

I'm really trying to see some positives. We've seen/read a lot of statements from current players about how things have changed, but wouldn't anyone say that when the boss gets canned? I hope they are giving more than lip service and really see a difference.

The keys to the season are what you've mentioned above plus one more. QB play has to be vastly better than what we've seen. I don't care who the QB is, just make some friggin plays. O-line is a big question. If these guys can't get it together it will hamper any improvements the QB might otherwise make. Finally, WR is an unknown. Roscoe is saying the right things, but he did last year too. Can he perform from the slot? We'll see. Is Evans a #1? We'll see. Who will step in at #2? Hardy or Johnson are logical choices, but will Easley open some eyes? We'll see.

I'm trying, I'm really trying...